GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Antique Bottles, In Window
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18 inches x 24 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Final of a painting I started a while ago.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comments?

Paintonbrush
05-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Amazing. How do you do it. You know I tried painting the bottle set up and failed miserably.....;-) just cannot compare to yours
Oil paints listen to you better than they listen to me...nice work
:clap:

pero lane
05-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Capturing the look of glass seems to be a mystery that you have solved....Bravo!

pampe
05-18-2003, 07:58 PM
I remember when you started this....nice finish!:clap:

reynolds
05-19-2003, 11:27 AM
yes these are wonderful...and it seems that gavin passed the brick baton to you;) i wanted a wee bit more abstractedness in this...but you know that is me not you...what you do is always exquisite...

angelmakerla
05-19-2003, 02:46 PM
If this is from an obeservation, look closer at the bottles. No matter how bright it may be outside the window, there should be some reflection of the interior (maybe of you)...however, faint. This will bring the focus back into the viewer.

I like it so far! Keep working on it!

jerryW
05-19-2003, 07:28 PM
an artificial alignment of refractive vessels channelling light and color right to the heart.
totally justified.
very well done.
and your duelling portraits - HA!

giniaad
05-19-2003, 08:56 PM
real to surreal
"glass class"
allan-style magic

allanom
05-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Diana: And I was so looking forward to how you would handle the bottles, with that loose brush work of yours. I appreciate your kind feedback!

pero lane: I love working with the transparencies and translucencies. Thank-you.

Pam: Glad this finished well on your palette ;O)

Ren: Gavin and I decided we are "bottle brothers" a good while back :O)). I DID take a close-up of the abstract surfaces for you, but decided it wasn't quite interesting enough to post.

angelmakerla: I think I'm done with this! The interior was quite a bit darker; and the bottle surfaces really had nothing of me or the interior on them. But, good point.

jerry: HA! Thanks!

ginia: Much obliged, sweetie :O))<