PDA

View Full Version : You may have already discovered this tip

msue
05-16-2003, 01:39 AM
You more experienced lino carvers may have already discovered this or another simple tip, but it is new to me. I'm always anxious to see what the print is going to look like, but I often carve late at night or grab a few minutes before work and don't have time to roll out ink and clean up. One day I noticed a watercolor crayon laying near and dampened it and rubbed it over my block. I got a quick print good enough to let me see if I was getting the results I envisioned. I then spritzed with water and wiped it dry so I could make adjustments to the image. I'm now thinking about going for a few finished prints using this method.

sassybird
05-17-2003, 06:46 AM
That is a great idea, msue. I never thought of that......lol

I'll give you a tip you may not be aware of too. To soften my lino I do one of two things depending on the season. In winter I put the lino on top of the heater vents for awhile, and during the summer I use the microwave for 30 seconds. The lino cuts like butter when softened.

I think that I will talk to Gisela about starting a stick for technique and tips. I know it would help a lot just beginning their printmaking experiences.