PDA

View Full Version : Science vs. Religion (hands study)

beatle_john
05-19-2003, 03:16 AM
Blue pen on office's paper
Done using my left hand for both hands on the drawing...
Forget about the low yellow spot, that's an addition of my scanner...

Regards...

P.S. I picked that icon because the drawing it's about hands :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2003/18677-PlumaManos.jpg

rapolina
05-19-2003, 05:41 AM
beautiful!
are you rightie? if yes, you can post this drawing in the project "the opposite hand" tthat you can find in the watercolor forum, but it's not limited to watercolors.

is this dwawing different from whot you'd have drawn with your right hand?

ciao, rapolina.:)

artdude
05-19-2003, 11:12 AM
These certainly get a THUMBS UP!! Wonderful hand drawings!! :D:) When you say Done using my left hand for both hands on the drawing... You mean that you used your left hand for a model...right?

Oldthumbs
05-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Pretty interesting what you can do with just a blue pen, isn't it. Very nice, though the hand on the right makes my wrist ache! :)

els
05-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Great rendition...

jjsangel
05-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Great hands....:D

beatle_john
05-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi, thank you all for your replies :)

rapolina, yes I'm rightie and I think there was a confussion, I used mi right hand for drawing and my left one for modeling, although the idea of doing a draw with my left hand sounds cool! :), thanks for looking and commenting...

artdude, thanks for looking and commenting, and yes! I used my left hand as model for both hands...

Oldthumbs, thanks for yor comments, there's something about drawing with pen that I like a lot, couldn't say what, but it's a different effect, blue pen and black pen usually result as cold drawings to me...

els, thanks for looking and commenting :), I like giving my draws and paintings some meaning, my favorite subjects are the spirit and the figure (woman :))...

jjsangel, thanks for your comments :), I'm glad you like them...

Regards...

seejay
05-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Definitely thumbs up!

:clap:

beatle_john
05-19-2003, 10:49 PM
thanks for your comments seejay :)

Regards...

kare
05-19-2003, 11:38 PM
aahh... finally! you post this for all to see :)

I really love the feel you created with this one. That star figure really creates dimension and there's something about the use of just one hand that makes it simplistic, yet inspirational!!

harmony
05-20-2003, 01:00 AM
I really like this Beatle_John. Hard to imagine this is done in pen and ink. You've done such a great job with the shading and the lines of the hands. Brilliant work :) Hopefully I will one day master this medium also *fingers crossed*

beatle_john
05-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Hi ciarrai, thanks for replying on this post :)
The star figure is supossed to be an atom, representing science...
Maybe some day I'll pass this sketch to a complete work, could have a watercolor background...

Harmony, thanks for looking and commenting :)
I'm glad you like it, line shading on this one is intended to be done following hand's natural movement...
You did a pretty good job on your first pen & inks, now just try to improve yourself every time, wich it means to practice :)
Wich reminds me to practice too if I want to improve!!! :)

Regards...

kare
05-20-2003, 06:57 PM
watercolour would be great Edgar! watercolour with salt crystals- would leave a great effect of science!!

:)