PDA

View Full Version : check out my referance image library!

echidna
05-15-2003, 05:18 PM
i just uploaded some pictures to the referance library! take a peek. contains many cute cat and horse pictures, amongst other things. i will be adding more eventually! *caution:this gallery contains an image of me. please view responsably.
~Echidna
http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?ppuser=20929&cat=500&thumb=1

ironhorse
05-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Great pics Echidna!
Did you actually go to Holland. I like both the windmill pic and the canal pic!
Pooka is a scream too!
Twyla

BTW how do you pronounce your name??

echidna
05-15-2003, 07:08 PM
thanks twyla! yeah, i did really go to holland a couple years ago. it's absolutely beautiful there! wasn't tulip season, tho. i have lots of family over there, so it was a vacation and a reunion at the same time! pooka was the greatest hamster ever. she would always pack her cheeks full of food until she looked like a football player:p
echidna is pronounced E-kid-na. they're an animal native to australia- one of two egg-laying mammals, the other being the duck billed platypus. i'll post a pic!
~E.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2003/20929-echidna.gif

JenCorwin1
05-15-2003, 07:26 PM
I love all of your pictures, especially the bunny.:)

And I love echidnas. They're definitely one of the most interesting mammals.:)

She-She
05-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Echidna,
These are awsome photos. Some of my faves are
. 5 himalayan kittens
. dutch windmills
. Pooka, just becuz she looks cute

The orcas remind me of my time spent in San Diego at Sea World 21 years ago. I got to pet a baby killer whale. It was a wierd feeling....like wet rubber. :eek:

If you don't mind I put the dolphin photo in "My Favorites" I would like to paint it some time. (or at least try to anyway. I have never painted something in water before)

I also left a comment on Jasmine. A beautiful cat!!

Lampburke
05-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Terrific photos, lots of artistic inspiration there!

echidna
05-16-2003, 01:12 AM
thanks jen, she-she, and lampburke!
she-she: you (and everyone else!) are welcome to use any pics you want! the water is the main thing that scares me about the dolphin and whale pics too. maybe some day i'll get brave and try it:D
as for the kitties, i know i have tons of better photos somewhere. my mom bred persians for several years, so i got to see a lot of births growing up and got to play with lots of babies! we bred mostly himalayans (we still have the momma cat- i'll post a pic of her when i find a good one) and we had another female who was supposed to be a chinchilla silver, like jasmine, but she threw all sorts of colors, so she wasn't purebred. we tried to breed jasmine, my baby, but she never got preggers. go figure! we still get christmas cards from some of the people who bought our cats (with photos, of course!)
~E.

crazeejumper
05-16-2003, 06:53 AM
OMG, the kitties are sooo cute!! I have to paint them! :D

RachelG*
05-16-2003, 09:55 AM
These are great!!! i love the dolphin one!!! and, of course, the Pooka one! i had a hamster once....but she had a weird disease or something...she would rear up on her hind legs and hiss at you. then she ran away repeatedly...then (so we think) she committed suicide, by jumping off of her wheel. she was odd.....but YOUR hamster is soooooo cuuute!!!
Those echidnas..are they related to hedgehogs? do you know where they get that nose from? i've never heard of these animals before...they're very interesting!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing your pics with us! they're all wonderful!

echidna
05-16-2003, 12:54 PM
rachel- echidnas are form the order Monotremata, or egg laying mammals. the only other member of this order is the duck-billed platypus. they live only in australia. echidnas are also known as "spiny anteaters" because their long snout is used to reach into termite burrows and lick up the bugs with their sticky tongues. the long-beaked echidna eats mainly worms. they are not very closely related to hedgehogs, which are another of my favorite animals:p , even though they look similar.
~E.