somerset
05-25-2003, 08:28 PM
wonderfully explosive!

rapolina
05-26-2003, 06:14 AM
i can see movement and vibrations!

Kalibabe
05-26-2003, 06:19 AM
I love the painting, a wonderful feeling of warmth and vibrancy...

But I am going to be boring and ask a question...

How did you manage to photograph metallic paint so well???

I ahve painted a lot using metallics recently and cannot get a decent photograph to save my life.

Do you have a secret???

All I get is glare:confused:

edenart
05-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the comments... now onto the question!

For photographing metallics, as you know there are really two ways the metallic can look to the eye... light and dark.

So, I try to take a picture of both versions. For the picture above (the dark version) I light it from two sides at a 45 degree angle and take the photo head on with NO flash. For the LIGHT version below, I took the photo with the two lights set up and then I use the red-eye reduction setting on my digital camera for the flash. It flashes BEFORE the picture is taken and then again as it's being taken. For some reason this reduces glare. The light image is below.

Both of these images have imperfections, but when photographing metallics, you have to deal with that shiny surface in the best way you can!

Kalibabe
05-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Thanks eden.....

I have always just used my digital camera and tried different angles, but we do have some anglepoise lamps, so will try with them... thanks:D

sciartist
05-26-2003, 10:34 AM
You are on a roll with these new abstracts. What a great series of works.

ginatec
05-26-2003, 11:03 AM
Another wonderful painting! I like the idea of copper and bet it is just awesome to see it live and glowing.

lgol27
05-29-2003, 01:00 PM
I like your "News!News!News". very nice. keep it up.