Dimension: 11 x 9
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Still working on the face.....

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comments and suggestions are welcomed as always. Thanks Jim

coulter
05-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Just great Jim!! Glad to see you back at it! I love the looseness of the bottom half!!

Maybe the viewer left half of the painting could use some more abstract elements (I'm not the person to offer any kind of how-tos though LOL)

Mark

HRobinson
05-18-2003, 06:28 PM
...sans the fig leaf makes for good art. OK then... even with the fig leaf. The colors are not overdone and the strokes are interesting enough although those small up ticks in the (bed?) look like little spikes. Her profile is not so well done it seems. With her looking in that direction, it makes her head look huge. The area above her left shoulder and the wall she's facing are so close in value that it detracts from the depth that should show there. You've caught the paleness that red heads are known for which shows that you posess an excellent "eye" for tonal compatibility and I also enjoyed the way you played the light in this one. -Harry

bocote
05-18-2003, 07:05 PM
dunno about "huge" for the head, but it is giving off some light. other than that this is a wonderful painting and a good example of the style you paint in most.

angelmakerla
05-19-2003, 03:09 PM
SLOW DOWN...I can sense the excitement while you're working on this one. I like the feeling of the painting. It speaks the moment of early morning...that refreshed feeling.

I cant't wait to see the progress.

jerryW
05-19-2003, 04:03 PM
particularly love the strength of the bottom half
the arrangement of finger colors-strokes etc.

mattlart
05-19-2003, 05:30 PM
More than anything else Jim;....I applaud your courage in taking on these figurative paintings.
The light sufusing the room,...and lighting her hair,...bedspread, etc...are BEAUTIFUL.!

Yes,..the profile and face are a bit disproportionate;...it takes time to learn and tranlate anatomy. No doubt,....you will master those elements with study and practice....;)
Nice Job,..my friend.

woodguy
05-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks for all the great comments. I have not yet gone back into this one to fix anything yet. The head, I feel, and as some have pointed out as well, needs some serious work! Then I migtht try and let the top half go a little looser to match the bottom. I will look at it over my shoulder for a day or so and see what happens. Thanks again all for looking and commenting. Jim