PDA

View Full Version : Lulu ( portrait )

ripvanblair
05-15-2003, 07:20 PM
I see the portrait project is full, sorry Lulu I didn't capture you properly but I'm going to try again------------Alan
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2003/3667-lulu_wc.jpg

Alan Cross
05-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi Alan to bad you didn't get in but oh well what you have done here is great I will let Auntie tell you more LOL
Alan :)

CharM
05-15-2003, 07:30 PM
It's an interesting pallette, Alan and you're pretty close... Is her chin a little more square in the ref? Can't decide about the dark lines though... I'm sure Fookie will be along to help!!!

tigre255
05-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Our dear Lulu.....not a bad protrait at all.......can't wait to see you do it again........

ripvanblair
05-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Thank you Alan just as well I can have another go I'm going to need it

Thank you CharM I don't know if it's her chin, or I think I've got her eyes to close together

Thank you Barbara I will try again many thanks for your support

Just before I go I decided to change this one a lttle, I think it helps, but still not right
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2003/3667-Lulu_2_wc.jpg

artmom
05-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Alan, very pleasant color--Fookie will let you know how you have done LOL

artijan
05-16-2003, 12:13 AM
I like the way you've done her hair, Alan. There is something about her eyes that bothers me but having never done a portrait, I can't really offer much help.

Jan

Rod
05-16-2003, 12:29 AM
I like the hair rendering and the skin tones,

I think the eyes are a little too deep , think the width and position are ok,

Rod.

Olga
05-16-2003, 02:30 AM
You are getting better with each one of these portraits you do. I think the likeness is definitely there.

MY quibble is with the outlines--they are really not necessary, tone differences between the shapes and planes should do it.

Looking forward to more

Olga

ripvanblair
05-16-2003, 03:19 AM
Thanks Artmom nice of you to comment

Thank you Jan I know what you mean about the eyes

Thanks Rod I think you might have hit the nail on the head I'm going to start another one

Thank you Olga I'm beginning to understand some of the complexities of portraits and I know what you mean about outlines, I'm going to do another one of you and Lulu--------------Alan

ripvanblair
05-16-2003, 06:54 AM
I've taken your advice , I've softened the hard lines, and I've taken some of the shadow away from the eyes, still got a wat to go, I'll leave this one now before I waste it altogether-thanks for all your advice---------Alan

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-May-2003/3667-Lulu_3_wc.jpg

Lulu
05-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Another Lulu! there are quite a few variations - in the oil portrait project as well. I tried it and gave myself a face-lift! lol

I really like the way you've done the hair and skin Alan.
I look forward to your next try:)

taghera
05-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Alan...you've made her awwwwwwway tooooooo good looking....catch yourself on man....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
05-16-2003, 09:34 PM
This is really good Alan!! You really improved on this. .. really looks like Lulu! :) :clap: :clap:

pampe
05-16-2003, 10:20 PM
nice work, First Alan

Good to see you stretching your artistic muscles

prairie painter
05-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Her eyes look positively luminescent now! I like how soft this looks, and how friendly her expression is. Very nice:clap:

ripvanblair
05-17-2003, 05:18 AM
Thank you very much Lulu, I'm still a bit nervous on the portrait side of things, not sure how people will react, however it seems to be favourable so I'll definitely try again.

Hi Hugh glad to hear from you still winding people up I see, I'm still on a steep learning curve with the portraits, thanks very much

Thank you very much Patty, I'm determined to keep improving these portraits

Thank you very much Pam, it's sounds like an old cliche, but I'm learning something everyday, I like your more darks cartoon

Thank you very much Prairie painter

As I've said I'm determined to improve the portraits-------thanks for all your advice-----Alan

Gia
05-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Hi Alan,
wow, how you are developing your portrait skills, wonderful.

This is very expressive because of the lines, still I think the lines
under the eyes are a bit too strong, my advice would be to add
more shadows around the eyes, think of them as two spheres.
You are really doing fine!:)

ripvanblair
05-19-2003, 02:55 AM
Thanks very much Gia, I feel a lot more comfortable with portraits now thanks to your advice and my other friends here at wet canvas---------Alan