PDA

View Full Version : The Picnic

mfynn
05-23-2003, 03:32 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-23-2003/3348_The_Picnic.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-23-2003/3348_Picnic_closeup.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Picnic
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
This painting is primarily acrylic but the ants, flies, olive, tomato, egg centers, watermelon seeds, beads, and ice cubes are all attachments. There are also places where three dimensional paint has been applied.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
My goal with my work is to make people feel good when viewing my paintings. I want them to walk away entertained but I would like to know what you think about the subject matter. My subject matter always tends to be a bit whimsical and I want to know if you think that makes people/the viewer not take my work as seriously as they would a realistic landscape or portrait.

jerryW
05-23-2003, 03:46 PM
what a picnic,
what a ball!

coyote
05-23-2003, 04:56 PM
hahaha...that is SO fun!:D

beauty
05-23-2003, 05:11 PM
I like it! You said you wanted to make people feel good when looking at this piece.. I think you achieved it!

I can picture it hanging in a child's room or on a fun colorful patio

pero lane
05-23-2003, 06:05 PM
:clap: This is so much fun!! I love it! What makes you think that no one will take you seriously? You have great talent & it shows that you enjoy what you do. By allowing the viewer to feel this...you bring them into your world...funland! What a place to be!!

giniaad
05-23-2003, 10:37 PM
I think people need some
good time
serious fun...

what a creative treat!

Painted Melody
05-24-2003, 04:00 PM
this is great, and will definitely make me look more than once to study it.

i can understand about the "seriousness" of work with subject matters like these. i wish i can tell you an answer, but one of my instructors told me, on speaking on any subject matter, if you want to be taken serious, you need to paint terribly large. i can't say if i agree with him yet since i'm fairly new myself.

jeremy

Gilberte
05-24-2003, 04:35 PM
I am firmly convinced THIS IS ART but I can't put a definition on it.
I like it very well ! scratch ...

mpopinz
05-24-2003, 05:26 PM
This is Very Kewl!!!

Fun, bright, and well painted!