PDA

View Full Version : Bad Poor*trait of Artdude and extra face

Petdevils
05-18-2003, 07:27 AM
Hi yall,

This was a bad attempt at doing his tinyhead... its only my second pic in P&I so don't be offended lol. Also attached another lil half face i did. Comments welcome ... Bye

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2003/16708-artdude.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2003/16708-halfface.jpg

Jakeally
05-18-2003, 07:51 AM
I bet artdude will be tickled pink with this one......good job:clap:

Does the second one happen to be a self portrait....looks a bit like your tinyhead

Elankat
05-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Woo hoo! Murray's looking burly. :D

Petdevils
05-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi Monica,

Yeah it's pretty pathetic ah hah!
And the second face isn't a self portrait... it was actually of an asian person i found at random on the net.... i included it cause although its not complete or correct by any means... i feel it has a certain quality that i really like.... i dont' know how to explain it...anyhoo thanks for your post :)

Elankat...ahh so that's who Murray is lol ;)

artdude
05-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Now that's what I call a DUDE!! Thanks for the portrait Petdevils :D:) If you narrowed the nose down a bit it would more like me :) You're bang on with the hair line though :) It recedes more and more each day!! :D Kudos to you for trying to do portrait work in ink. A tough thing to try, even for people who have some ink experience :D:)

Petdevils
05-18-2003, 12:25 PM
lol i dishonour your family by my inkery and still your kind....:) Your hair is nice and symmetrical, its a very cool strong feature you should be proud. Yeah the nose was the dodgiest bit i thought too.. i drew it first so that explains it. Thanks again.. bye

Originally posted by artdude
Now that's what I call a DUDE!! Thanks for the portrait Petdevils :D:) If you narrowed the nose down a bit it would more like me :) You're bang on with the hair line though :) It recedes more and more each day!! :D Kudos to you for trying to do portrait work in ink. A tough thing to try, even for people who have some ink experience :D:)

seejay
05-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Good attempts. If you aren't too sure of using ink, portraits may not be the best thing to try of course. Try subjects where getting a likeness isn't so essential; that way you can concentrate on the process more.

Whatever the subject, have fun, and do lots more!

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers

kare
05-18-2003, 11:00 PM
I think it's a great attempt for such a small image that you're working from!!

keep trying different styles!

Petdevils
05-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Howdy Seejay,

Yeah it was just a bit of fun for first lil drawing, don't worry im not sitting here pattin myself on the back ROFL. Not gonna do real portraiture for a while but i'll make a start :) Love your work, you and phil get into the bundy rum much or is that passe up there?

Originally posted by seejay
Good attempts. If you aren't too sure of using ink, portraits may not be the best thing to try of course. Try subjects where getting a likeness isn't so essential; that way you can concentrate on the process more.

Whatever the subject, have fun, and do lots more!

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Petdevils
05-19-2003, 02:37 AM
...my story is that i'm vision impaired with 68% braindamage... im im stickin with that story lol ;)

Originally posted by ciarrai
I think it's a great attempt for such a small image that you're working from!!

keep trying different styles!

Phillip
05-19-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Petdevils
Howdy Seejay,

Yeah it was just a bit of fun for first lil drawing, don't worry im not sitting here pattin myself on the back ROFL. Not gonna do real portraiture for a while but i'll make a start :) Love your work, you and phil get into the bundy rum much or is that passe up there?

LOL,

Nah don't drink much of the stuff,
Don't know about Seejay though.

:D