PDA

View Full Version : Cerulean Stain

Xerielle
05-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Hey everybody!!! Sorry I've been gone so long. (Again) ((I need a new computer!!!))

This is acrylic on canvas paper. about 9" by 9" or so...
I've missed You! :crying:

All comments welcome & appreciated as always. :)

marc
05-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Clearly a Xerielle :D

I love your use of colours, they're so smooth and creamy.. I think I would like to see the blurred parts (primarily the band in the upper third area) to be more clear and defined like the wave that starts from the middle left and ends at the bottom right corner.. it maintains the smoothness, but keeps the texture and wide dynamic range of colour definition.

What is canvas paper? Just a thin canvas? Is it still stretched across a frame, or can you use it like regular paper? Inquiring minds would like to know!

surreal
05-21-2003, 01:31 PM
This is lovely.
Nice sweeping movements and wonderful palette.

DanaT
05-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Oh God, this is beautiful! Words cannot express! Gotta run but just had to let you know.

:)

crazi4art
05-22-2003, 04:57 PM
i love this it is really cool the blending is awesome and its so cool that it's acrylics it looks like pastels or something. awesome job :-)

Shai
05-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Really great! It looks thick and textural. Is it or is it just the illusion of thickness and texture?

Thanks for sharing this!

rapolina
05-23-2003, 10:12 AM
beautiful!!! a flock of migrating birds. i can see their wings beating

or do you mean something else?

:clap: :clap:

ciao, rapolina.

Xerielle
05-27-2003, 10:03 AM
marc~ Thank you. :) Canvas paper is just canvas unstretched as far as I can tell. Really appreciate your comments!

surreal~ :D Hey! Hope your doing well. Thanks alot!

DanaT~ :o Thank you so much for letting me know!!!!

crazi4art~ Thanks so much for taking the time to look & comment.

Shai~ Yep! Thick & textural. :D

rapolina~ Totally migrating birds!!!! :) Thank you!

Ocean Blue
05-27-2003, 12:14 PM
I just came across your work Cerulean Stain, I especially appreciate good blending in abstract work, and this is a very fine example. Has an almost photographic quality of running water. Congratulations.

Ocean Blue

blue_girl
05-28-2003, 03:16 PM
It reminds me of the water blending with my acrylics as they flow down the drain when I rinse my brushes. (I often get fixated on this). I love this painting, very good work.

Blue_girl

Xerielle
05-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Ocean Blue~ Hi. Thank you so much for your observations! :)

blue_girl~ I like that comparison! Thank you very much. :)

hadassah
05-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Totally love your work all the time. :clap: Absolutely beautiful. But then you had to know that.

marilyn h
05-29-2003, 09:37 PM
If this depicting the flow of water, it is perfect. Fantastic!

Xerielle
05-31-2003, 05:02 AM
hadassah~ Thank you! It's nice to know I will always have at least one fan! :D

marilyn h~ Thanks a lot for looking & commenting! :)