PDA

View Full Version : Daily Tail 05/16

Caron
05-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Good morninall!
Its overcast here and raining again and not a good start to our long weekend. I feel sorry for those planning the first camping trip of the year. Hopefully the weekend is suppose to shine so they say...
Havent been well lately. Besides being swamped with painting interfering with my time here, I came down with Shingles last week. Not a fun time!! Spent my Mothers Day in bed very sick:( :crying:
Oh well, enough crying.
I see lots of new faces here everytime I visit and some amazing work!! Cant get over how many horse people we have now!!!
Well, Im going to attempt some work today and hopefully accomplish something, try to post a comment or 2 and perhaps even post a piece of work I have shared...
Have a good one all!!

She-She
05-16-2003, 08:59 AM
HI Caron, & to all that come after,

Hope you are up & feeling like yer 'ol self again Caron. To be sick on Mother's Day....what a drag.

It is a dreary day here too. My day off & I was going to go out riding...guess that won't be happening today. :(

I have started a horse in CP's, so today would be a good day to work on it.

Our local art show is still going on. I have a couple of pieces in there. I'm getting some good comments on my "Garlic" piece that I did in colored pencil. My first one too, didn't turn out too bad. I still have to a take 'finished' picture of it. Will post it up soon.

Well that's all from me,
Happy Trails/tales

artcrazy
05-16-2003, 03:38 PM
hey everyone:

I haven't been around here much lately either. I have been cutting back on my internet time :eek: , on purpose, so I have more time for my horsies, some low key exercise, and sleep!! Baby wants lots of sleep, so I have no choice, really!

Haven't been painting much either, but I just sent out a huge mail order for 17 watercolor paints, a new brush, and some paper!!! yahoo!

Sorry to hear about your shingles, Caron, that really sucks! :( :mad: My sister gets that every so often, and is extremely enucomfortable to say the least. she now doesn't eat chocolate or nuts, as it has something in it which apparently tirggers flare ups in her.

Sheila I love your garlic piece!! I love the colors in it, I'm not surprised that you are getting such a good reaction from people. way to go!

Have a great weekend all!! It is beautiful here!! Sunny and "warm" - for here, anyway!!! I think tomorrow it is supposed to go up to 16 or 20 degrees. perfect! :clap:

Wingnut
05-16-2003, 04:13 PM
<-- *just scampering by... * :D

Hay peeps! *waves*

I'm still working on the farm hunt, so wish me luck but don't look for me anytime soon :rolleyes: I'll be old and grey by the time I find a home! Other than that things are just peachy :p now if the storms would just slow down a bit so the power will stay on! :mad:

Paul Hopkinson
05-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Hi all! It 1.00am here but seeing as though I have just got in from work I thought I'd use this days thread to give you a big HELLO!

I look after a Mansion House here in Devon that is staffed by over 150 people who I also look after single handed, so yep a very tiering and physical job!
I did do a little bit of painting at work later in the evening when all had gone home. Fortunately I am my own boss so after racing around to get all the jobs done and locked all of the 123 rooms, I sit in my office and continue working on another horse in watercolour. It's about three quarters of the way through so I should have it finished in a few days and then will be posting it.

Anyway time for my bed!

Night night,
Paul

She-She
05-17-2003, 04:22 AM
Hey Paul,
I finally took the time out to look at your website. Very nice!!

lorna12
05-17-2003, 04:41 AM
Hi all,

Caron, I hope you're feeling better soon. Shingles, yikes! Been there, done that, don't want it again! I feel for you.

It's miserable with rain and snow here,again ! I'm really getting sick of the blah weather. Enough already!!! I want some summer! It's supposed to do this into next week...I feel for the campers, too. I would be one of them if the weather would cooperate. Oh well, good time to stay in a paint!

Artcrazy, send us some of that sun, will you?

Enjoy the long weekend, best way you can, those of you who have one. Those of you that don't, enjoy anyway.

myorca
05-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Shingles.....yuck....I went through that back in the early 80's and it was NO fun at all. Took about 6 months to clear up and thankfully have not had another bout of it since.

Today should be a great day. I live in Michigan, and a friend of mine from Florida who I have known since junior high is showing her art up here this weekend. She does two shows in Michigan every year and it will be great to see her again. We had dated in high school, and we both worked for her dad painting billboards many moons ago. Her art really has taken off and she travels April through September here up north and heads back to her studio in Florida for the winter.
www.kiarlinda.com is her website. She does some pretty weird but really cool stuff with plexiglass. If you go to her site check out her house. That will give you a great idea of how wacky she is!! LOLOL!!!!!!!!
Today will also give me a feel of how this show is and will probably enter it next year if juried in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Bob