PDA

View Full Version : attention bird lovers

stalksthedawn
05-24-2003, 07:11 PM
tomorrow afternoon I'm going to the pet store sans kids(wooohoooo) and taking tons of photos of the birds in the large bird room. Parrots, parakeets and all sorts of critters get to pretty much be cageless so I should get some good shots. Be on the lookout for a lot of photos in the reference library in the next few days!

Jakeally
05-25-2003, 08:34 AM
Wooooohooooo....I really look forward to seeing them. Would love it if you could get some up close and personal pic:D

She-She
05-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Oh goodie!! :clap: Can hardly wait!!

stalksthedawn
05-25-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm back form the pet store...I had a blast!
took about 180 photos and will start cropping them in a few minutes and uploading them in an hour or so.
Here are my hints and tips for anyone who wants to try this....
1) wear comfortable shoes. My brown boots may look cool but man do my feet hurt.
2) bring earplugs..those guys get loud!
3) when a big green parrot looks at you and goes "here kitty, kitty, kitty..meoooooow" don't start laughing hysterically, it scares the birds ;)
4) always bring extra batteries
5)offer to print the best photos and give them to the nice petstore people... they love that!
6) ask to see the birds up close..I didn't ask but the petstore people offered anyway, it was great!
off to play with the photos :D
Aleks

stalksthedawn
05-25-2003, 05:51 PM
I was mistaken. It's a total of 231 photographs including a few of tropical fish and bunnies so the upload may take a bit more time than I had planned :)

She-She
05-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey Stalksthedawn,
I was in the library the same time as you..... :D . As you were uploading I was taking a peek. All your photos are great!!! I have put a couple into my 'favorites'. All these birds are soooo colorful. It's so nice of you to do this. I'm sure many of these will turn up as paintings. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I'm going back to see what more you have put up... :D

Jakeally
05-26-2003, 05:33 AM
Woweeee....you got some great shots. How thoughtful of you to take pics of the feet and the backs as well as all the gorgeous poses.
Thank you so much for doing this....it will be enormously helpful to me:clap: :clap: :clap:

MonicaB
05-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Your photos are absolutely awesome! Thanks so much for sharing them. I am smitten by the African Grey. :D

Crazeejumper -- I also loved all your photos. I think I'm love with Bailey. :D