PDA

View Full Version : quick doodle in india ink

Christinart
05-22-2003, 02:46 AM
"Safe in His Shadow"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2003/18474-004.jpg.jpg
What feelings does this drawing invoke in you?

Jakeally
05-22-2003, 09:57 AM
Sadness.....a feeling of despair maybe.

Oldthumbs
05-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Mentally disturbed person huddled in a corner somewhere. What is this - some kind of ink blot test? :)

Christinart
05-22-2003, 03:59 PM
I just made this doodle a couple weeks ago in my sketchbook and just really loved it.. i printed some postcards with it on there and people just went gaga over it.. weird huh? they all had a little story about what feeling it invoked in them, or what it reminded them of, so i figured i would ask here and see what you guys said. Blessings to you all.

seejay
05-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Funny how essentially abstract shapes and lines on a piece of paper can evoke feelings. I like this, I can see why other people like your postcard.

Cheers

Christinart
05-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Thank you, Chris. I appreciate your feedback. It is quite intriguing to me to see other's reactions to artwork, not just my own , but anyone's. I think often times, in my own work, I create 'things that make you go hmmm'... works that make you think about a time or a place or a person, or an experience that tugs at you... tugs at the pit of your belly or somewhere even deeper inside... You know what I mean? Most people I know that see my work just think it's weird or ask why someone is painted blue or red intstead of some natural color... or why I leave lines that show the construction of my drawings or whatnot... I just love color, i love to experiment, and i love to let that be eveident in my work.. regardless of the aesthetic rules it may break.

Petdevils
05-23-2003, 01:33 AM
stinkiness...they are checkin for b.o ;) no its really nice... its like relief after something traumatic or exhausting

is india just carbon based ink from teh bottle or is there a difference..... i have ink and im not sure what to call it lol?

prairie painter
05-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Makes me think of safety, cozied in a corner with a security blanket, taking a breather from life. Interesting the different reactions to it!

orchid black
05-25-2003, 03:00 AM
I really love this. There are too many emotions this brings to me, but I'll try to list, though i may not explain (unless you really want me to...)

The first thing I saw was (maybe influenced by the title) a person comfortable and safe under the wings of God. For this reason, it evokes a sense of peace for me, more than anything else. However, when I look deeper into it, I see myself: wanting to be alone and closed off, but not able to because of the friends and faith that I have. I remember isolation and desolation, tragedies in my life and triumphs.... and it brings me to a view of the journey I have undertaken, and am even now in the midst of. Reminiscent of my poetry.

Peace over all though....

Christinart
05-25-2003, 03:08 AM
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and positive feedback, prairie and orchid! bless you both.

sassybird
05-25-2003, 01:41 PM
The poem "Footsteps" comes to mind. Safe and relief come to mind for me.

rapolina
05-27-2003, 09:55 AM
despondency... beaufitul!

ciao, rapolina.

drwells
05-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Deep sadness, having nowhere to turn, no shoulder to lean on.

Very touching

danny

Christinart
05-27-2003, 03:14 PM
I love all of your replies, its so interesting to me to see what others see in art.

Elankat
05-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Very powerful piece. :)

kare
05-28-2003, 06:53 PM
despair is what comes to me.
the loss of a loved one- feeling alone, unprotected- perhaps they think the end has come for them..

very moving piece.:crying:

Lesley
05-30-2003, 05:41 AM
This one definitely tugs at the heart. A very thought provoking piece. Well done!