PDA

View Full Version : Anels Call

somerset
05-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Now that I have a nude to work on for maybe 3 weeks might as well post this. This is probably the most non-abstract thing I've done since stick people; no idea where it came from.
All crits welcomed.

Photoshop Elements 2

Adrienne
05-25-2003, 05:39 AM
See, this is what happens when I don't watch the board for a week or two --- something like this gets by me.

I think this is very cool. I'm not sure why you say that this is more non-abstract than your other stuff though. How about the one that echoed a dancer from a few decades ago, or the one with all the living chaos that resulted from your thoughts and frustrations re: your brother...

I recognized shapes and forms in those, but I'm not recognizing such precise forms in this???????

Anyway, I think this is the 2nd one where I've liked the white you're using. I've tried off and on lately to incorporate white into a painting, but without success. I think I need to borrow one of your muses. ;)

Thanks for sharing this here!!! (If they'd let us subscribe to a person, I'd subscribe to you so I could be sure not to miss any of your threads!)

ginatec
05-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Great work. Really like the harmony!

somerset
05-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Adrienne and ginatec... thank you. BTW, the title should be Angels Call sorry about the typo. I guess for me the heart of this piece is the white and what it contains so that is why I felt is was less abstract than my ususal. You're making me blush.