PDA

View Full Version : WAY out on a limb!

jawarriner
05-25-2003, 01:20 PM
What an all new first for me!
Watercolor - airbrush - abstract! 7"x10"
What incredible fun!
But I need input. I like it, I think. My friends and family are use to graphite realism, so this kind of stuff blows their minds.:confused: So I really could use "artistry" input. I was so thrilled with doing this piece, I am actually thinking of doing a very large interactive (audience) involved piece like this at an up coming show.
All comments welcome.
Thanks -
Jennifer
:rolleyes:

Mary Riggs
05-25-2003, 03:59 PM
This piece invokes a sense of a spirit flowing upward towards the light of love and serenity.

LOVE IT............ It appears to me you have moved into another realm, so to speak! I hope you continue with this direction because to my eyes you have touched something special inside yourself.

jawarriner
05-25-2003, 05:41 PM
WOW! Thank you Mary. That means so much - you have no idea. I am a self-taught, having only been "playing" in art since I was diagnosised with Multiple Sclerosis just over two years ago and this "artsy stuff" just started falling out of me. I truly take it as a sign from God. This new "realm" as you call it - has an incredible flow of energy and emotion that I had never experienced before. So your descriptive interpretation helps me to understand my new found emotions.
With Sincere Appreciation -
Jennifer

Please keep the comments coming - critics welcome.:)

surreal
05-25-2003, 09:12 PM
There's a feeling of fragility and delicacy about this piece that is strong and appealing.

jawarriner
05-25-2003, 09:27 PM
I think you guys are being TOO nice. This is way cool. I figured for sure someone would say something about the 3 sets of 3 dots. It is more just a personal thing to me, but can anyone think what it might represent?
Happily Yours -
Jennifer:D

surreal
05-25-2003, 09:31 PM
I can make a few guesses, but I am in suspense.
What do the dots represent?

jawarriner
05-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Well I was hoping for atleast a guess, but that is okay. For me it represents the Trinity. Keeping it alway near. Just giving credit where credit is due.
Jennifer

rapolina
05-26-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Mary Riggs
This piece invokes a sense of a spirit flowing upward towards the light of love and serenity.

i agree, and i like it very much.
i went to see your site: your graphite works are beautiful, and are not "usual realm" at all, there's an imagination point of view :clap: :clap: .
the jump to abstracts looks to me "natural" and your friends will learn to know the other side of your art, i'm sure :) 'cos it's very beautiful and it's not a nonsense, it has feeling.
keep on and send more!
thank you for sharing, rapolina.

jawarriner
05-26-2003, 10:10 AM
I have been saving my pennies to purchase a motorcycle in two weeks. Now I am wondering should I purchase more supplies to venture more into this "new realm". I no large watercolor paper larger than 7"x 10" and have a few pages of that remaining; only an inexpensive starter set of watercolor and single stage airbrush. Oh my - Decisions! Decisions! Can I have you three as permanent features in my studio? I would get so much done!
Thank you again so much for you wonderful words of incouragement. You all do such lovely work as well, so it means alot!
Jennifer

Mary Riggs
05-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Jennifer -

I am happy to know that my few words about your lovely piece have encouraged you. The painting hit a special place for me at this time of memorial. Heres hoping you keep exploring this side of your creativity.