PDA

View Full Version : Isabella

jolie
05-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone,

A few of you may remember Isabella's beginnings from several months ago. She didn't officially have a name then, but she did get called quite a few not so nice things in the heat of frustration! lol I posted her for advice, made some changes, posted again, got some more great advice, and put her away for a long time...I just couldn't face her for a while. Anyway, I'm finally been painting again and feeling inspired, so I fixed her while the mood is hot. I visited Venice a couple of months ago, which is probably why an Italian name popped into my head when she was finally done. It's a beautiful, awe-inspiring place, and has a lot to do with my feeling like painting again. I've given the rest of my abstract nudes Italian names too, and think I'll continue the trend for a while. I hope you like the final version (and you'll probably be glad to finally be rid of her. lol), but even if you don't I'm finally happy.

Jolie

Stefan
05-25-2003, 04:27 PM
can i ask the size and medium?

jolie
05-25-2003, 04:31 PM
oops! I meant to include that info. It's on a 30x30 inch canvas. The figure is acrylic, and the background is acrylic, gesso, and ink.

Jolie

kymbo
05-25-2003, 05:41 PM
The compersition is good, it's the colours, they just vibrate.
I would think it feels good to finally get her finished

Stefan
05-27-2003, 07:25 PM
its a nice combination.

the figure is definitely floating off the canvas.
Shes loose and free flowing and thats enjoyable also.

I think its a good painting.

jenna_searcher
05-28-2003, 01:17 AM
oh, yes. i remember her :) this turned out beautifully, jolie. i think i'd like to live in that red. oh my...
nice work.