PDA

View Full Version : Can I just tell y'all something?

BTDogMom
05-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Some of u know that I do mosaics (not 4 a while, but it's 1 of my favoirite things 2 do) - but I just wanted 2 tell u all something. - I am sooooo amazed at the wonderful things I c in this forum - I know I don't comment - I apologize, but I just have 2 many forums that I am attached to and I don't know the 1st thing about making these beautiufl glass gems that u all make. I'm truly floored everytime I come in here. And just wanted u all 2 know that I appreciate what u do. & Lord knows, I CAN'T start another hobby - I have a bazillion kajillion of them & my husband would freak! But u r being watched & I look through every single thread in here, just so I don't miss any beauties! I'm just gobsmacked!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!Gorgeous things u guys do - WOW!!!:clap: :clap:

ValorieCox
05-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Jamie, Thank you for taking the time to let us know that others are enjoying our works, and indeed appreciated the incredible talent we have here in the glass arts of WC!

Val

BTDogMom
05-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ValorieCox
Jamie, Thank you for taking the time to let us know that others are enjoying our works, and indeed appreciated the incredible talent we have here in the glass arts of WC!

Val

Yes, it is truly unbelievable talent over here and yes, I have gone through every thread on the 8 pages that r shown here LOL!! Amazing the tiny worlds u guys capture in glass!

nursekatie
05-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Very sweet! You should show us some pics of your past work with glass....it doesnt have to be current!! We love eye candy of all ages:D

MaryBethC
05-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Thank you so much! And hello from a fellow Coloradoan!:D

BTDogMom
05-23-2003, 07:36 PM
oh huge *blush* I feel about as big as a gnat compared 2 what u guys can do, but here it goes . . . I posted these a while ago (some of u have already seen it - I hope u don't get too bored)
- The 1st one is glass, but the 2nd 1 is ceramic - & I don't think that counts, does it?:rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2003/18803-Mom-DadMos1-WC.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2003/18803-Mom-DadMos-det-WC.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2003/18803-G-maMos-WC.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2003/18803-G-maMos-det-WC.JPG

DonnaB
05-23-2003, 07:43 PM
BT, ... that means so very, very much that you would tell us this... you just don't know what it means to us, when someone who isn't a lampworker appreciates it...

Sadly, non-lampworkers often don't "get it"... Many people are working very hard to change that... but I was so very touched by your post... Very, very touched.. Thank you.

Amazing the tiny worlds u guys capture in glass!

What a wonderful thing for you to say...

DonnaB
05-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Your mosaics are gorgeous and stunning. I hope you will post your mosaic work whenever you are able...

nursekatie
05-23-2003, 08:41 PM
OMG...they are beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MaryBethC
05-23-2003, 09:08 PM
Your mosaics are wonderful:clap:

Darla60
05-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Jamie, you do beautiful work! I love the frames! You can come play here any time! :)

Darla

Alene
05-23-2003, 09:34 PM
Wow. Gorgeous mosaics. I have dabbled in mosaics (headed a team that mosaic'd an entire life-size fiberglass model of a cow once), and know it takes a great deal of patience and time, and yours fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. Great pieces!

Alene

glitterbead
05-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Jamie - my husband does mosaics, so I know the hard work that goes into each piece. Your work is simply gorgeous!!!!! And thank you sooooo much for appreciating our work!!!

Lee

dark13ootique
05-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Look at all the tiny pieces of glass! I feel clumsy next to something like this- I'd have it all over the place, and nothing would fit together :D Hot glass=melt it til it FITS! lol This is exacting work, and you did a fabulous job :D Thanks for posting, BT!

BTDogMom
05-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Holy Cow!! Thank you 4 all of your kind words. I'm shocked to hear that non-lampwork artists can't appreciate what u do...I have 2 pick my jaw up off the floor everytime I come in here! LOL.

Again thank you, and just remember that I do appreciate u guys HUGE and even if I don't comment, I AM looking. How u get those little flowers in your glass beads is amazing!!!

npuffer
05-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Jamie, Thank you so much for your praise it really means a lot. Your work is AMAZING!!! I always think I want to try to do a mosaics but I just don't think I have it in me, the amount of detail that you have in your pieces is amazing.

Thanks for sharing,
n

midniteburner
05-25-2003, 02:14 AM
Oh, how I do love those picture frames!!!! The first one shows you have a ton of patience! All of those little, tiny pieces of glass. The ceramic tile one is very pretty.

Do you do the stepping stones? Mark W showed a tutorial of the ones that he and his wife did. It was remarkable.

I bought the stuff several years ago to make one. Well... the stuff still sits there.

Sara

BTDogMom
05-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Thank you Natasha & Sara!! So nice of u both, Natasha I have never done the stepping stone thing at least not yet, but it's in my plans 4 someday:rolleyes: :D :D

Artaholic
05-26-2003, 02:15 AM
Jamie , nice to run into you over here!!My daughter is here from Aurora for the Memorial Day . She goes to church in Parker, and one of my best pals lived there, her family still does.These are my two favorite forums Glass amd Pastels !! See you around :) :)

Gerry