PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile Scratchboard

inkskin
05-24-2003, 02:34 AM
Well, I am calling it done(for now anyway) and it took a while I would say.
It is on 14"x18" clayboard black,and it took about 50 hours I would say.I got permission to use a reference photo taken by jpope for an art project a while back that I never got a chance to do. The photo is a bit yellow,I will try to fix that tomorrow(I'm off to sleep now.It isn't colored.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2003/7924-scratchboard_crocs.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2003/7924-scratchboard_crocs2.jpg

She-She
05-24-2003, 04:19 AM
This is outstanding work!!! I love it!!

Paul Hopkinson
05-24-2003, 05:06 AM
This was time well spent Heather. If I could produce something like this in 50 hours then I would be over the moon!

Lovely work!
Paul

myorca
05-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Hi Heather!!

You have been busy I'd say!! These guys are GREAT!! I am still astonished by your talent and how you have taken scratchboard by storm. I always look forward to seeing more.

Bob

Leslie Pz
05-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Wow, wow, WOW!!! Excellent work. Great detail! I can't say enough. Very very well done!

Crias
05-24-2003, 09:06 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2003/2921-crocs.jpg

Fantastic work! I am itching to do another scratchboard, but MUST finish my current commision, which is taking WAYYYY too long :D

Once again, Excellent:clap: :clap:

BTDogMom
05-24-2003, 09:46 AM
OMG! Heather, this is FABULOUS - EXCELLENT work!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

ironhorse
05-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Holy smokes!!!!!
that is amazing Heather!!!!!!!!!
I think that was from on of Animals monthy art projects? Make sure you put it there too.
Wow wow wow!!!!
Twyla
:clap: :clap: :clap:

inkskin
05-24-2003, 10:51 AM
She-She,Paul,Bob,Leslie,Thanks so much!I was getting to the point where I thought it would never end sometimes. I think I will be going back to a small size for a while:)
Cathy,I was wondering if you had anything in the works. I am glad you like my crocs,and thanks for lightening it for me.
BT,Twyla,thank you as well. I will see if I can track down that project Twyla.:)

Heather

crazeejumper
05-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Amazing!! Just look at all the detail in that skin! Bravo, Heather! :clap: :clap: :clap:

gemmag
05-24-2003, 11:49 AM
Oh My Goodness,,,, this is absolutely Fantastic!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gemma

shedreamsbig
05-25-2003, 12:17 PM
Wow,

Your so talented!! Really nice peice! I admire your photo realism!!

I honestly thought it was the referance pic.!! Your have captured every detail in perfection! Simply Gourgous!!

Christina
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lorna12
05-25-2003, 03:32 PM
You have set the bar waaay higher with this one, Heather! It's absolutley incredible! The crocs, the water, everthing about this is just fantastic!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How did you like doing something in scratch that was "non hair"? I haven't tried one that big (yet), do you think it was easier or harder to do your detail work? I sometimes feel like I'm going blind doing the smaller ones and wondered if it would be easier if it was a larger size.

inkskin
05-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Crazee,Gemma,Christina,Lorna,thank you SO much.

Lorna, I think that the texturing of the skin of reptiles is ideal for this stuff and it was a lot of fun to do. As far as the size, you can really get into the detailing but be warned:it takes a lot of stamina. I am used to finishing things rather quickly,so I had to take a lot of breaks from this and worked on weekend binges.50 hours seems like nearly a lifetime to me.Don't get me wrong,I work on sculpting all day and come home to this, but I like a lot of variety. I purposely didn't start another one at the same time this time so that I would get it finished.Usually I have a couple of things going at once.

I started a small one last night.8x10.WHEW!

Heather