PDA

View Full Version : Famous Person Autograph Story

louiethe_cat
05-20-2003, 08:55 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2003/7460-P1010001.jpg
I have a little story to tell ( a big thrill for me) and thought I would share it.
I went to the Portland Jetport to meet relatives flying in, and standing in line waiting to get on a plane was quite a famous lady. I went to the gift shop to get a card so I could get her autograph, if I could work up the courage. Well I walked over and tapped her on the shoulder and asked, "Miss Ono, may I have your autograph?" She said yes, Yoko Ono, to me an icon of sorts. She was in town doing a commencement. She was so nice, asked me my name, told her how much I loved John Lennon, the Beatles.
So, I'm uploading a pic of the card and her autograph. In case its hard for you to read it says "To Alan, Love Yoko 2003, and next to it is my very own "Yoko Ono Original" a picture of the sun she drew.
Definitely one of the biggest thrills of my life. :) :clap:autograph is http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2003/7460-P1010002.jpg

flower
05-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Hey alan,

WhaT a nice thing to happen and for sharing it, how did you know it was yoko ono lennon?, wow that must have been an experience for you, bet you canīt sleep thinking about it................what about the bautiful pic that you posted too, you havnīt told us about it LOL still in schock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

louiethe_cat
05-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Well, my mothers friend who was with us had gone for a coffee and when she got back she said Yoko Ono was in line, I thought she was joking. But she wasn't. She is the one who surprised me recognizing her. Although I know what Yoko looks like, I've always been a big Beatles/John Lennon fan, I'm not sure I would have made the connection, I could have looked right at her and not known it was her, but then again maybe I would have.
It certainly was an awesome experience.
The picture is just the top of the card. I went into the gift shop and asked the clerk if he had ANYTHING in there on John Lennon, or the Beatles, but nothing, told him about what was happening. Anyway, this is just the card I picked out. Thought it was the nicest one. Then I had to go back and work up the courage to walk up to her and ask. OH, how I wished I brought my digi camera, it was in the car in the parking garage, I left it thinking there really wasn't a need for it. Oh well, happy enough with the autograph. Thanks for looking Patricia!:)

E-J
05-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Cool thing to happen, Alan :D Glad she was gracious about talking to you and signing the card.

Dark_Shades
05-21-2003, 04:10 AM
Brilliant story Alan......... I bet your thrilled to bits :)

E-J
05-21-2003, 04:49 AM
hey Alan ~ I reckon you should share the story and pic with the Café Guerbois too. Funnily enough there's a current thread there about meeting famous people!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106235

You can disprove the theory put forward there that it's only celebrities we're not interested in that we tend to meet :D

Smudger
05-21-2003, 04:52 AM
Alan - cool!!!

doe
05-21-2003, 08:41 AM
What a fun story Alan!:)

BTDogMom
05-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Cool story, Alan!!!:D

louiethe_cat
05-21-2003, 11:43 AM
I had a notification in my email that EJ had replied to this thread (computer problems lately) and when I came in to acknowledge it I see all these people! I'm like wow, glad I posted it! Thanks Ej, Dawn, Smudger, Doe and BT.
It was quite a thrill, because a couple of reasons, I remember just how I heard about John Lennons death, 'just waking up', I put the radio on, literally opening my eyes and turning the radio on and hearing "John Lennon gunned down" thats all I heard, until they started telling about it. Needless to say being a big fan I was in a state of shock, for a few days, I was living in Minneapolis at the time and working at a large dept store, and thats all that you could hear about, everyone talking about it.
And Yoko Ono was such a big part of the Beatle culture, "bed peace" culture, etc. She is kind of larger than life, even though she is tiny as a shrimp. :p Kind of scarey to walk up to her, when I tapped her on the shoulder she was back to, and it startled her a little, and having two giant body guards startled me. Everybody got startled. Of course I'm overstating this, she was really nice, and had no problem whatsoever. I guess to post it in the Cafe G. I would have to re-post it there? Or can it somehow be transfered there? Thanks all for veiwing.:clap:

Dark_Shades
05-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Alan your email notification for EJ .......... theres nothing wrong ........ its only alerting you to the first person to have posted since you last viewed the thread, it doesnt give you an alert for every single person who comments.

hope that puts your mind at rest

....... well you can just copy n paste into the other thread...... perhaps it will easier for me to do it for you :D

..... not too clever coming up behind her eh? :( ;) :)

have posted it into the other thread for you

(you will have to comment in that thread or subscribe to it or you wont be alerted to anyones comments)

Redsy333
05-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Oh Man Alan that rocks!!!!
I would of been soooooooo thrilled just to have met her, much less work up the courage to get autograph!!! ;)
If you ever get this direction...you just haveeee to go the Rock-N-Roll hall of fame in Cleveland! I went last yr. And they had the show of relics from her and John on showcase!! It was awsome!

Little trivia note>
The bed that she and John slept in, was a mattress placed on 2 church pews/benches. Very unique and simple! I fell in love with the idea:D

Congrads on your lil keepsake!!:D

flower
05-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Hi Alan,

didnīt know you were that old....................LOL i remember when the news came over, we had a fish and chip shop in yorkshire at the time (my ex and me lol) i remember all night making f&C and the customers coming in, they were in shock, it was like a freeze in time, can one man bring so many memories, WOW

Mo.
05-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Wonderful, wonderful experience, what a thrill.... and his music lives on...yeah! :)

cheers,
Mo.