PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: Expand Your Horizons Exchange

Pages : [1] 2

Painter Snoopy
05-20-2003, 01:14 PM
A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Expand Your Horizons Exchange
Project Leader: Painter Snoopy
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: Always
Maximum participants allowed: 25

Description:

Let's try to expand our horizons a bit and create five original pieces of art, to be exchanged with five other participants of this project. The project would be the most beneficial to the participants if we were to work either outside of our usual medium or incorporate our usual medium into a new concept or subject matter. Use your imagination and try something new.

There will be 25 total participants. When everyone is signed up I will randomly pick five names for each person and PM them to you. Please PM me with your mailing information when you sign up.

Pease wait until your work has been received before posting it to your project page. Also, be sure to PM the sender right away when you receive your gift. That way they can get their work up for all of us to see.

So let's get to it and make some beautiful art to share with our fellow artist!

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=439)

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

paintfool
05-21-2003, 04:43 AM
Looks like a lot of fun to me! I'm a bit busy at the moment but i do hope to find time for this one! :) Exchanges are great!

Cheryl

Jakeally
05-21-2003, 10:43 AM
YoooooHooooo Steph:D I just signed up...it sounds like a terrific idea:clap: :clap:

drawn2
05-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Count me in ! finish up the moving plans the computer is being disasembled after this thread and I will try to keep in contact until it gets back via the computers at the senior citizen center. I did not see a scanner there but I will ask. have fun till I get back Drawn 2 Art /Carol

Jakeally
05-22-2003, 04:42 AM
Just had a thought Steph.....what size paper are we using?

Painter Snoopy
05-22-2003, 12:42 PM
You know the fun thing about this exchange is that it can be anything we want. It can even be jewelry or something. It is very open. Size is not an issue! heehee....:evil: I am so looking forward to this project. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!:clap: :clap:

Jakeally
05-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Okey Dokey.....thanks Steph:D
It is exciting isn't it.

Kalibabe
05-24-2003, 03:36 AM
Okies have signed up......

Only question is, does it have to be a painting????

Could it be a small sculpture or something?????

either way, I want in...:D

Painter Snoopy
05-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Kalibabe
Okies have signed up......

Only question is, does it have to be a painting????

Could it be a small sculpture or something?????

either way, I want in...:D

It can be anything! I would personally love to receive a small sculpture! I am glad you are in! Yeah:clap: :clap: The more the merrier! I can't wait to see what comes from this one. Any medium goes! Even jewelry! I might send out a necklace or something myself.:angel:

sundiver
05-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Do they have to be painted specifically for this project?
I have a stack of 5x7 pastel paintings I've been doing for the weekly projects in the pastel forum. We were talking about exchanging them but that part never really got off the ground...

Painter Snoopy
05-25-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by sundiver
Do they have to be painted specifically for this project?
I have a stack of 5x7 pastel paintings I've been doing for the weekly projects in the pastel forum. We were talking about exchanging them but that part never really got off the ground...
Hi there! This project is to help us to get off of our creative rear ends! LOL:D It can be any medium, size, shape. You name it! You can even do a small sculpture or jewelry! Go for it. Get creative and do something really fun! Hope you join up!:)

sundiver
05-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Painter Snoopy

Hi there! This project is to help us to get off of our creative rear ends! LOL:D It can be any medium, size, shape. You name it! You can even do a small sculpture or jewelry! Go for it. Get creative and do something really fun! Hope you join up!:)

I take it that means "no".
The weekly pastel projects have pretty much the same purpose btw.

Painter Snoopy
05-25-2003, 03:24 PM
That didn't mean no at all!!:D :D Cone on in! Bring friends with you!LOL This is my first shot at leading a project. Help!:rolleyes:

sundiver
05-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Sure, ok, I'd like to, if it's all right and I can use those paintings (because I don't have time otherwise right now), but it's YOUR project, and if you want the art to be created specifically for this project, that's cool too. Projects aren't democracies, and you can pretty much set any perameters you want . Anyone who doesn't want to work within them can find or start another project.

lisilk
05-28-2003, 05:31 AM
This sounds like a great idea Steph. Sorry to say that I won't have time until later in the summer so can't participate but you know I am all about trying to step out of the comfort zone and challenging oneself to try new mediums. I'm sure you will all have fun. Hope you don't mind if I peak in occasionally.

Li

Painter Snoopy
05-28-2003, 09:20 AM
I am glad you stopped in Li. I wish you could play too. You are soooo creative! Darn! It is only five on this one you know. Come on play too. heehee:evil: I know you have shows to do which is very cool! Let me know how things go.

Lamb43
05-29-2003, 11:52 PM
You said the magic words:
any medium
any size
any shape
jewelry
sculpture
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That caught my interest, especially since I've been exploring new techniques and uses for my polymer clay addiction. And I'm so lucky, tomorrow is my clay play day, so I can spend the whole day working on this project:D

I can hardly wait for the morning to get started!

lisilk
05-30-2003, 05:00 AM
Couldn't stand it ! I am joining in spite of my schedule ( and my "rational brain.") Can you stick me at the end of the list when you start handing out our exchange partners ? ....Hoping to buy some time. I want to try as many new mediums as possible !

Thanks,

Li

Kalibabe
05-30-2003, 05:21 AM
I know i am probably being really anal about this:D

BUT...

We produce our 5 pieces... we don't post ANY pictures of them at all....

So, when we have finished, do we let you know snoopy?????????

Then, you give us the list of who to pass them to...

THEN we put up the pictures????

Is that right or not?????

I just wanna get going here:D am all excitable and irritating....

Like a small child...:D :D :D :D :D

Painter Snoopy
05-30-2003, 09:51 AM
I am so excited that you all are joining and starting to make wonderful things! I wish we had all of our entries so that I could send out all of the names! This is going to be so great! You know I thought about it and if we don't put the name of who the gift is going to I guess we can go ahead and post what we are making. It will still be a surprise to the receivers. So if you want to you can post them as you make them. Maybe I should have just made it less people? Hmmmm I will think about it. Is anybody in a hurry to send out our goodies? Is it ok to make stuff and post them then mail them out after everyone is signed on? This is my first project!:rolleyes: I can't wait to see what everyone is making and painting. I am going to play with some polymer clay too! heehee!:D
Marjorie and Li, glad you joined in too! Yeah!!:clap: :clap:
Kali, I hope that I made any sense at all!LOL Isn't this great!!

Jakeally
05-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Steph..... its your project.... you get to make the rules:D
I am happy whichever way you decide:D

Just a thought though...... If people are going to make sculptures and glass beads keep in mind the postage costs and keep them small:eek: :D

Painter Snoopy
05-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Very good point Chris. Thanks!

Lamb43
05-30-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm in no real hurry to send out my goodies as I'm trying out new techniques AND mediums. I'd rather take the time to do it right then try to rush and risk sending something I would not feel was my best efforts.

And just a hint, I do have some sculpture and jewelry planned, but I love doing miniatures. I've done a couple polymer clay swaps before, so I have an idea of postage costs, too. If anyone else is thinking of trying polymer clay, and have any questions, I'd be glad to help :)

I love these art projects! Each one I participate in is as much, if not more fun, than the last!

Painter Snoopy
05-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Lamb43
I'm in no real hurry to send out my goodies as I'm trying out new techniques AND mediums. I'd rather take the time to do it right then try to rush and risk sending something I would not feel was my best efforts.

And just a hint, I do have some sculpture and jewelry planned, but I love doing miniatures. I've done a couple polymer clay swaps before, so I have an idea of postage costs, too. If anyone else is thinking of trying polymer clay, and have any questions, I'd be glad to help :)

I love these art projects! Each one I participate in is as much, if not more fun, than the last!

Great! I would love some idea as to cost for shipping some of the polymer stuff. That would be a large help. I can't wait to see what you come up with too!:clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
06-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Okay Steph, I'm in. As long as everyone is patient with me since for the next few weeks I'm packing and for the next few weeks after that, I'm unpacking. By the way, does anyone know anything about satellite internet? There is no DSL in the woods:confused:

Painter Snoopy
06-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Yeah! Glad to have you Mikki! I know that Earthlink has some satellite connection. Not sure about it though.Earthlink Satellite (https://register.earthlink.net/cgi-bin/wsisa.dll/broadband/satellite/satellite.html)

This page should tell you something about it. Hope it helps.:D

lisilk
06-12-2003, 03:57 AM
Mikki,

Best of luck with the move. Where in the woods are you moving ?

I will not be starting my pieces for a while either because of shows. I was counting on this not filling up completely for a little while longer ! LOL.

Li

Mikki Petersen
06-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Li,

We are buying property in the woods behind Placerville in El Dorado County, CA. A gorgeous wooded three acres that back onto the National Forest and a mile from the middle fork of the American River. Lots of great scenery for painting!

Painter Snoopy
06-12-2003, 08:32 AM
I was worried that this wasn't filling up fast enough but I guess it is ok. We need to recruit more people but I don't know where to even begin. I am glad that it is actually helping some of us to fill up slowly!LOL Maybe I shouldn't worry about it? It is my first attempt at a project and I would hate for it not to fill up. I am so glad that you all have joined. It is going to be cool.

Jakeally
06-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Don't worry Steph....I am sure it will fill up eventually.
I think the summertime is a bit difficult for people....so much else demands your attention:D
I don't mind at all....it's giving me time to get my pictures done slowly.;)

Mikki Petersen
06-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Hey, Steph. I just posted a plea for members in the Pastel Forum. How about if we all post in our favorite forums to be sure people are aware of this project?

Painter Snoopy
06-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Thanks Mikki! That is a wonderful idea!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
06-12-2003, 06:44 PM
I have already tried in my forum Steph....if we don't get any response I will try again:evil: :evil: :D
Hey! Mikki....that sounds like a wonderful place:D

lisilk
06-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Ditto- Mikki and Chris. I posted a notice in Mixed Media Stephanie. Hopefully we will fill up.

Painter Snoopy
06-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks all of you! You are wonderful! We will fill up no problem!:D

Birdie
06-13-2003, 01:40 PM
This sounds so fun.....I sure hope we get a lot of time to complete this....;) I am always too busy just ask my husband:D :evil: but I like the idea of the personal exchange...
this could keep me painting....I seem to find less and less time for my art..

Birdie:rolleyes:

Jakeally
06-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Hiya Birdie.....so glad you are going to join us:D should be lots of fun

Mikki Petersen
06-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Way to go Birdie! So glad you will be sharing the fun with us.

Painter Snoopy
06-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Hi Birdie! Welcome to the project! This is going to be great fun. Glad to have you here.

Birdie
06-15-2003, 11:33 PM
thank you all for the warm welcome to the project...I am home from camping and needing to re-read the project and get started....I also need to go and see how many more have joined...:) to see how soon I will get my list...

Craig Houghton
06-16-2003, 10:27 AM
I picked up on this project from the post in the pastels forum, but I just wanted to drop in over here in the Corner and say Hi. I'm excited about the swap and eagerly looking forward to having the member list fill up.

So, Hey everyone, I'm glad to be on board.

-Craig

Mikki Petersen
06-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Hey Craig, so glad you joined us. Now grab a few buddies and drag them in so we can start swapping. I got such neat work from the postcard exchange and this will not be wuite as much work as doing 29 pieces!

Painter Snoopy
06-16-2003, 03:36 PM
We're getting there folks! We have fourteen members. All we need is nine more. Yeah!:clap: :clap:

Jakeally
06-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Hey....Craig....So good to have you on board:D

Don't worry Steph..... we will get a full quota:D .....Please don't rush......I am having lots of oh! dear! another one for the rubbish bin at the moment:D ...I need more time:D :rolleyes: :D

lisilk
06-16-2003, 08:09 PM
I won't even be starting for a couple of weeks or more...the project filling up slowly is fine by me !

I want to try some sculptural things, which I've never done before except with a plasma cutter. I have no idea ( as usual ) how to even begin. It will be fun learning !

Welcome Craig and Birdie, ( two more people I get to meet through this project.)

Li

Kalibabe
06-17-2003, 01:53 AM
Hi.... I have 2 completed pieces for this, that I would love to post up.

Problem is, the uploader isn't working for me...

look in site discussions for the thread:evil: , it's affecting quite a few people....

soooooooooooooo, i have these absolutely stunning pieces:D :D :D :D :D

(well, I can say what I like, you can't see them!!!:D :D :D )
That i can't post up!!!!

It's a real pain actually, I am losing heart... not much point if i can't put any piccies up:confused:

Anyways....

any chance I can email them to somebody then, they can post them up??????

Pretty please?:D

Kalibabe
06-18-2003, 03:17 AM
Hi, as i still can't use the uploader, can't put these in the project bit, but can use the attachments in threads... so, here's a link to some runes i did for this project

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114256

Kalibabe
06-18-2003, 03:22 AM
again a link to a map i did for this project, somebody else had to post these piccies for me.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113602

Jakeally
06-18-2003, 05:43 AM
Absolutely stunning work Kali..... I love the leaf painting and the suede bag :clap: :clap: :clap:

Steph....have I missed some info....I thought we were waiting until the recipient received their gift before posting:confused: :D

Painter Snoopy
06-18-2003, 07:40 AM
It started out that we would have to wait then I figured out that since nobody would know who was getting what we could go ahead and post up our stuff when we finish them. It will still be a surprise to whoever receives them. No sweat! I wrote a post on that somewhere in the beginning. I am new at this and changed some stuff!LOL:rolleyes: That way we can be posting our pictures and enjoying the project while we what to fill up.

Painter Snoopy
06-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Wow! These are really great! Are you going to send instructions on how to use them? I love the color that you used. Did you make the bag too? Way to start off our project!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1293084

Painter Snoopy
06-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23159

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_Kalibaberunes.jpg

Kali, I changed it from a bmp to a jpg image file. It loaded right away! Yeah! Do you want to try to load the rest? If it still doesn't work for you I will take care of it ok? TADA!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kalibabe
06-18-2003, 11:30 AM
My problem is with the uploader I think... still not working... as for jpegs and bmp.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeee, that's the sound of it going over my head:D :D :D

A bit thick when it comes tyo techie stuff LMAO...

The suede bag I made, yes. I painted the stones with about 6 or 7 layers of 2 different metallic acrylics, peacock and sapphire, the last coat being a mixture of the 2. It gives them a depth.

If the person who will recieve them in the end wants to know how to use them, of course I will send some instructions:D

I ahve ALWAYS wanted to make some runes, but have never had the inclination to scry using them... so, a great opportunity to do something i always wanted to... and hopefully somebody will get some use out of them.

:D

Mikki Petersen
06-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23159

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_Kalibaberunes.jpg

These are just beautiful. I love the sheen to them.

Kalibabe
06-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Here's a map i made for this project, painted on a leaf with acrylics. the runes DO mean something:D

Kalibabe
06-18-2003, 12:50 PM
this is another image I had

Kalibabe
06-18-2003, 12:51 PM
and this is the last one...

I do use a lot of metallic acrylics, I just love em..

Jakeally
06-18-2003, 01:22 PM
Kali..... When you are saving files on your computer....in the box that comes up, check out the save as features. You should have the facility to save as a jpeg.
Give your file a name and then click on the arrow in the save as box and scroll to the save as jpeg.....click on it and then click on save. Hope this hasn't confused you more:D

Jakeally
06-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Hehehehehe....that'l teach me to check the forum first. I see you managed without any advice from me:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lamb43
06-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23175

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_WCEXPURHor005.jpg

Oh goody goody! Since we're starting to post our projects for the exchange, here's my first one. It's a polymer clay Inro and Netsuke. I tried to make the Inro look 'icey' and 'wavey' to go with the matching baby seal Netsuke. I really like this and am tempted to keep it for myself, so I thought I'd better post it before the temptation grew too strong for me to resist.:evil:

Here's a close-up of the baby seal Netsuke

Birdie
06-18-2003, 03:49 PM
these are looking good...I better get busy I am glad we are posting before sending.......I still dont' know what i am going to do..............

Birdie:D

Painter Snoopy
06-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23175

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_WCEXPURHor005.jpg

This is so cool! What is an Inro and a Netsuke? I can see I am going to learn a whole lot in this project!

Painter Snoopy
06-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Here's a map i made for this project, painted on a leaf with acrylics. the runes DO mean something:D
What kind of leaf is this?? It is huge looking. What do the runes mean? Great work here!

Lamb43
06-18-2003, 04:02 PM

This is so cool! What is an Inro and a Netsuke? I can see I am going to learn a whole lot in this project!

An Inro is a small "pocket" or purse designed to be worn with kimono's, which traditionally have no pockets. The beaded silk cords were slid under the obi (sash) and the Netsuke acted as a counterweight. Netsuke's are miniature sculptures, of animals, gods, or mythological creatures. They have to be small enough to hold in the palm of your hand, and all have a hole running through them, enabling them to be strung on the silken cords.

Or at least, thats how I interpret it:D

Painter Snoopy
06-18-2003, 05:02 PM
What a great explanation! Thank you. Very cool!! Someone is going to be very lucky indeed! It is so funny! I want both the runes and the Inro! It is a good thing that I am going to put everyone's names in a bowl and randomly pick each persons five people from it or I would be tempted to pick and choose!LOL:evil: But I am a good little Snoopy!:angel: LMAO:D

Jakeally
06-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Awwwwwwww....Lamb.....your seal is just adorable and I am learning so much from you......thank you:D

Hehehehehe....Steph.....I know just how you feel......I want them all....Whaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Mikki Petersen
06-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Lamb, your work is wonderful. I loved the explanation of the inro and netsuki. Wonderful little seal pup.

Jakeally
06-19-2003, 05:21 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23183

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/4535/tn_Kingfisher.jpg

This is my first entry....journeying into the wonderful world of ink and watercolour. I really enjoyed trying this

Jakeally
06-19-2003, 05:25 AM

This looks so interesting Lamb:cat:

Jakeally
06-19-2003, 05:28 AM

Just beautiful and so unusual:clap: :clap:

Lamb43
06-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23183

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/4535/tn_Kingfisher.jpg

This is so beautiful, Chris! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I want this, I want this, I want this!!

:evil: Hmmm.... I wonder if our Lovely and Kind Painter Snoopy is corruptable..... Hmmm.... Mmwuh ha ha....

:evil:

Oops! <shoving the wicked Lamb side down> :angel: Sorry about that! I have her under control again:angel:

Painter Snoopy
06-19-2003, 09:33 AM

This is sooo gorgeous!!!! I love it! Beautiful colors. Bad lamb! The names will be put into a big bowl. MY HUSBAND will randomly pick five names out for each person. I don't even trust myself to do that!!LOL:evil: This is just too much fun! Get more people! We need more people!!LOL:D

Birdie
06-22-2003, 09:00 PM
I was working on a scrachboard for this project....and I finished it..but I was asked to be in an art show next saturday sooooooooo I framed it and have decided to put it in the show...if it doesn't sell I will put it back in this project...is that really bad of me? I am wanting to post it but if it sells than if wouldn't be fair..:(

So torn...............

Painter Snoopy
06-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Birdie, by all means put it in the show! You can post it to the Progress page then if it doesn't sell you can move it to the finished page. What do you think? I would love to see it. I have been busy today! I got polymer clay and made a keychain and pen for each of my five people! Talk about expanding! I got on the net and did major research for days and made 'canes' by the bunches then finally put it all together today. I'll post up all of my goodies tomorrow! Good night all.

Birdie
06-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23279

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/progress/10039/tn_Dsc00171sm.jpg

Ok here it is.....I kinda hope it doesn't sell.. then I will only have 4 more to go...:D

orchid black
06-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Do you need any more people for this project? I'm VERY interested, but have never done anything like this, and don't really know if I could make anything worth posting on here!!! Everything I've seen so far is awesome!

I want to join, but I think I should wait until the next one.....

How much time do we have on this? You probably have stated it somewhere on here, but I seem to have gone info-blind.

Sorry.... I'll stop rambling now.:o :rolleyes:

Jakeally
06-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Oh! Please join us orchid. These exchanges are such fun. You get the chance to receive wonderful art from all over the world and you find yourself improving in your painting.
We are all at different stages in our learning and we all started slowly and tentatively. Anything you do will be treasured by the recipient because you did it.
Go on.....give it a go..... I am sure you will enjoy it:D

Oooops....nearly forgot.... We are waiting for more people to join the project and then Steph will email us the addresses and away we go.
I have done two entries and I'm working on my third but there is no time limit (hope I'm right there Steph:D )

Jakeally
06-23-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Birdie
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23279

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/progress/10039/tn_Dsc00171sm.jpg

Ok here it is.....I kinda hope it doesn't sell.. then I will only have 4 more to go...:D

Birdie:rolleyes: Its just beautiful Birdie. I'm torn too...I want you to sell it for you but secretly hope you can put it in the project:D :clap: :clap:

lisilk
06-23-2003, 05:31 AM
I couldn't agree more with Jakealley/ Chris. I joined the last postcard exchange after only joining Wetcanvas one month. I was very intimidated by the talent here but very quickly learned that this experience is about learning and sharing. Can't tell you what a thrill it is to receive a piece of original art from someone half way around the world, who is at once a stranger and a friend.

Never compare your work to other's. We are all on a learning journey that will last the rest of our lives.

I am planning....as per the idea of this project, on doing a completely new medium. I am sure some of my entries will be pretty funky...just like life. Just jump in and enjoy !

I am NOT however looking at any of the already posted finished works only because I want them all to be a surprise when we start receiving them. That's just a personal preference of mine.

Cheers,

Li

Painter Snoopy
06-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23279

Wow! This is awesome! Can you describe what scratchboard is for the likes of me that know absolutely nothing about it? It is gorgeous!!!!!:clap: :clap: Even if it sells I am glad to be able to see it!

Painter Snoopy
06-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by orchid black
Do you need any more people for this project? I'm VERY interested, but have never done anything like this, and don't really know if I could make anything worth posting on here!!! Everything I've seen so far is awesome!

I want to join, but I think I should wait until the next one.....

How much time do we have on this? You probably have stated it somewhere on here, but I seem to have gone info-blind.

Sorry.... I'll stop rambling now.:o :rolleyes:
Oh yeh! We need more people for sure! :D Come on in the waters fine! Actually when I joined the last exchange I felt just as you do now but I had a blast. Had to start another one cause it was so much fun. You will love it. I am working with polymer clay for the first time and am turning out some pretty strange stuff here!ROFLMAO!!! I'm working on it though. Oh Li, it will still be a surprise cause nobody knows who is getting their names and which item they will be receiving. That's why I went ahead and had everyone post up their stuff. We just don't tell anybody who's names we get! heehee! Still a surprise that way! I know, I like to have my cake and eat it too!LOL Don't wait for the next one Orchid Black join us! You will be ever so glad that you did. And right, no time limit here.

P.S. Don't forget to PM me your snail mail addresses everyone! Thanks!

Birdie
06-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23279

Wow! This is awesome! Can you describe what scratchboard is for the likes of me that know absolutely nothing about it? It is gorgeous!!!!!:clap: :clap: Even if it sells I am glad to be able to see it!

I am new to doing them but... the wild life fourm has some wonderful artist that post there like "Myorca" for just one. I use clayboard that has india ink on top you can buy it that way. Than you take any thing with a sharp tip and scrach out the highlights to make the picture...you can do a search here and see others work and maybe get a better detail of how it is done.
I just love doing them it is like drawing......

Thank you for your wonderful comments all.....

And Orchid please join the fun........... can't wait to see what everyone comes up with........

orchid black
06-23-2003, 10:26 AM
OK, now I've done it.... I have some commissions I'm working on in between my day job, so it will be a couple of weeks before I can get to this. But I'm excited! Gotta go for now... my job's calling me!

Painter Snoopy
06-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23287

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_flower.jpg

Ok! All of my five people get a keychain and a pen! TaDa!! I had to go ahead and make all of my goodies as I have a couple of portrait commissions to kick in on. Work! yeah! Hope these are good enough! Also I learned which pens to use and not to use! Do not use the clear Bic pens! You will have to do your work over again as they both shrink and puff up. Like this: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jun-2003/19075-oops.JPG
You should have seen the clay that was around that pen!LOL
I used white Bic pens and one White Papermate. To refill them all you have to do is get a 10 pack of disposable Bic pens for 98 cents. The one will have to be a pack of disposable Papermates instead though. :D
You just take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the ink cartridge out of the disposable and put it in your nifty Sculpy pen! I figured that out cause you have to pull out the cartridge to bake them. I can't wait to see who I send these to. We have 17 people now! Yeah! Welcome Orchid Black and Smudger!

Painter Snoopy
06-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info Birdie. I will have to get over to that forum and check it out!:)

Jakeally
06-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Steph.... they are lovely and so different....I am sure whoever receives one will be thrilled:D
I cannot believe how much that pen shrunk (shrank????) it's amazing.....but Lol... I haven't a clue what you are talking about.....why would you want to bake a cartridge.....does not compute....hehehehehehe and what the heck is a sculpy pen....ROTFLMAO:D :D

Painter Snoopy
06-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Jakeally
Steph.... they are lovely and so different....I am sure whoever receives one will be thrilled:D
I cannot believe how much that pen shrunk (shrank????) it's amazing.....but Lol... I haven't a clue what you are talking about.....why would you want to bake a cartridge.....does not compute....hehehehehehe and what the heck is a sculpy pen....ROTFLMAO:D :D
You're killin' me here! You don't bake the cartridge! You take it out so that you can bake the other part. I made all of these with Sculpy, a polymer clay. So I just called them Sculpy pens!LOL:evil: :D

Jakeally
06-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Oh! Steph ....this is so funny....I still don't have a clue what you mean.....you don't bake the cartridge but you bake the other part....right... so you bake the plastic container that usually contains the ink cartridge. OK....why do you do this and where does the polymer clay come into the equasion...do you cover the pen case with the clay and then bake it:confused: :confused:
Sorry to be so thick but I haven't come across anything like this before:D

Painter Snoopy
06-23-2003, 09:16 PM
This is sooo funny! I haven't done this before either so don't feel bad!LOL Yes, you take the clay and make designs with it and squish it onto the pen casing then you bake it for 15 minutes at 275 degrees. This makes it hard and basically permenant(sp?). It is actually pretty cool. I had to do a lot of research on the web before I even picked up a piece of clay. Sorry if it is unclear. Hope this helped!:D

Painter Snoopy
06-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Here is the page that I learned from.
http://www.thepolyparrot.com/pens2.html

Jakeally
06-24-2003, 07:57 AM
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! Now I get it.:D :D :D

Thanks Steph....that looks very interesting. I don't know if we can get polymer clay here but I'll certainly look out for it now.:cat:

Lamb43
06-24-2003, 08:54 AM
As someone who works with polymer clay everyday, I have to say you did a fabulous job on the Sculpey pens and keychains, Steph!:clap: :clap: I really like your canework, and the colors you chose are wonderful! Great job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Painter Snoopy
06-24-2003, 09:35 AM
Lamb, thank you very much. I am so clueless about this stuff but I figured that was a great way to expand!LOL I learned a whole lot! I like the pens. The keychains are a little big so they may end up as ornaments or something.:D I can see where this could be addictive!
Chris, if you can't find any around there I can ship you some, no problem! It is really cheap too.

Mikki Petersen
06-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23287

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_flower.jpg

Wow Steph! This is a great idea! I was at an art show over the weekend. One exhibitor had pins, earring and necklaces done from canework. They were so astonishing and intricately detailed. She had stilllifes, landscapes and surreal stuff, too. Your stuff is right up there!

Mikki Petersen
06-24-2003, 10:04 PM

Wow! Birdie this is just gorgeous! I haven't done any scratchboard since high school and it certainly was not this dramatic then. This will surely sell! I cannot pass up a painting of an egret or heron. I think they are so graceful. And I've never seen a picture of a nestling. Bravo!

Jakeally
06-25-2003, 06:43 AM
Chris, if you can't find any around there I can ship you some, no problem! It is really cheap too.
Thanks for your kind offer Steph. For the moment I am swamped with things I want to do:D I think it would be divorce papers if I suggested buying anything else at the moment:rolleyes: :D
But I'll keep it in mind for the future:cat:

Jakeally
06-25-2003, 06:48 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23291

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_red.jpg

Beautiful colours here Steph but I love them all:clap: :clap:

Kalibabe
06-29-2003, 03:17 AM
I still cannot get the uploader to work, so apologies for posting my picture direct to the thread again.

I cannot put the piccies in the projecct part either

here's the bracelet anyways..

Jakeally
06-29-2003, 03:55 AM
Your bracelet is very beautiful Kalibabe:clap: :clap:
If you would like to PM me with details of exactly what problems you are experiencing with the uploader I might be able help or talk you through the process. No promises but it might be worth a go:D :cat:

Jakeally
06-29-2003, 04:04 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23426

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_EN_Spring_in_ParadiseSz.jpg

Hiya Sassy.....so glad you joined the project :D and your first entry is great. I've said it before but I'll say it again..I find these encaustic pictures so fascinating and your titles are always so imaginative
:clap: :clap:

Painter Snoopy
06-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23426

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_EN_Spring_in_ParadiseSz.jpg

Dude this is awesome!!! This is a great encaustic! Wow!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Painter Snoopy
06-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Kalibabe, I am sorry that you are having trouble with the uploader. I hope that you get it worked out soon. I love the bracelet! Great work!

sassybird
06-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Bad news about "Spring in Paridise. Dave snuck out of the house this morning and took some of the pieces for a friend to see, and he sold this one, so I guess you could say it is good news for me, but bad news for the exchange. Well, I will be doing more, and better than this one anyway since I am learning the meidum now.

I'm sorry folks. I'm going to delete this one from the project.

sassybird
06-29-2003, 02:42 PM

Look deep in my eyes and listen to what I say. Charissa, Charissa, Charissa needs these:D I used to work with runes a lot, then my set was stolen. Bad bad karma for whoever did it. These are really lovely.

sassybird
06-29-2003, 02:46 PM

This is too cool, no pun intended:D You flying pig is my favorite by far though. What can I say I love pigs.........lol

sassybird
06-29-2003, 02:48 PM

This is lovely, Chris, but you know how I love your birds:D I like the added color, and I think you are really finding your medium:)

sassybird
06-29-2003, 02:51 PM

I love how you did those branches, and the pose of the bird is perfecto:D

sassybird
06-29-2003, 02:55 PM

Reminds me of the 60's:D These are really cool. If I didn't have a stores worth of supplies I would give this a try, but hubby would turn red in the face if I decided I was going to try yet another medium.........lol This Sculpty looks like a lot of fun to work with.

sassybird
06-29-2003, 02:59 PM
I still cannot get the uploader to work, so apologies for posting my picture direct to the thread again.

I cannot put the piccies in the projecct part either

here's the bracelet anyways..

This is lovely. I no longer wear bracelets due to working in acids and other toxic materials. I had a ring eaten once......lol Glad it was only a cheap silver one. This bracelet has such interesting stones in it, and I like the other additions too. Just something I would be drawn to in a jewelry store:D Who ever gets this is going to be a very lucky person indeed!

sassybird
06-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23291

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_red.jpg

I really like this. The key chain reminds me of a doggie bone, and I think my doggie would like it as much as I do.........lol Your colors are great! I love color, color and more color:D

Jakeally
06-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by sassybird
Bad news about "Spring in Paridise. Dave snuck out of the house this morning and took some of the pieces for a friend to see, and he sold this one, so I guess you could say it is good news for me, but bad news for the exchange. Well, I will be doing more, and better than this one anyway since I am learning the meidum now.

I'm sorry folks. I'm going to delete this one from the project. Yaaaaaaay....don't worry Sasssy...Dave did good:D
C'mon.... get that iron out again.....the next one's will be even better:D

Painter Snoopy
06-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23438

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_EN_Warp_.jpg

It is great that you sold one! Yeah! All of these are great so I wouldn't worry about it at all. I love your encaustics. You are so talented!:clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
06-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23438

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_EN_Warp_.jpg

Great work, Sassy! Aren't encaustics a fascinating medium? I got introduced to them for the first time in the Post Card Project #4 and just love playing with all the effects.

Kalibabe
06-30-2003, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the kind words about my stuff all:D

Everything is looking so great in this project.

I can't wait until it's all done and dusted so that we can get swapping... I am impatient as anything!!!!!!

Sassybird, I love your encaustics. They are so beautiful!

It's all just brilliant!!

Yyyyaaayyyyyyyaaa...

2 more pieces to do. have an idea of one, that I shall try to get done tonight

Painter Snoopy
06-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23448

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/4535/tn_Lorakeets.jpg

This is fabulous Chris!!! I know what you mean about the acrylics. They do dry fast. I love your pen and ink work. It is hard to believe you are so new to it. You are a born ink artist I tell ya!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Painter Snoopy
06-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23195

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/4535/tn_Baltimore_Oriole.jpg

You are too talented for words! I love it!!!!!

Painter Snoopy
06-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23450

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/4535/tn_Magpie.jpg

I don't know how you do it! How are you so good at all of these different media? Have you thought of illustrating books? Or do you already? If not you sure should. You are phenomenal!!

Jakeally
06-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much Steph....So glad you like them. I am just doing my last one and I have had so much fun with these. In fact I have shocked myself:D The main reason being I haven't actually had to start over with any of them...keeping fingers crossed for the last one.... and that is a big improvement for me:D

Mikki Petersen
06-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23450

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/4535/tn_Magpie.jpg

OK, you've outdone yourself here. The irridescence on the wings is so lifelike I can hear the song! What a terrific series of birds you've done.

Jakeally
06-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Thank you so much Mikki:D

Kalibabe
07-01-2003, 01:42 AM
thia is a book, about A5 size. It has a 'cloth' cover.

I painted the cover of it. thought it could be a journal or something!

DanaT
07-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey Painter Snoopy!

Great idea for a project. Is it too late to jump in?

Painter Snoopy
07-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DanaT
Hey Painter Snoopy!

Great idea for a project. Is it too late to jump in?
Hi Dana! Come on in!!! As a matter of fact we still need about eight more people to fill out the project so bring a hoard of people with you.LOL:D We have seventeen and need twenty-five. We are having a blast making goodies to send out too. Each person just makes five and gets five in return. Very fun!!:clap: :clap:

DanaT
07-02-2003, 03:52 PM
OK, I'll invite the Celestine crowd. That's the Creativity group reading and chatting about the Celestine Prophecy book this summer. I think some of them would get a kick out of it.

Jakeally
07-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Kalibabe....Your book is just fabulous and it will make a super gift:clap: :clap:

Jakeally
07-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23451

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/20606/tn_pouch.jpg

This is very nice.....I love the feathers:clap: :clap:

sassybird
07-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23451

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/20606/tn_pouch.jpg

Oh this is very nice, Calibabe. I like to see diversity in work. You really ought to start posting in mixed/alternative on a regular basis:) Your work is fantastic!

sassybird
07-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23448

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/4535/tn_Lorakeets.jpg

Your series of birds are wonderful, and it has been so much fun to see each new one. I think that they ought to be in a bird watchers book:) I know animal is really into bird watching. If he hasn't seen your work I will certainly direct him in the right direction!

This one in particular I find appealing. Maybe it is the color, maybe just the birds themselves and how they are posed in that cuddle position, but it is really an eye catcher.

sassybird
07-05-2003, 11:26 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23289

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_pallete.jpg

This set is adorable:) I have a watch that looks like a palette, and I get a lot of comments on it. I really love the colors you are using on all of these sets. You know me and color.......lol I am going to have to try some of that sculpty medium. It looks like a lot of fun to work in.

sassybird
07-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23173

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_WCEXPURHor001.jpg

I am really going to have to give this medium a try. All I have seen is beautiful little gems with personality:) Now when are you going to do another pig?.....lol

sassybird
07-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23452

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/20606/tn_map1.jpg

These little maps are very interesting. I am curious about what kind of leaves you are using, and if you are sealing them after you paint the leaves. I can see these framed in a rustic frame of old barn wood. That would set them off nicely:)

Painter Snoopy
07-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by sassybird
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23289

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_pallete.jpg

This set is adorable:) I have a watch that looks like a palette, and I get a lot of comments on it. I really love the colors you are using on all of these sets. You know me and color.......lol I am going to have to try some of that sculpty medium. It looks like a lot of fun to work in.
Thank you so much! You would have a bast with this stuff. It is sooo fun to work with. I love it. It is very relaxing to me after painting on a portrait or something. It is very reasonable too. Check it out.

Kalibabe
07-06-2003, 04:05 AM
I just cannot wait for everybody to be finished so that we can get on with the swapping stuff:D :D

Everything has been FAB!!!!!!!

Kalibabe
07-06-2003, 04:40 AM
This is my final one for this project, my fifth one!!!!

Acrylics painted onto a mother of pearl...

Painter Snoopy
07-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Well folks I need some feedback here. We have not filled up and it has been a while. We have 17 members. How do we decided to split up the names for the swapping? And what do I do if we figure something out and then somebody else joins up later? Who will swap with them? I am really confused here. I didn't think that filling up would be a problem. The numbers don't add up with seventeen.:confused: Does anyone have any ideas to help me out here? I am working on some thoughts but haven't figured it out yet. Let me know if you come up with anything ok? Help!:(

Painter Snoopy
07-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23578

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_EN_Shield_BrotherSz.jpg

I really like this one! Very cool looking!! I like the variety in textures that you have here. Great work!:clap:

Painter Snoopy
07-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23547

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_Cupid%27sQuillSz.jpg

What an appropriate name. I love the 'feather' look that you achieved.

Painter Snoopy
07-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23581

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/20606/tn_shell.jpg

This is cool! You have a great body of work for this project!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kalibabe
07-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Ok, don't even THINK to ask me about the maths......

But, what if some of us are willing / want to do more pieces?????

Would that work to sort of make up the numbers in some way?

:confused:

As I said, don't even THINK to ask me to work out numbers, my brain just doesn't work that way!!!!!

Personally, I'd be happy to produce more pieces...

The only proviso is....

I don't want to have to send myself one of my own pieces:D :D :D :D :D

Kalibabe
07-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23578

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_EN_Shield_BrotherSz.jpg

I WANT THIS I WANT THIS I WANT THIS I WANT THIS

Jakeally
07-06-2003, 10:40 AM
I honestly don't know what you can do Steph:confused: :confused:
I suppose you could go ahead with 15 members to start with. I don't mind waiting for more people....and I don't mind doing more pictures if it helps.
I am still at a loss as to how you are going to work all this out ( I'm sure you will do a brilliant job) but I do think you should start something before people begin to loose interest:( :D At least get some addresses out to some people. I think that's all you can do;) :cat:

Painter Snoopy
07-06-2003, 10:46 AM
Thanks folks for the input. I will have names out to people by this evening. I'll figure it out. Thanks for being willing to take up any slack on maybe making a couple of extra to make sure everyone gets the same amount. We can do this, no problem!LOL:evil:

M.A.
07-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Very excited to get my list of names tonight, Steph. Thanks so much. This is a terrific project ... can see that people are all geared up and ready to go ... lovely assortment of art already being produced. Well, I've gotta go put on my workboots and get at it! Thanks again!!!!

Painter Snoopy
07-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Ok... here is what I did. We ended up with 16 people as one of us has been ill and had to drop out. This worked out as I just divided the names into fours. Each of us got four names to send goodies to. I dipped them out of a little bowl. So go for it and start sending out your stuff! I am excited to see what else we all come up with.

Birdie
07-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23618

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/10039/tn_Dsc00193sm.jpg

Well I went camping this weekend and painted this for the project.....has anyone been to Lake Wenatchee here in Washingtion?

Birdie
07-08-2003, 12:33 AM

this is wonderful as all your work....I am shamless...I want this...did I mention I have a tatoo of a parrot on my leg and I love birds..just in case you get my name....lol

Birdie
:rolleyes:

Birdie
07-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23547

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_Cupid%27sQuillSz.jpg

very cool I love this......How do you do this?

Birdie
07-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23288

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19075/tn_heart2.jpg

these are sure neat....I think my desk at work needs this pen and of couse my car keys need a new chain lol.....told you all I am shamless....:D :evil: ;)

Birdie
07-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23173

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_WCEXPURHor001.jpg

these are all so sweet......I need to go get some of this clay..

Birdie
07-08-2003, 12:48 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23581

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/20606/tn_shell.jpg

never would have thought to do this....VERY NICE..and so creative...all of your project enteris are....

orchid black
07-08-2003, 03:35 AM
I absolutely LOVE this!!! I collect Japanese artwork and pop culture. I also draw manga and am working towards some anime of my own...

Delete this line then add your comments, but leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!

orchid black
07-08-2003, 03:37 AM
whoops... forgot to "Delete this line then add my comments..."

BTW... have some finished paintings for this project, but can't get my scanner or digital camera to pick them up properly....

Painter Snoopy
07-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by orchid black
whoops... forgot to "Delete this line then add my comments..."

BTW... have some finished paintings for this project, but can't get my scanner or digital camera to pick them up properly....
Bummer dude! If you can't get that to work maybe you can ask your recipients to post them to the thread then you can save them to your computer and post them up. Just a thought. Hope you can get yours to work.:)

Painter Snoopy
07-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23618

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/10039/tn_Dsc00193sm.jpg

What a beautiful place to camp! Great job with pastels en plein aire! You could join the plein aire group that I belong to if you wish. Just PM me if you are interested. I love your reflections!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
07-08-2003, 01:48 PM

Beautiful Birdie...... just stunning reflections:clap: :clap: :clap:

Whisper....Sorry but you are not on my list:crying: :D

Mikki Petersen
07-09-2003, 04:49 PM

This is just beautiful. Wish I were there now....

sassybird
07-10-2003, 12:53 PM
I mailed out all of mine yesterday:) So 4 people will be getting a surprise in the mail over the next week.

Smudger
07-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Just added my 4, a bit of a departure for me... they're digital abstract mosaics! makes a change from pastel landscapes!

Hope you like them, they was fun to do

Painter Snoopy
07-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23673

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19369/tn_Untitled-2.jpg

These are all great! Way to expand your horizons! I found it really interesting the way they look totally different closeup and distant(thumbnail vs normal). Very cool!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

orchid black
07-10-2003, 02:48 PM
I love all of these! This one looks almost like you worked it in metals... very nice.

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23674

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19369/tn_Untitled-3.jpg

Delete this line then add your comments, but leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!

orchid black
07-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Dang... I really need to start deleting the line that says to "Delete this line..." lol!:rolleyes:

lisilk
07-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Yikes !!! You all are fast. There are some very beautiful entries. :clap: :clap: :clap: I haven't had a chance to look through everything yet.

I haven't even had time to start mine. My apologies to the recipients.

Great work everyone !

Li

Jakeally
07-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23675

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19369/tn_Untitled-4.jpg

This is fabulous Smudger......as are all your other entries. Really colourful and different.:clap: :clap:

It's quite exciting not knowing what you are going to receive in the post.....great project Steph.
I posted all mine on Monday so they should be arriving soon:D

Smudger
07-11-2003, 04:06 AM
Thanks everyone i'm glad you liked them:D

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:39 PM

Birdie, this is so striking! Was it fun to do? I mean to try it sometime. You can really get a lot of detail into scratchboard, I notice.

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23447

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/20606/tn_Kalibaberunes.jpg

These are just beautiful, Kalibabe. I love the color.

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:43 PM

This is gorgeous. I love the colors you used and the textures. The design really accentuates the form of the shell.

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:45 PM

All of these encaustics are beautiful, Sass! And I really love this one. A good thing too, because it arrived in my mailbox today! Thank you soooo much. :D :clap:

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:50 PM

These are soooo cute, Steph! i especially like this one because of the "art" theme. Great job, especially since this is your first time with this medium.

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:53 PM

Chris, these are all superb! I love this kingfisher. You really should look into doing professional paintings of birds and flowers for illustration in guides. Your work is sooooo much better than a lot I see. :clap:

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:56 PM

What a wonderful, creative idea, to do an inro/netsuke set out of polymer clay. I love it. You did a wonderful job.

AriadneArts
07-11-2003, 11:58 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23691

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_FinishedRabbit003.jpg

This is a lovely rendition of a rabbit. Perfect in pen and ink. Good job.

AriadneArts
07-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23674

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19369/tn_Untitled-3.jpg

These are great--marvelously fractalicious! :D

AriadneArts
07-12-2003, 12:03 AM

Very pretty. Love the reflections. Was this your first time working with pastels? If so, you've done very well.

AriadneArts
07-12-2003, 12:08 AM

Oh Chris, this one took my breath away!

Jakeally
07-12-2003, 04:02 AM
Thanks for your lovely comments Eileen:D I am just praying that they don't get lost in the post:eek: :D

Jakeally
07-12-2003, 04:07 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23731

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/6306/tn_Khamsa_1a.jpg

This is wonderful Eileen and thankyou for explaining all about it's origins. Really interesting:)

Jakeally
07-12-2003, 04:10 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23690

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_LighthousePlate003.jpg

Oh!....Well done lamb. I've watched this being done in a demonstration and it does not look easy.
Looks like you did a great job:clap: :clap:

Jakeally
07-12-2003, 04:14 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23691

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_FinishedRabbit003.jpg

A perfectly adoreable rabbit. An excellent subject for pen and ink and I think he's just gorgeous:clap: :clap:

lisilk
07-12-2003, 04:49 AM

I think I have raved about most of your pieces in the mixed media forum but I will do it again here. I love that you are not afraid to explore any and evry medium and that you see art in ordinary organic forms. You have created a fantastic collection. :clap: :clap:

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 04:52 AM

Hard to pick a favorite. You know I dig the encaustics ! These are all great but I think the colors in this are my favorite. All very lovely !:clap:

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 04:55 AM

Well, you know how I feel about your recent work. Each one blows me away. You have found your passion with these illustrations. They are exquisite ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 04:58 AM

Steph, you look like you had so much fun with these. It was a very clever idea and you did a great job with the cane work. Thanks so much for coming up with this project ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
07-12-2003, 05:01 AM

I love all of the sculptural pieces that you do ( esp. in the fantasy forum ) but I love that you are moving outside your comfort zone ( the idea of the project after all ! ) This guy is just a sweetie and very nice pen and ink work. Love the plate etching as well. It is harder than it looks.

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 05:03 AM

YAWZAAA ! These are cool. I have no clue how to do them but they are very cool !:clap: :clap:

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 05:05 AM

Just lovely and wonderful reflection . Are you new to pastels ? Very well done.:cat:

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 05:08 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23731

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/6306/tn_Khamsa_1a.jpg

Great mix of mediums Eileen and pretty too ! Thanks for sharing the history as well. I love that your work is always based on your cultural experiences. :clap: :clap:

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23745

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/17813/tn_Expand1.JPG

Okay, here is my first attempt. I am still working on the painting part. As you can tell, I am going SLOW with this project !

Lamb43
07-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23749

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_BugsNBloomsSet.jpg

Yayy- This is my final entry for the exchange. I've had so much fun, and learned more than I thought I would by participating in this exchange. Thank you Painter Snoopy, for coming up with the idea and the challenge!

We're in the process of sorting and packing here for our move, so if I'm quiet, you'll all know why. I'll check in when ever I can. My entries are all going out in the mail today, so watch your mailboxes!

Painter Snoopy
07-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23745

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/17813/tn_Expand1.JPG

Wow!! You are so incredibly talented!! I want this one so bad. I might peek and see if I am on your list! I intentionaly didn't pay any attention to who's list I got on. I love this! I want one!!! Whah!

Painter Snoopy
07-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23749

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_BugsNBloomsSet.jpg

This turned out great!!! It is so delicate. I don't know how you do it! It is beautiful! Well done.:clap: :clap: I am very happy that you joined up. I hope that your move goes well.

Painter Snoopy
07-12-2003, 07:53 AM

This is really cool. I love the mixed media! Great idea.:clap: :D

Painter Snoopy
07-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23690

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_LighthousePlate003.jpg

This is so excellent! Can you get a closer shot of the center and a gull or two? I would love to see this closer. You are very talented!:D

Painter Snoopy
07-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23750

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_Pendant.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! A nice close up so we can see all of the wonderful details. You need to do a demo for us. Your are excellent at this!:clap: :clap:

Kalibabe
07-12-2003, 08:49 AM
I ahve to say I CANNOT WAIT to get my stuff through the post. I ahve packaged mine up now - finally so will send ouyt during the coming week. They will take a while to get there as they are all for America, and i'm in England.

Other than that, Id just like to say I ahve so enjoyed this project. It has given me a 'new lease of life'.

I ahve tried things i ahve never tried before, and had great fun doing it. It has got my creative juices well and truly flowing.

I will be honoured to get whatever is sent to me... I'm just impatient now lol..

lisilk
07-12-2003, 03:22 PM

You are indeed the master of polymer. Well done ! :clap: :clap: ( but the netsuke seals are still my favorite. hint hint )

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 03:26 PM

Wow!! You are so incredibly talented!! I want this one so bad. I might peek and see if I am on your list! I intentionaly didn't pay any attention to who's list I got on. I love this! I want one!!! Whah!

Thank you so much Steph. It took me forever ! If I spend this much time on each piece....well, I'll be sending them out until 2007 ! LOL. It was a good lesson in patience.

Unfortunately, this one is going to England...that's all I'll say. :evil:

Li

lisilk
07-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23796

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/progress/17813/tn_Expand3.JPG

Here is the second piece I am working on if I don't cut my fingers off. See full explanation by clicking on link. Plan to work on both pieces while we are out of town next week and hopefully start # 3 which will NOT be a carving.....my hands are screaming.

Li

AriadneArts
07-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23796

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/progress/17813/tn_Expand3.JPG

This is beautiful, Li. Northwest Coast is my favorite of all the Native American Art. Very complex. Fine work.

AriadneArts
07-12-2003, 11:28 PM

This is lovely, Li. Fine carving as well as painting. It really does have that Oaxacan look.

lisilk
07-13-2003, 12:16 AM
Thank you Eileen. I have to say that with the exception of WATERCOLORS ( GRRRRRR ) this has been my biggest challenge so far. It's hard for me to visualize what to take away when carving and I did study the way my husband worked and tried to copy his general steps, although his work is larger.

Glad you like the results. :cat:

Li

Birdie
07-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Hi
I haven't had time to make comments on the the cool new works...but I an keeping an eye on the post...these are looking great..I need you all to keep me in your thoughts right now as I am in the mist of change. I am putting in for a new position with my job that could casue me to be moving over by Everett Wa. I just found out about it mid-week and had to get my resume' ready to submit on Monday. And I think if I get it I could be moving or having to commute up there until the house sells,and this could be as soon as with in the next month. I say all this just to let you know I may be a little slower at finishing up this project..but I will get it done as I think this is a great projects.
I have a question do we have to wait to mail the work until we have all four done or can we mail what we have as we get them done?

Thank guys,

Kalibabe
07-13-2003, 04:17 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23796

All's I can say about this is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

So beautiful!!!

Jakeally
07-13-2003, 05:09 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23795

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/progress/17813/tn_Expand1.JPG

So lovely.....you are so talented in whatever you challenge yourself with:clap: :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23796

and your whorl is marvelous. Wonderful carving. My husband would die for a source of wood that old:D :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
07-13-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Birdie
Hi
I haven't had time to make comments on the the cool new works...but I an keeping an eye on the post...these are looking great..I need you all to keep me in your thoughts right now as I am in the mist of change. I am putting in for a new position with my job that could casue me to be moving over by Everett Wa. I just found out about it mid-week and had to get my resume' ready to submit on Monday. And I think if I get it I could be moving or having to commute up there until the house sells,and this could be as soon as with in the next month. I say all this just to let you know I may be a little slower at finishing up this project..but I will get it done as I think this is a great projects.
I have a question do we have to wait to mail the work until we have all four done or can we mail what we have as we get them done?

Thank guys,

Birdie:rolleyes: I'm sure it wouldn't matter if you sent them out as you make them Birdie. It will probably make life easier for you at the moment.
Lots of luck with the new job....I hope you are successful in your application.:cat:

Lamb43
07-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23804

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_LighthousePlateDetail001.jpg

As requested, a close up of the lighthouse center image.

Lamb43
07-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Here's another photo of my etched glass plate, showing better detail of the lighthouse and gulls. Not the best photo, mind you, because of the flash reflecting off of the plate, but it will have to do as I sent my projects off yesterday. Hint: this one went to someone outside the U.S. just so you know!

Oh, and one more thing, all those white specks you see in the photo's are lint on my black velvet backdrop, not on the glass itself!:D

Painter Snoopy
07-13-2003, 09:56 AM

This is totally cool! I would love to see some inlays. That would be most excellent.:clap: :clap:

Painter Snoopy
07-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23804

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_LighthousePlateDetail001.jpg

Thanks for the detail! This is so delicate and wonderful! What a great job you have done!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I love it. Talent I say!

Painter Snoopy
07-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Chris is right. We can send these out as we get them done. No problem there. Good luck on the new position too.:D

Painter Snoopy
07-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Unfortunately, this one is going to England...that's all I'll say

whahhhhhhh!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :evil: Lucky person!!!

AriadneArts
07-13-2003, 01:04 PM

Just beautiful. You are very talented.

Kalibabe
07-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately, this one is going to England...that's all I'll say.

let it be me
let it be me
let it be me...

krys and i both thought this would go well in our house... and we'd love to see our cat's reaction to it... he he he... but I AM evil!!!!!:evil:

lisilk
07-13-2003, 04:14 PM

You have created a beautiful collection. :clap: :clap: :clap: Very talented !

Li

lisilk
07-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Thank you Chris, Kali, and Steph on your kind compliments. I never new fingers could have muscles until I started this project ! LOL. OOOOOOOWWWWWW.

Birdie- Best of luck on your job situation. There is no deadline. You get finished when you finish ! I will mail them out as they are completed because, lord knows how long it will take. I have another big show coming up so am working inbetween getting ready for that.

Cheers,

Li

orchid black
07-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Just to let you know, I haven't forgotten about you guys!!! I'm busily working on these and some commissions I have... I keep getting more commissions, and I don't know where they're coming from... I don't advertise!

I'm still trying to get my pics uploaded... hopefully tonight I can get that done. Have to uninstall and reinstall my scanner... grrrrrr.

:mad:

Painter Snoopy
07-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Hi folks,
I sent out all of my goodies today!!!! Look for surprises in your box!

DanaT
07-14-2003, 03:20 PM
This is so great Stephanie. I've really enjoyed seeing everybody's treasures.

It looks like I may have to wait till you do this again. I can't do anything till next month and I think that's too long for anyone to wait for their pressies.

(I know it would be too long for ME to wait for pressies! :) )

Excellent stuff everybody! :clap:

Painter Snoopy
07-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DanaT
This is so great Stephanie. I've really enjoyed seeing everybody's treasures.

It looks like I may have to wait till you do this again. I can't do anything till next month and I think that's too long for anyone to wait for their pressies.

(I know it would be too long for ME to wait for pressies! :) )

Excellent stuff everybody! :clap:
Thanks for stopping by Dana. If you want to join up later I will be happy to swap fun things with you! Just let me know ok?

DanaT
07-14-2003, 03:36 PM
Oooh fun!

Smudger
07-15-2003, 06:06 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23805

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/9710/tn_LighthousePlate.jpg

:D Guess what i just received in the post:D

Thank You so much... it's beautiful, Mrs Smudger likes it too.
Great piece of work :clap: :clap:

It will probably feature in a still life soon:D

Thank You....Thank You....Thank You....

lisilk
07-15-2003, 06:21 AM
Smudger, You lucky person ! It's a beautiful piece !!!!:clap: :clap:

As if I'm not going slow enough already....I had a bad encounter with a wasps nest, over fifty bites , so the carving and experimenting will come to a screaching halt for a while. This has not been my year for health issues ! My hands look like swollen flippers. I promise you will each recieve something A.S.A.P.

Li

Painter Snoopy
07-15-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by lisilk

As if I'm not going slow enough already....I had a bad encounter with a wasps nest, over fifty bites , so the carving and experimenting will come to a screaching halt for a while. This has not been my year for health issues ! My hands look like swollen flippers. I promise you will each recieve something A.S.A.P.

Li Oh My God!!!! You poor girl!!! Take your time for sure! I hope you are taking something for those! Oh my!

Painter Snoopy
07-15-2003, 08:10 AM

I received this beautiful painting!!!!! I am so lucky!! Thank you Chris!

Painter Snoopy
07-15-2003, 08:12 AM

This is my favorite of the ones you made!! I got it!! The picture doesn't come close to doing it justice. Thank you so much!

AriadneArts
07-15-2003, 10:51 AM

Li

My gosh, Li! How awful for you! I hope you've received treatment and are taking some medication for the stings. Take it easy for awhile. There's no rush on this project.

Kalibabe
07-15-2003, 12:05 PM
50 bites!!!!!!!!!

Evil, waste of space creatures!!!!!!!!

Grrrr, nasty yakky wasps...

take care of you

Kalibabe
07-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Just a note...

I ahve completed all of my projects and packaged them up.
They will just have to wait until I get paid for posting!
In my ultimate wisdon, I did not consider that I'd have to post to America when making them:D

So, food comes first. I get paid on 24th, so will send out packages then, so don't hold your breath, but they WILL be there soon

orchid black
07-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Wasps.... evil creatures are they......

Very sorry......

Take care.

lisilk
07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23892

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/6306/tn_khamsa_2_front.jpg

These are all very cool Eileen. I love the colors. Is this the first time you worked with wood ?:clap: :clap:

Li

lisilk
07-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks everyone for your concerns. I had no idea there were burrowing wasps that build their nest under ground. Watch out when you're kicking over rocks ! I have over 30 bites on my right hand alone, plus stomach and breast. Owwweee. Lot's of ice.

But I am getting good at typing with just my left hand. LOL. Nature's way of slowing me down !

Cheers,

Li

Painter Snoopy
07-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Oww It hurts just to read that! I hope that you are taking something for those? Please tell me that you went to a doctor?:( :rolleyes:

Painter Snoopy
07-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23895

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/6306/tn_khamsa_2_back.jpg

I love this one! very cool front and back!

AriadneArts
07-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks Li and Steph. Li, this isn't the first time I've worked in wood, but it is the first time in many years. And I've never worked with balsa. It's tricky because it splits. I used balsa instead of basswood because I wanted some grain. Each medium has it's pluses and minuses, eh? ;)

Birdie
07-15-2003, 10:46 PM

Li

I am so sorry for you.......If you have my name, don't even worry about when you send it out..;) just get better.... I have to give myself a shot if I get stung, Did you have to do that?

Update on the new job...I went for the interview today and it went well........I got called back for a second interview tomorrow
it is down to just two of use so I should know tomorrow......

Now off to make something for this project....I think something in beads..............;)

Craig Houghton
07-16-2003, 08:37 AM
I've received these absolutely amazing Lorakeets by Chris (jakeally). I'm really glad to have them! I hoped I would get one of those fantastic pen and inks - they should be in a field book!

Many many thanks!

And all the way from overseas too :)

Here's a destination pic

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2003/21273-birds.jpg

Thanks again!
Craig

Craig Houghton
07-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Also, I finished my entries.

These are prismacolor markers on bristol. 5x7 each.

They're 2d landscapes. I learned the style (cell-blocking w/ color and outlining) from WC's Theo_N.

I usually work with pastels, so this is quite different for me.

They've been packed up and shipped out already too :)

Evening Over Blue Fields

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2003/21273-DSC03733.JPG

Cumulus Over Red Barn

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2003/21273-DSC03734.JPG

Snowcapped Hills with Cumulus

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2003/21273-DSC03735.JPG

Little Island Near Castle Craig in Connecticut (actually a place near me called castle craig - just happens to be my name, but no relation :P )

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2003/21273-DSC03736.JPG

-Craig :)

AriadneArts
07-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Hi Craig. These are all very nice. I could see Theo's influence as soon as the first one loaded. His influence, but definitely your own style.

I would load these into the finished works Gallery so you get credit for the project. Just go to the main project page (where you registered for the project) and click on "upload your images", then follow directions.

That way, we can call up a thumbnail of each pic when we comment on them, too.

Craig Houghton
07-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by AriadneArts
Hi Craig. These are all very nice. I could see Theo's influence as soon as the first one loaded. His influence, but definitely your own style.

I would load these into the finished works Gallery so you get credit for the project. Just go to the main project page (where you registered for the project) and click on "upload your images", then follow directions.

That way, we can call up a thumbnail of each pic when we comment on them, too.

Already loaded them in the gallery actually -- I just enjoy in-the-thread posting as well.

And, many thanks for the compliment!

-Craig

M.A.
07-16-2003, 08:23 PM

Thank you Marg for this beautiful rabbit! I love it! It was such a surprise for me to find the delivery man at my door this morning as I was home sick from work. Even more surprised to find this beautiful pen and inked rabbit. I called Marg because her number was on the outside of the envelope and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why someone would send me an original work of art. I could hear her husband call for her in the background and then it dawned on me, the Horizons Exchange!!! I have been thinking about getting things out the door but had forgotten that I would be receiving them too!

Anyway, it was wonderful talking with you. It's a double hit for me because I was born in the year of the Rabbit/Cat so it is very fitting. Thank you very much!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
07-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23933

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/21273/tn_2d1.jpg

Oh ya- I see a bit of Theo in there but just as an inspiration. You definitely have your own style and sense of color. :clap: :clap: Was it fun for you do work with different medium ?

Lucky recipients !

Li

P.S. To all- The anti- inflamatory drugs are working. I have fingers again . They are fat and itchy but at least they are moving again. LOL. BZZZZZZT.

Painter Snoopy
07-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Craig, I love you pieces! Very creative!
Li, I am so glad that you are getting better. Owww.... You are handling this very well. Much better than I would.

Craig Houghton
07-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Many thanks for the kind words!

And, yup, it's fun branching out. I still end up longing for pastel dust though :D

-Craig

orchid black
07-17-2003, 02:06 AM

Hey!!! I'm sorry... I received this artwork in the mail a few days ago, and meant to post, but forgot...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I was so excited to get this! The colours are even more beautiful and vibrant in person, and I can't wait to get it framed. (Have to, though... no paycheck yet...:rolleyes: )

Absolutely brilliant work, sassy! Thanks!!!

And, yes, the pieces I'm working on are still here... grr.... I've had some problems finding time to work on them... but will be posting and shipping very soon now.

Jakeally
07-17-2003, 08:01 AM

I received this beautiful painting!!!!! I am so lucky!! Thank you Chris! Glad it arrived safely Steph:D ....You are very welcome

Jakeally
07-17-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Craig Houghton
I've received these absolutely amazing Lorakeets by Chris (jakeally). I'm really glad to have them! I hoped I would get one of those fantastic pen and inks - they should be in a field book!

Many many thanks!

And all the way from overseas too :)

Here's a destination pic

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2003/21273-birds.jpg

Thanks again!
Craig Woooohooooo....another one arrived safely:D So glad you like it Craig:cat:

Jakeally
07-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23546

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/1355/tn_Zip-a-de-doo-daSz.jpg

This little marvel dropped on my mat this morning and I am so delighted to receive it. Thank you so much Sassy....it really is fantastic:D :cat:

Jakeally
07-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23935

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/21273/tn_2d3.jpg

Your entries are such fun Craig....very cartoony and bright....great stuff :clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
07-17-2003, 01:04 PM

Does everyone see all the fantastic things I see in this encaustic? Besides beauty of course... I see two heads in profile in the upper left corner and a bionic mouse at the middle right of the painting. I love your series of encaustics, Sassy!

Mikki Petersen
07-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=23673

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/439/completed/19369/tn_Untitled-2.jpg

One of the most exciting things about digital art is that the viewer gets to see the painting in the same medium it was created. These are sensational Smudger! Looks like they were a lot of fun to create. Don't be tempted away from your lovely pastels, though.