PDA

View Full Version : Lunch and some WIP

drwells
05-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Hi guys!! I don't know if I showed you this one. I did it a few lunches ago..and have doodled on it a few other times.. My hair cutter saw it and wanted it but said she wanted something in the background...I said more trees? she said NO....do something different so I sarcastically said how about buildings...she said kewl....LOL

Lemme know what you think.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2003/8954-hideoutsmall.jpg

Larger version
www.dannystreehouse.com/uploads/hideout.jpg

DragonladyfromOz
05-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Looks pretty good from this pov Danny! The contrast between the detail of the 'natural' tree and environs and the 'line' distant city looks good.
Just one thing... if the tree spirit living here [or what ever else is behind that little door] can take so much time to build a wall around their garden, do you think they could get the mower out and tidy the lawn a bit? Good grief, what would the neighbours think! :D :D :D Heheheeee - I think I need coffee...

MonicaB
05-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Very kewl. :D Love the flowers and mailbox too.

Oldthumbs
05-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Actually, that idea works pretty darn well - the juxtaposition of "rural" life versus "urban" life, or fantasy versus reality. Looks good so far, Danny.

Ray

mel-ink
05-19-2003, 10:17 PM
I think your haircutter is on to something!! I like those funky buildings...they fit perfectly with your trees! You certainly have a distinctive style, Danny!!! I am so jealous!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rapolina
05-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Oldthumbs
Actually, that idea works pretty darn well - the juxtaposition of "rural" life versus "urban" life, or fantasy versus reality. Looks good so far, Danny.

Ray
that's what i think too!
:clap: :clap:

ciao, rapolina.

BTDogMom
05-20-2003, 10:53 AM
if the tree spirit living here [or what ever else is behind that little door] can take so much time to build a wall around their garden, do you think they could get the mower out and tidy the lawn a bit? Good grief, what would the neighbours think! No kidding, shhheeeesssh some people's gnomes - how RUDE!

Danny - ummm I LOVE this 2 - will u please stop making all of these wonderful treehouses my fingers r getting all numb from having 2 type on these awesome little homes - gggeeees - it's all about "Danny" and "Danny's treehouses" - um u know that I'm kidding right? I mean if u stop u r gonna b in HUGE trouble :mad::clap: :clap: :clap:

els
05-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Looks very good to me Danny...

Jakeally
05-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Oh Yes!......I love wonkey buildings and there is a world of difference between your wonderful organic creations and these towers of concrete and glass. Its got to work....go for it Danny:clap: :clap: :clap:

artdude
05-20-2003, 06:49 PM
:clap: Yet another great tree drawing from our resident tree expert!!:clap:

jjsangel
05-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Good looking tree. You just know all the people who live in those buildings want to come live in this tree house. Even if the yard does need mowing...hehehe

kare
05-21-2003, 02:14 AM
LOVE THE LITTLE HOUSE!!! :)

drwells
05-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Holy Cowzz!!! You guys!! I'm getting a fat head thanks to you!!

Manda, the grass is doing the "natural" thing... :P

Monica...I'm thinking you may see more mailboxes. :)

Ray, thanks, I've finished the little windows on the buildings..don't know what else I should/could do..What do I do with the white between the city and the tree???? Oh boy, and I know I won't even get a free haircut out of it.... LOL

LOL, Mel!!! That is what I get for being sarcastic...but I hate to admit it, she is right for pushing it... :)

Rapolina, thank you!

Jamie!! :p

:)

Eamon, thank you! :)

Chris!!! Thanks, something different, I guess....do you think I should have the buildings run all the way across? or Just leave them as is?

Awww Murray, I'm no expert...I wish... (head down looking at feet kicking the dirt)

Sharon, U GOT IT!!! A place to run off and hide and get away from the meanies of the world.....think about it, a common theme with my work.. ;)

Ciarrai! Thank you!

Danny

JustjoGA
05-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Love the tree.... IMHO, the buildings are not relevant or necessary

Oldthumbs
05-22-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by drwells
I've finished the little windows on the buildings..don't know what else I should/could do..What do I do with the white between the city and the tree????

Hey, you're the artist! How should I know? :)

Seriously, use whatever it would take to convey a sense of distance. My first thought would be a series of grass covered hills, maybe with a road coming through from the distance. But it's your drawing and your vision, so go for it.

Ray

Jakeally
05-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Hi! Danny.....I like it as is, I don't think you need to go right across.
I quite like the white gap too. You could maybe follow the contour line of the wall with the bottom of the buildings. That would make it quite surreal
I like Ray's idea too:confused: :rolleyes: :D
I am sure you will come up with a good idea:cat:

babybrush
05-22-2003, 10:30 PM
i really like all your trees. trees scare me in any medium, but i can't imagine doing stuff like this in ink. it is freakin amazing

Bethany

drwells
05-27-2003, 03:21 PM
IMHO, the buildings are not relevant or necessary

LOL...I think that was the point of it Jo. :D

Ray!! We are ALL artists :p I'm going to go with Chris' idea and just kinda curve down the lines on the outside buildings exagerate them even more.

Bethany!!! Oh you just have to draw a tree now. :) Really it is easy. You just let it flow and let the lines take you where they want to be. (easy means I've drawn them way to many times.) :D