PDA

View Full Version : boy on the bank wc first then ink

2003maryann
05-23-2003, 10:56 AM
I did the watercolor first on this painting then I put in the ink to accentuate certain areas. I have been e xperencing with this technique. No way am I near "NICE's" fabulous wonderful pen and watercolors but she inspired me when someone showed me her work in a book they have of her. Another cruiser who wants to be an artist also and has two of the best books I have seen in a long time. Nice and I can't remember his name but he used ink paintings and it the greatest.

els
05-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Very good work MaryAnn

Jakeally
05-23-2003, 01:36 PM
I love this one Maryann. Beautiful colours and gorgeous free and flowing pen lines....very very nice:clap: :clap:

MonicaB
05-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Maryann, I love all these sketches you are sharing with us. Thanks for posting all of them.

I believe the "Nice" you are referring to is Claudia Nice -- she has a whole series of books on using pen and ink with watercolor washes. Here's her website, which lists all her books. I love all of her books!

http://www.brightwoodstudio.com/

prairie painter
05-24-2003, 12:31 AM
I really like this one, reminds me of alot of good memories. Another very good pen/ink/watercolor instructor is Wendy Jelbert from the UK. She put out a really good little book called "line and wash" I think, Amazon has it. But I like your style as is!

Omman542
05-29-2003, 03:30 PM
This is really nice! I love the feel of this picture. I tell ya, right about now I wish I was there....

2003maryann
05-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Omman, I am originally from Stratford, New Jersey. Left on June of 1997 for my sailing adventrues. Where are you from in NJ?
Thank you all for your support and comments. It is rather difficult to get the books I want here. If we ever get to St. Martin, I hear I can acquire some really nice books there, reasonably.

Omman542
05-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi Maryann!

I am in central New Jersey, around Somerset, Edison, etc. It sounds like you have a wonderful life, sailing and art, could anyone want more? :)

Too bad about the books. I rely so heavily on them at this point for ideas and such. Just picked out a book on anatomy last night and something else for the Sun project.