PDA

View Full Version : Weekend/Daily Tail May 23/03

Leaflin
05-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone :D
We had a great time "camping" last week.
We've always camped in a tent.
Started out in a pup tent 30 years ago and gradually got bigger tents as the years went by.
This year we decided to get a trailer to pull behind my Explorer.
I think that is the most relaxed and peaceful I've felt in years.
Rained the whole time!!!! LOL
I got some drawing done but wasn't able to get any wildlife pics this time.
I'm going to try get over to my neighbours and get some shots of her peacocks when this rain lets up.
Here's what it looked like up in the Blue Ridge

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2003/1471-BRP3.jpg

So what is everyone up to this weekend?

shedreamsbig
05-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Goodness that looks so peaceful and serine!! Your so lucky!!!

I am glad you made it back safe!! I wish I were closer to mountians...but in Florida I am thrilled when I see a small hill!! LOL
Sorry to here about the rain...but I am still envious!!

This weekend I think I am gonna try to go visit my horse!! But I am gonna have my friend Ginger gaurd off those mean beasts!! I am alittle conserned about going but looking forward to seeing "Wes" My Throughbred!!

Christina

ironhorse
05-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Oh Leaflin that sucks! But at least you were not in a tent!!
Cool pic tho!

Christine we wanna see pics of your pony!!!!!!!!

Me I have to work all weekend.:p
But I work at a toy store so it's really not that bad.:D
I had my fun yesterday at the horse show.
One thing that really bugged me was that there was an artist there selling prints made from a lot of Robert Vavra's photos. I cannot beleve the gull of some people! Sadly there were not great art either!;)

Well I'd better got going!
TTYAL
Twyla

Pippin
05-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Cool picture leafin.We have had a very rainy spring here.Today it`s not raining at this moment but everything outside is soaking wet.If it drys out I will try to do some gardening.Hoping for a little sun tomorrow so I can take some pictures at a local horse show.Watch out for those geese Christina !I know how aggressive they can be.I had a couple for pets and they were fine with me but it got so know body else could come on the property with being attacked.They ended up being sent off to guard a flock of sheep.
Have a good day everyone,Chris

She-She
05-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi all,

It's a sunny weekend here, & I'm workin' it too. :rolleyes: Not sure if I'll take the time out to go riding, I'm not exactly feeling up to par the last few days. Haven't done any art for over a week either.

Christina, when you can post a photo of your horse. I want to take some nice summer shots of my horses too this summer.

Twyla, you said that you are going to Spruce Meadows for the North American show? I looked at the dates, I don't want to promise, but I would like to try & come for that. One of the things that I missed out on was the art exibits the last time I was there.

Leaflin, camping is fun until it rains, but then some how you make that a fun time too. A lovely photo btw.

Chris, looking forward to those horse show pictures. Our local show here isn't til the end of June, altho there are many jackpots going on now, barrel racing,& team roping mostly.

Happy Trails..... :D

shedreamsbig
05-24-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks Guys!!

I am working on getting them!! the role I had sent that I thought was of him was from my daughters birthday party:rolleyes: Sorry I was so upset...even though it was nice to see my daughters party pics but I really wanted to show Him off!! I will try my best to get the other 6 rolls I have here to the devleoper tomarrow and then I will be sure to have his pic.s!! And also the Paint with the blue eye I was gonna get.... Unfortunatley the had to put him down.... He got a nasty infection...:( :crying: But I guess it all worked out I couldn't really afford the payments... and Look I was given my New horse!! For FREE!! These two guys just wanted him to have a good Home!! Wait to you guys see him! You will be a shocked as I was when they said ....." just take Him love him, train him and show him and send lots of photos and updates!!" I about fell over! It was Totally a God thing!!

But I hope to have the pic.s ASAP!!!!! And believe me you will all be you will be tired of seeing him! I took tons of photos of him and the Paint ("Y51" who passed)

myorca
05-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Well been a dreary 7 months and still waiting for summer to arrive here in Michigan. It has not hit 80 yet this spring and I miss the sun and warmth!!

Took a break from matting and framing to redo my display. Spent most of the day at home depot and the fabric store. I am a bit gimpy and my wife isnt in the best shape herself so we are trying to create a lightweight display "in a bag". LOL.

Got a bunch of PVC piping and have attempted to make that work and so far it is coming along quite nicely. We will ziptie the display to the ez-up and have created some hefty concrete pads the whole thing will sit in to keep it on the ground. Those and the weights for the canopy should weather some decent wind. The whole display weighs about 20 pounds if that (without the weights) and is easy to lug around, will fit into a bag the size of an ez-up bag. No more heavy, bulky panels and frame work to lug around!! YEAAHHHHHHHHH

Leaflin, your camping adventure sounds great!! We camp alot during the summer and in a tent. Kind of a pain on the body but love it just the same. We have talked about getting a small popup as we get gimpier in time. Although your weather seems as bad as ours you still managed to have a great time and that is what its all about!!

Bob

lorna12
05-25-2003, 02:40 AM
Too bad about the rain, Leaflin, but what a beautiful photo! We love to camp and some the ones that were the most fun, were in the rain.

We had our first taste of summer here today..the temp was a whopping 28 degrees C. (That about 82F for you americans) Our first really Hot weekend! Yeah!!

It really got us itching to go camping. We're planning a couple of longer trips this year and hopefully a few weekenders as well. We're planning on going to Waterton Parks on one trip and then Banff/Jasper on another. I can hardly wait! This seems to have been a very long and blah kind of winter this year. (I know how you feel, Bob.)

I've been working on a portrait, a commission for a friend. Her dad does wildlife carving (really nice ones) and the photo I'm using is of him working on a piece. It's his 80th birthday and this will be a gift for him. Should be able to post it here as well as in portraits, as it has wildlife in it. (The piece he's carving) Ya think?

She-She, I hope you're feeling better real soon!
Christina, It's nice to have you back. Take it easy when you go visit your horse, I'd hate for you to trip and break the other leg!!!

Have a great week everyone!:D

ironhorse
05-25-2003, 09:44 AM
WOO HOO we got a Hall of Fame!!!
Check out the new "sticky" guys!!!!!!!

I'm off to work again today :p But I get to go to a bar-B-Q after. Love it when I don't have to cook!!;)

TTYAL
Twyla

She-She
05-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by ironhorse
WOO HOO we got a Hall of Fame!!!
Check out the new "sticky" guys!!!!!!!

Twyla

I saw that too. What a list!! My hat go off to you Leaflin. You did an awesome job to get this up for us.

:clap:

echidna
05-25-2003, 04:02 PM
oh my...
after reading this thread, i went to check out the new hall of fame. scrolling down the list of fabulous works, i saw that my warmblood made the list- and my jaw dropped. so i just wanted to stop in and say thank you to the powers that be here. i've hit a bit of a tough time, and am going thru a "midlife crisis" at the ripe old age of 19, and seeing my thread there really means a lot to me. thanks to all of you for the constant inspiration that helps keep me going! enjoy what's left of the weekend!
~Sara

Leaflin
05-25-2003, 05:49 PM
:music: "It isn't really raining rain you know it"s raining voilets":music:

Good to hear from everyone this weekend.
Looks like we need to have a WC campout!

Glad you guys like the Hall of Fame thread :D
I'm sure I missed some real good ones so if you come across any that you really like let me know.
I tried to get all of the WIP and step-by-step's that were finished and in one or two threads.
It was the first time that I have used the note book feature and URL Hyperlinking.
Now that I know how to do that
:evil:THE WORLD IS NOT SAFE :evil:

Leaflin
05-25-2003, 08:08 PM
If any of you are interested I just started a thread in the cafe' called "Let's see your camping gear"
I thought it might be fun to see what everyone has camped in over the years.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109460