PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Scratch board

Birdie
05-20-2003, 11:13 PM
Hi All,
thought this fit in here...or drawing forum...
I have just started trying out scratch boards..this is the 2nd one, tips and comments are welcome. What a fun way to draw. I just love it. Are there good books out on scratch board work?
This is 5x7 Thank you for looking...

Birdie:rolleyes:

myorca
05-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Looks like the scratchboard fever has begun again with someone else!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Birdie, I really like this! Scratchboard is all I do and I fell in love with the process. You should have a ton of fun with it!! I have not read any books about it so I cant tell you if there are any good ones out there. I can tell you to experiment with different items to scratch with.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!

Bob

Birdie
05-20-2003, 11:38 PM
You are so right...I have a "big bug bit" :D It is fast and fun. It lets me feel like I am still being creative when I haven't had time to really dive into a painting....but I have seen some work that looks as if it was time consuming.
I am looking forward to getting better at it.
I am sure I will have questions as I go along......Thank you

myorca
05-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Hi again Birdie!

Most of the pieces I have done take between 100-400 hours to complete. I just recently did a sparrow hawk (posted in this forum) about a week or two ago that was a record 10 hours. I have been trying to speed up the process while trying not to lose the huge amount of detail that I put into it. A tough thing to do!! hahahahaha

I look forward to seeing more!

Bob

lorna12
05-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Another one got bit!!!

Good work, I love the motion you put into this. I can feel the wind!

I don't know of any books, either but if you want to check out a site with some good info try
www.martienarichter.com She has some step by steps and good instuction there. Bob's (myorca) being too modest and has a great site to look at, too. He's the one who "bit" me!

I have a new one almost done and will be posting it later this week.

Birdie
05-21-2003, 06:48 PM
I can't wait to see your work when it is done Lorna would it be to much to PM when you are done and I will check it out as I don't always have time to check in and I don't want to miss it..:D And thank you for the leads on the sites ( will check out bob's first ;) )

I had no idea it could take up to 100 hours or more for one of these.....that is amazing. I am not sure I will ever have the patience to do that...:(

Thanks again for your leads and support :D

Birdie
05-21-2003, 06:59 PM
and it is very good Lorna.........Yours to Bob very nice guys.......:D

I will sit at your feet and just soak up the talent.....;)