Title: "Intimate Light" - WIP
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 20x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This one has a way to go......
I'll be building up more texture and the "environment" around her as I work toward a finish. There will be lush,..softly-colored flowers coming up from the lower left;...and the antique lamp needs to be developed, as well.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments/suggestions are welcome

woodguy
05-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Scott, I sense a Really Good one coming together! In fact, it is now about 3:45 and you posted this about an hour and a half ago.....so knowing you it is probably done by now!!! Jim

jerryW
05-19-2003, 06:47 PM
another fine drawing gets fleshed out.

mattlart
05-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Thanks for taking a peek Jim.
I too sense a special painting here;..simply because I'm going to take the time to make it one. I'm sensing alot of pleasure will come from expanding on these figurative paintings;..including bits and pieces of the environment around them.It's fun to simply 'knock-out' a figure with an abstracted backround,....;but adding touches like furniture, flowers,..etc. feels like it will help to make them more human and MUCH more interesting.
No more painting today. Too much port and partying last nite.
I've got a.......................headache.:o :p

LOL. Exactly to the point Jerry. Thank you for stopping by. Cheers.

giniaad
05-19-2003, 09:22 PM
intimate light and intimate pose
very sexy

I'm sure you will put a great finish to this one...

Helen Zapata
05-19-2003, 09:25 PM
NICE!

I like the lamp and touches of environment.

And the head is WONDERFUL! Perfect. ..and that hair.. perfect.

happy sigh.. watching and loving it

Helen

mattlart
05-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Thank you, Giniaad.
There does seem to be a subtle sexiness here..............;)
Perhaps,..that MAY be one of the reasons that I'm enjoying the process of painting her.....immensely. Cheers,-Scott

Glad you're enjoying this one,..Helen. I've done just a bit more. I can't seem to keep my hands off....of her.:)
More to come tomorrow....Have a good eve. -S

artbabe21
05-19-2003, 09:53 PM
First...I sure like your new tinyhead.........:D :p ;)

This is looking real good and Helen stole my comment about the hair...have always noticed how GOOD you are with hair but had forgotten to mention it...look forward to seeing this evolve...:D

somerset
05-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Really looking forward to the next few installments... especially curious about what you will do with the viewers left side. Can't tear my eyes away from there.

Luzie
05-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Yummy with the signature sienna!
I am tired, it's late but this could put me in the mood to pick up a brush right now:)

mattlart
05-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Thank you, Cath. It's just...........me.A very recent photo.
I am FINALLY happy with her hair....:p
From here on,...the painting should be alot of fun.Just developing the lamp,....and lots of loose flowers cascading up out of a small brass vase on the lower left.....:D Thanks for looking...-S

Hopefully,..Somerset,...:) : I'll be able to incorporate some loose,..lovely flowers in various shades of ivory and lavender into the lower left,...along with stems and abstract foliage. More COLOR.......:p Cheers

Luzie,....if this inspires you,..YEAH!..;I've done my good deed for the day. Get some sleep..:) Best,-S

bocote
05-20-2003, 12:07 AM
justice is being served well in this work. I really like how this is turning out. I'm not a greedy person, but dang I have to have this one when done.

I see nothing that needs to be improved with this and I am most eager to see its completing. One thing I did find was a phallic (sp?) symbol just to the right of the hair which was a little interesting.

The 20x12 vertical size is a challenge to work with and this is looking great compositionally and its quite interesting.

have fun,

bocote

Alan Cross
05-20-2003, 01:50 AM
Looking good so far waiting to see more of her!
Alan :)

Rosic
05-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Scott,
Another dreamy nude... like what you are doing with BG also.
Will enjoy seeing the WIP and finished dream!
Rosic

mattlart
05-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Good Morning......:)

I can't wait to work more on this! Hopefully,...after I teach my classes today.... :D

I'll let you know when it's dry enough to ship,...B.:) Funny how we all see different things in impressionistic paintings. Thank you for stopping by.

Thanks Alan.......; she's coming along fairly quickly..:p

Rosic;.....you are always so kind, positive, and supportive. I'll post again soon....Cheers

Helen Zapata
05-20-2003, 10:47 AM
whispering... don't worry bocote.. I noticed the phallic symbol too. Just didn't want Scott to know what a dirty mind I have. ;)

I think this is possibly your sexiest nude yet, Scott. You've got that tilt forward down perfectly. She appears so absorbed.

I'm a little concerned about the very sharp concave angle on her right side. But still watching since I know you aren't done.

Can't wait to see what you do with the flowers. :)

Helen

pero lane
05-20-2003, 11:45 AM
:clap: Wonderful...can't wait to see the finish! The hair is incredible!

mattlart
05-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Personally,...HELEN,....lol,..I always suspected it. A woman after my own heart....:angel: :D

Thanks Pero;..I'll be completing this manana. Have a good evening..

Paintonbrush
05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
You have too much fun! looking forward to the next installment

mattlart
05-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Diane,....one thing that I'm pretty sure of is this: It's IMPOSSIBLE to have TOO MUCH fun,.......lol. :D
I'm also pretty sure that most of us,................don't have enough.
How are you? :)

Well,..here's the tricky part.
Now,..I've got to decide if...........she's done.....:rolleyes: :p
What do you think? All opinions are welcome and appreciated.:

somerset
05-21-2003, 01:48 PM
I don't think so, but almost. Take a look at the area where her right arm meets her body.

mattlart
05-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Somerset..........(what IS your 'real' name)? I feel awkward calling people by their 'screenames'..

Better?

mattlart
05-21-2003, 02:20 PM
WHOOPS!! Wrong image. Let's see if I can find the "new and improved"...........

Helen Zapata
05-21-2003, 02:26 PM
It's gorgeous Scott. Just beautiful.

That very sharp bend at the right of her waist (where the right arm meets it) still looks pretty painful. And one other thing.. is the lamp as crooked as it looks here?

Hate to pick on such a lovely painting. I love it!

Helen

Helen Zapata
05-21-2003, 02:27 PM
OH, we crossposted! yes, that's much better.

Now, about that lamp....

Helen :D

somerset
05-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Believe thats more like it. I too felt awkward nit-picking such a fine piece but you never know. Perhaps you would have quit in disgust and given it away. I would have cheerfully paid the shipping!

Michael

Gilberte
05-21-2003, 03:57 PM
All is well that ends well ...
Is she American ? (just read today that American women have broader hips ... :D and this one has such a sweet little b....m !)

woodguy
05-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Well done, Scott!! I really do wish that these digital images represented the real thing more accurately. I know, especially after talking with you, that the texture in this is absolutely wonderful. And that is also what is never really very apparent in your other images either. Also what doesn't show is the deep and lusturous quality of your paint. Jim

mattlart
05-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Dear Helen and Michael,
Please don't ever hesitate to critique my work freely.
Why do you think I post here;..for the free food!?;) :angel: :D
We are often WAY too close (emotionally,..and sometimes, PHYSICALLY,lol) ,..to see the 'forest for the trees".....:p

I've made some minor adjustments,...(even to the lamp);..and she's a peach now.:)
(Although, sometimes,..in a painting,....I think that things being just-a-bit off kilter............is ............good. Thank you both.

Hey Jim. Congratulationas again on all of your celebratory news today! (Jim has just been accepted into a new gallery,..and had TWO of his paintings selected for a major exhibition here in Colorado.!:D In addition,..it looks like he may be doing his first FIGURATIVE commissioned painting) BRAVO.....to you!:p :p

mattlart
05-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Sorry Gilberte,..I missed you there........
She is an American. There are MANY American woman with SUPERB butts!!! (IMHO:angel: :evil: :p ) Thank you for visiting..
Best Wishes

woodguy
05-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks Scott!!! "POP."...Oooops, that was the sound of the opening of a celebratory beer....I had better sign off now, the POPPING could become distracting;) Jim

Wes Hyde
05-21-2003, 11:43 PM
Scott... Fantastic! I love this one.

Wes

mattlart
05-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Thank you Jim and Wes.....

artbabe21
05-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by mattlart
Hey Jim. Congratulationas again on all of your celebratory news today! (Jim has just been accepted into a new gallery,..and had TWO of his paintings selected for a major exhibition here in Colorado.!:D In addition,..it looks like he may be doing his first FIGURATIVE commissioned painting) BRAVO.....to you!:p :p

sorry for chiming in late here but have been out of town for 10 days...congrats Jim.....well done & I am thrilled for you!!:clap:

markr
09-07-2003, 05:36 AM
I'm bringing this back for a "real" critique ... any one interested?

Matt Sammekull
09-07-2003, 07:03 AM
It would be very interesting to hear what you call "real" crit! Shoot!

//matt