PDA

View Full Version : force and attraction

scandia3815
05-16-2003, 02:11 AM
Here is the sixth, and last in a series of geometric-centric abstract compositions.

I've have enjoyed working on this series, and have a few interesting ideas for going forward. The rest of the series can be found on my website:

http://scandia3815.home.att.net/paint/cont.html

Thanks to all you have given feedback on my previous 4 postings regarding this series! Your thoughts helped to encourage me to keep pushing through these iterations. :)

Aaron.

surreal
05-16-2003, 09:17 AM
It is an excellent nonobjective and minimalistic piece.

sciartist
05-16-2003, 09:26 AM
I have really enjoyed these. Can't wait to see where you go from here.

Nisha
05-16-2003, 10:22 AM
These are really good. Love the series. Such a joy to see work like this.
Simple, minimal, wonderful.

Nisha:D

amanda
05-16-2003, 12:24 PM
what a beautiful abstract. The shapes and colours are perfectly balanced to my eye.

marc
05-16-2003, 05:24 PM
This is a great series. Very Kandinsky, which is why I think I prefer "Composition II", because I don't remember seeing anything quite like that before, and at the same time it keeps the same feel as the others.

somerset
05-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by surreal
It is an excellent nonobjective and minimalistic piece.

with wonderful color choices

Adrienne
05-16-2003, 11:52 PM
This is a great addition to your series. I like it very much. It's strange how light this seems, as if it would only weigh about the equivalent of a feather if one was to actually pick up the physical painting. I think you've conveyed physical geometry in a whole new way, despite the similarity to Kandinsky, etc.

astronautf
05-17-2003, 03:23 AM
it has a nice vibe
astronautf

scandia3815
05-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks to all for the comments! :)

I liked how this series turned out, but by #6 I knew it was time to take a 'step to the left or right' and start a new series with the same ideas but a more developed purpose. My main concern to date has been to create a good sense of depth without the use of perspective (a composition sans representational elements) and an 'inhabitable picture space'-- meaning that the composition appears like a snapshot of a much larger world that continues beyond the boundries of the canvas. I think I have a good start on those two goals, but I am interested in creating compositions with more 'layers' (but still without any 3d objects or implied 3d perspective) and the use of more dynamic elements (freeform lines and shapes) to contrast the more traditional geometric shapes such as circles, squares and triangles. I'm taking a break for a few weeks to paint more figurative work (i.e. still life) but will hopefully get started on some new abstract work soon.

Aaron.