PDA

View Full Version : Hello I am new intro

amouse
05-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone.

I am a beginner at painted or drawing artwork but have experience in sculpture.So I have set aside sculpting for now and am into learning digital art.I love it!!!

Here is one of my cartoons, it is a rat and I believe he is telling the lady about being a rat, LOL

amouse
05-25-2003, 12:43 AM
yikes I will try to post the picture again

dk_art
05-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Greetings

Unique concept :) ... I like how the face is not all shown too.

I'm not a fan of the colour white personally so my preference would be for another colour background but that's just me.

Just curious, do you have any thoughts on what the rat is saying to her?

What program(s) are you using and do you have a pressure sensitivedrawing tablet (ie , like at www.wacom.com ... I find a tablet and pen is quite a lot more preferable than using a mouse ... again that's my personal preference which doesn't mean other's can't do nice work with a mouse).

amouse
05-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Hi David, thanks for your comment and questions.

I use a logitech mouse to draw with.The picture is when I first started drawing so there is no background. My programs are Paint from windows 98, Pixia,Corel 3 and Corel 4, and dogwaffle.

When I drew the rat pic the thoughts of women calling bad men rats and the rat himself is speaking sincerely about his rat nature LOL. This is probably way more than you wanted to know!

My apologies for not responding sooner.

ajlec2000
05-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Pixia was my first and still my favorite art program.

William Reents
05-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi Amouse

I'm a new member too, stick around awhile, You'll get to love us.

I'm into water colors myself.
William

digistyle
05-28-2003, 11:32 PM
Yeah, glad you decided to stay!

digistyle

amouse
05-29-2003, 12:40 AM
Thank you all for being so nice!

madster
05-29-2003, 12:46 AM
I liked this image when I first saw it, but I like it even more now that you've told a bit of the story behind it!

You could turn this into a cute illustrated story. I'd love to know what he is telling her of the nature of rats, and how it does/does not relate to labelling bad men as such...:D

dk_art
05-29-2003, 01:23 PM
"I'm not a fan of the colour white personally so my preference would be for another colour background but that's just me. "
--------------------

Hmmm, I just realized how hypocritical this makes me sound considering pretty much all of my ink/watercolours on ebay have the white paper background left exposed

Hehe , oh well , don't mind me

plumpfairy
05-30-2003, 12:33 PM
:D cute! I like the 'ratz perspective' on this.
Looking forward to more from you!
jana:D ;)