PDA

View Full Version : first wildlife...

']['REMBLE
05-21-2003, 04:22 PM
i always seem to end up drawing (or attempting to draw:rolleyes: ) people, so i thought i'd try something different.dunno if i'll finish it or not, just tryin something new...
']['

BTDogMom
05-21-2003, 04:46 PM
][remble - u have a fantastic start here!!! - Keep GOING!!!:clap: :clap:

gemmag
05-21-2003, 05:08 PM
This is a GREAT start,,,,, don't stop!
Gemma

']['REMBLE
05-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Jamie and Gemma; thanx for your comments, i feel all mushy inside! truth is, i've pretty much run out of room on this piece of paper!i guess i started too big. i originally was just practicing the eyes, and got carried away.the paper is 9x12and there isn't much room for more...:D :D
']['

MonicaB
05-21-2003, 07:07 PM
No, keep going anyway! This is wonderful. No one says you have to fit the whole head on the paper. Look in the drawing forum at a couple of Darkangel's "big faces". Yours is just a big tiger face. :D

Margaret Dent
05-21-2003, 10:25 PM
I hope you'll finish because it is looking very primising. The tiger is staring straight at me and he has a lot of intensity already. Ears slightly laid down would really add a lot of character.

Don't you find that when you try drawing/painting something totally different from what you usually do, you learn a lot even if it doesn't turn out quite the way you imagined it?

Keep going!

Margaret.

']['REMBLE
05-21-2003, 11:35 PM
okay folks, i have officially run out of room on my paper! However, i did get a little more done. So tell me, did I over-work it, does it need more blending? i'm calling it done and giving it to my daughter, so shout if you see anything that just jumps out at you.:D

']['REMBLE
05-21-2003, 11:38 PM
a detail shot...

Paul Hopkinson
05-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Nice work!:clap:
The only thing that concerns me is the lenght of the nose, seems a little long. Do you have a reference photo you can scan?

Paul

']['REMBLE
05-22-2003, 11:29 AM
paul, i measured the distance between the tiger's eyes in the ref., and it was the same distance as the length of the tiger's nose,so i did the same for the drawing. this drawing doesn't look like the ref, so i won't show you that...:o . but i did check my dimensions on that nose.:D

Paul Hopkinson
05-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Ok that's fine. I think it's from when I drew a Tiger in CP's but looking back mine had a different expression hence reducing the ditance between the eyes and nose because it was snarling.
Thanks for pointing that out and double checking the measurements.

Paul

BTDogMom
05-22-2003, 03:54 PM
U know what though - I don't think it's too big, I think it just makes 4 an interesting composition - I love it - EXCELLENT work, ][remble:clap: :clap:

']['REMBLE
05-22-2003, 04:03 PM
thanx jamie, your comments mean Sooo much to me.ya make me wanna keep tryin to learn this "drawing " thing. loved your last one of the two boys. awesome!
']['