PDA

View Full Version : ink - Quick figure wash

kare
05-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Just did this quick ink wash of a woman..
wanted to concentrate mostly on top half- torso and up.
did this in 2-3 minutes for a quick study to test myself.

all comments welcome

"woman" ink wash on sketch paper, (A3) 22nd May, 2003.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-May-2003/18486-ink_wash_girl_2003.jpg

drwells
05-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Ciarrai,

Hmmm

I'm not comfortable critiquing let alone doing a critique on figures, cuz I haven't drawn any since I was a teen I am much better at being a cheerleader, but.. Here's my opinion...I think when you are doing a quick drawing, relax a little, let your wrist loose and let the lines flow. I think maybe you are trying to hard on this one...It should be fun and loose like the self portrait you did..."classic sixties" and draw what you see, not what your mind is telling you that you should see (not sure if that makes sense). I know you can do it...have seen it. ;) I hope I didn't offend...Only mean that you can do it better cuz i've seen it in you!!!

:)

Danny

kare
05-21-2003, 07:37 PM
no offence taken :)

it's okay.. it was only a quick wash. i don't know if i should continue on figures to be honest.. its just something about them that i can't grasp :rolleyes:

drwells
05-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Patience young one, patience.. It takes time...Keep at it...

d

kare
05-21-2003, 08:23 PM
do you think i have done a bit better with proportions? you being a dr and all :D lol

Phillip
05-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Your doing fine ciarrai, Practise does make it easier.

I am starting to draw better now I think,
& to tell you the truth I am not practising all that much.

kare
05-21-2003, 09:27 PM
can you really tell that i didn't relax enough when i did this piece?

drwells
05-21-2003, 09:34 PM
LOL..... I'm Daniel Robert.....thus dr... :D

I'm just telling you what I feel....I can't speak for you...but I can feel your excitement about art and that is awesome-don't ever change that...Just relax you've got plenty of time to become an expert. ;) Gawd, some day I'll dig out my figure drawings and show you...One time in class this teacher came up to my drawing of a female figure, right in front of the model and the whole dang class and said....My god young man!! She isn't a cow.....(guess I made her chest to big) :D

:)

Danny

kare
05-21-2003, 09:53 PM
LOL Oh.. you didn't!!!! oh dear! lol...

i bet you were betroot red after that! my, would be an embarassing experiment indeed. did the model react at all?

:) don't worry.. am sure there are plenty of others who've had a similar experience!!
thanks for the advice Dr Daniel Robert :) (it's got a ring to it!!)

beatle_john
05-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi Ciarrai,

This is a nice drawing :)
I agree with drwells comment I think when you are doing a quick drawing, relax a little, let your wrist loose and let the lines flow , the usual objective when doing quick sketches is to warm up, that's why, I think, drwells wrote it...

So, keep doing a lot more like this one :)

Regards...

kare
05-22-2003, 09:47 PM
thinking about doing some abstract work over the weekend.. just want to relax and have fun with different styles right now- i don't want to fix myself to a certain medium it seems too.. is that normal for other artsis at wc? do you experiment regularly with different mediums, or do you stick to one? maybe it is that i haven't found the medium which best suits me yet, i'm not sure.. i love ink, though i think i always come back to painting sooner or later.. still, it's very fun to experiment.