PDA

View Full Version : Two pictures for letter J

jjsangel
05-19-2003, 02:13 PM
Here are two ideas I came up with for the letter J. They turned out OK. Not my favorites.

The first one is just called "Jester"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2003/17737-LetterJJester2.jpg

This one is called "One Eyed Jack" As I stated in CP the colors didn't scan quite right. The yellow should be more Goldenrod and the green more Lime.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2002/17737-LetterJOneEyedJack.jpg

Hope you like them.

jjsangel
05-19-2003, 02:15 PM
I will try again.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2003/17737-LetterJOneEyedJack.jpg

beatle_john
05-19-2003, 03:10 PM
I like yor creativity pretty much :)

Regards...

BTDogMom
05-19-2003, 04:45 PM
These r both so COOL! I really like both, but I like the Jester 1 the best 4 these reasons:

1. The black & blue diamonds
2. The bells hanging off the J
3. The collar 4 the Jester is really lovely against the dark blue - looks really good

Now having said that I like the "Jack" 4 these reasons:

1. The colors!
2. The design u have in the J
3. The chain of card symbols hanging off the J

Aren't u glad I narrowed that down 4 u - LMAO!!

jjsangel
05-19-2003, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the comment BJ.

Hey Jamie. Leave it to you to narrow it down...heheh LOL. I like the colors of both but just not happy with the Jack's face. Oh well, I can't be mawvelous all the time....LMAO

drwells
05-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Howdy Sharon!

I like the top one better of the two. The diamonds, the bells...Yeah...If I HAD to pick I would go with the Jester. :)

Danny

DragonladyfromOz
05-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Yup, I'm for the first one too - the Jester.
I really like the patterning on the second and the intricate detail but - I hope I don't offend here :confused: - the second one called to mind bait on a fish hook! Isn't that dreadful! Sorry jjsangel... no comment on the brilliant artwork, just the positioning and overall shape made me think of it.
I think because most of your faces have 'filled' the letters - or are a part of them - and also have the majority looking at the viewer, the first fits better with the series you are doing as it tends to blend in to the shape and design.
Don't hate me!!!:(
Cheers
Manda

jjsangel
05-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Hey Danny, I agree 100%. I don't like the second one. I almost didn't even post it.

Manda, Manda, Manda, of course I hate you....ROFL hehehe. No, I actually agree with you. I don't like the second one. I like the colors some and the design of the letter but I hate the face. It just doesn't go with it. I redid it about a half dozen times and never could get it to look right. Like I told Danny, I almost didn't post it, but thought, oh what the heck, go ahead. So I did, just for the heck of it. So, I actually don't hate you. Don't care for you much, but don't hate you. hehehehehehe:evil: :angel: Just kidding.... hugggggsssss...:D

Axl
05-19-2003, 10:14 PM
I really like the colour combination on the second one!

Anticipating K :D

mel-ink
05-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey Sharon! I'll vote for the first one too, but I also love the detail on the second one! You are almost halfway there with this alphabet!! Keep it up, you're doing wonderfully!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

seejay
05-19-2003, 10:56 PM
Wow, two for the price of one!

You must like making work for yourself!;)

rapolina
05-20-2003, 05:06 AM
very beautiful alphabet interpretation! i prefer the firs, but both are nice.
did you use colored inks?

ciao, rapolina.:)

jjsangel
05-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Thanks Axl. Me too.

Thanks alot Mel. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Thanks Chris. Naw, it just keeps me busy.

Thank you rapolina. No actually I used colored pencils for the color.

Dave.t
05-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Hi Sharon......must agree the first fits better with series and is one of the best. Glad you posted the second it may be second but it has beautiful work on the letter and I like the way the face fits in the letter.
Keep going:clap: :clap:

artdude
05-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Two very good "J" designs!! I like the first one too :) I think the second one would work if the face was bigger :D:)

DragonladyfromOz
05-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Thankyou for forgiving me Sharon ... :angel: :rolleyes: hehehee
Cheers
Manda

jjsangel
05-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Thanks Dave and artdude.

Manda, You are very welcome...hehehe:angel:

r4cord
05-27-2003, 11:09 PM
hi -i'm new. but i had to comment on your work. i love it! as a matter of fact ,i have some drawings with the same feel to it-amazing color! both are great...... if you're so busy looking behind you,you can forget to look ahead.......me

Newwings
05-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Like the design work in 'Jack', like the face- But somehow they don't seem to me to work together as well as they might. Just my two cents, of course :) IMO, all the elements in 'Jester' come together well, and 'Jester's an obvious keeper. Nice work!

Mark
www.newwings.50megs.com

prairie painter
05-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Woah, I hadn't seen your work before, it's fab!
I really, really like your second J better. Perhaps if you made the face a 3/4 view, then it wouldn't blend in with the lines of the letter so much & would work?

jjsangel
05-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Hi r4cord. Glad to have you here. Thanks for the nice comments. You should post your pictures here so we can see them.:D

Thanks Mark. I agree 100% on your comments on the Jack. Not my favorite. I think the Jester turned out pretty good though.

Thanks so much Prairie Painter. Glad you like it. I sure do appreciate you looking.:)

Jakeally
05-29-2003, 04:52 AM
I can't believe I missed this one Sharon..... you know how I love your luscious lips and dreamy eyes :D

I really like the jester....excellent design.... love his hat and bells.

I really like Jack too.... simply because its a different style..... but maybe it would'nt fit into your alphabet as well as Jester does.

Way to go girl..... you are doing a fantastic job:clap: :clap:

jjsangel
05-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Thank you so very much Chris. The K is almost done. Will be posted later today or tomorrow.:D