PDA

View Full Version : abstract- eye of concealment

kare
05-25-2003, 03:12 AM
i did this piece in 1999, though i'm eager to hear some feedback. it was done with oil pastel.

all comments welcome

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2003/18486-eye_concealment.1999.jpg

darkangel
05-25-2003, 03:35 AM
I'm not one to do abstract work, so I can't comment totally - but it's colorful and purdy Hehe :)

Petdevils
05-25-2003, 04:29 AM
interesting face, nice colours, do u prefer soft over oils? don't know much bout pastels either so my comments here are limited to it looks quite good ;)

ginatec
05-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Eye like it:D Nice bright colors!

surreal
05-25-2003, 02:36 PM
I always enjoy viewing art in which eyes are present!

beatle_john
05-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Nice :)
Eye seems to me like placed backwards, LOL :)
Balanced composition, could have some of those dark lines defining the contour of the center's objects...

Regards...

kare
05-25-2003, 04:13 PM
thanks DA :D

PD, i did this with oil pastels, they're alot harder to manage most times.. they are thicker and harder to blend.. whereas soft pastels are very easy to blend and they're more like a powder.

B_J; you're right, it could do with more darks towards the centre! at the time i was a very happy girl - always smiling and in a energetic mood.. then i guess i got my job and it all stopped- and i miss it sometimes, though inways.. i have this to remind me of the way i was growing up :)

LOL thats right, i'm not as fun anymore :D

judithj
05-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi Ciarrai!

I am wondering why you choose the name for this piece and what it means to you?

-Judith

kare
05-25-2003, 06:48 PM
judithj; lovely of you to take a look here :) i really appreciate it!

the title of this piece is Eye Of Concealment.

The eye in the piece knows about everything around it, but it will never tell what it sees to anyone. for me, it was my personal thoughts and beliefs of the world around me. someone might ask for my oppinion, though they don't necessarily care what i have to say- this piece takes those feelings and pushes it into colour.

I used to be a very colourful person :) can't you tell?
thanks again for looking!
ciarrai :D

rapolina
05-26-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by ciarrai
The eye in the piece knows about everything around it, but it will never tell what it sees to anyone. for me, it was my personal thoughts and beliefs of the world around me. ciarrai :D

i was thinking about how express what i think about your "eye" in my english :confused: and then i read this... i think your arrow arrived to me.

i was thinking that the eye sees outside, but the inner heart (pink and yellow) keeps tigh all feelings, screwing them by the arms (green and pale blue)... am i right?

powerful!
ciao, rapolina.

kare
05-29-2003, 10:29 PM
rapolina;

i think what i am trying to say is.. i was always a very happy girl in school.. i would be the one who could smile, no matter what the situation.. i was always very happy..

i think i was trying to surpress all of my sadness into this picture when i did it.. make my sadness feel happier by adding alot of colour and curves.

i appreciate your interest in this piece!
ciarrai :)

judithj
05-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Hi ciarrai!

It takes a whole lot of insight into yourself to make an art expression of your emotions -

I do a lot of visual journaling - I keep a sketch book going in which I draw my feelings and sometimes I write poetry too.

It is a great way to keep in touch with yourself.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your art.

Warmest Regards, Judith

small_chameleon
05-30-2003, 07:43 PM
It looks like you enjoyed doing it.