PDA

View Full Version : I Bring You Freedom

s-augustson
05-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Was inspired by Jay Marvin.

Something different for me than my usual stuff. What do you think?

jaymarvin
05-18-2003, 03:25 PM
I think it's great. Think you are really on to something. Is this done with acrylic? It's great!

jay

s-augustson
05-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Yes, Acrylics on 16x20 Canvas. I think I am going to do a little more with it.

jaymarvin
05-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by s-augustson
Yes, Acrylics on 16x20 Canvas. I think I am going to do a little more with it.

I'd leave it alone!:D

Mybubblewall
05-18-2003, 07:02 PM
yes, keep it the way it is. It says it all. Any more would be distracting.

s-augustson
05-18-2003, 09:06 PM
I am sorry if I offended anyone with this painting. I will post my original intent of the painting below. I was not intending to make anyone mad. my intentions were for the good. I guess though due to the way I painted the picture it could be read into far more than I realized.

I was showing the soldiers with their weapons not at each other in a hostile manor (by not holding in the kill position and at each other). when I am relaxed, mine is on the sling like shown. he is giving the Iraqi flag back to the Iraqi people. the Iraqi soldier is handing him a "yellow" flower to show his intentions of friendship. the weapons of mass destruction are behind the Iraqi and have been destroyed, no longer working. ours are put behind not in use.

I think that due to my lack of artistically abilities, some things were read into and interrupted not differently than as I had meant to show.

sorry.

kare
05-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Shawn;
i understand that some may see this as offensive. i just want to say that i think you are a true artists, true to the word.
i admire your abilities- this piece is interesting.. it creates world affairs- the way that they should be- at peace!

It is beautifully done and need i say that i salute you on this one.

keep experimenting.. you get better with each new style!

marc
05-19-2003, 08:38 PM
I didn't read anything negative into this when I saw it, and I enjoyed the message.. but there's actually one thing that does look disturbing to me, and that's the face of the American, he looks kind of ghostly and spooky, defaced, whereas the Iraqi looks kind.. is there are specific reason for this?