PDA

View Full Version : OT: Can you say SWEEEET victory!!!!?

Wingnut
05-17-2003, 06:52 PM
It's on to the Triple Crown!!!!! :clap: I'm so excited for Funny Cide I can hardly stand it! What a fantastic race! and what a crack up those owners are :D I love the whole goin' to Belmont in a lil' yellow school bus LOL!

crazeejumper
05-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Yeah!! I was ecstatic when he FLEW by the field and won by almost 10 lengths!!!! If he does it, he'll be the 1st winner in 25 years, just like Secretariat was in '73. (And they're both chestnuts!!!)

BlackHorseDesign
05-17-2003, 09:01 PM
Yes indeed! He just walked away an easy winner in that one. Although, he didn't really have much competition either.

The Belmont...they always bring out surprise horses for that one. To upset the Triple Crown bid. I do hope they get a Triple Crown this year. It's been too long!!!

RachelG*
05-18-2003, 12:03 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH i CANNOT believe i misesd it!!!!!! What happened?????? What about school buses? i HAVE to know!!:D

She-She
05-18-2003, 01:33 AM
I missed this too & the Derby, for the simple reason that I don't have cable or satelite & that's the only way to see the Triple Crown. Our Canadian Networks have cut back so much that what we used to get as Saturday Sports, we now get very little.

I did watch the latenight news & it showed Funny Cide winning, but I did't get to see the whole race. It would be nice to have a Triple Crown winner this year.

crazeejumper
05-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Hey, guys, go here: http://www.msnbc.com/news/HORSERACING_Front.asp?0dm=s---s and click on "Video: see funny cide's victory..." to see the whole race. It's a little blurry, but you'll know who's who pretty quickly.

Rachel, the Funny Cide posse went to the Derby in a yellow school bus b/c they didn't want to pay for a luxury motor coach. So they decided to do the same thing at Pimlico.

I think Funny Cide has a good chance b/c Belmont is his home track and he's undefeated there. Empire Maker might be a threat b/c he skipped the Preakness and has been training a lot better. Will have to wait 3 weeks to find out... The anticipation is killing me!

RachelG*
05-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks soo much for posting the link, CJ! i watched the video and it blew me away!!!! i heard he won by nine lenghts, but i didn't realize how GOOD the race was!!! my jaw was about to fall off. what a great race!!! thanks!!!!
On to the Belmont!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: