PDA

View Full Version : Safely Past

Alan Cross
05-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Ok here is the third fishing boat one I have just finshed also wet on wet and a full sheet 22 X 30 on bockingford paper.
Comments always welcome...
Alan :)

PS already sold and the gray bit at the bottem is not part of the painting I didnt' crop it enough.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2003/13186-Safely_Past.jpg

babybrush
05-15-2003, 04:18 PM
gorgeous. do these sell locally for the most part or do you sell them on line?

Bethany

painterbear
05-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Another beauty, Alan. I really like the blues you are using in these paintings. The misty area beyond the landmass is very effective here.

I like the land and trees and the detailed boat against the stormy sky and choppy waves. Very nicely done.

artmom
05-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Another excellent painting!

karenjh
05-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Gorgeous! Your sky is so interesting and the rocky shore, the waves the boat - just lovely! (As Usual)

bswilson1147
05-15-2003, 04:37 PM
This is wonderful Alan. I love the detail in the area of the boat.

Strawberry Wine
05-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Alan : Beautiful blues in your sky. I admire the detail in the fishing boats in all 3 paintings.

Gail

lyn lynch
05-15-2003, 04:44 PM
I like it too. The landscape bits I really love. The sky reminds me of puffs from train engine when I was a small girl; just couldn't resist sharing that memory. LOL

bluesrbest
05-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Alan - what do I like about this painting? The looseness of the sky and sea, the details in the boats, the colors you've used throughout...in fact, everything! This painting conveys a feeling of bravery - that little fishing boat will make it through the storm and home with her catch! Bet she has a mighty good captain guiding her onward!
Beautiful!
______
Rhonda
:cat:

mhimeswc
05-15-2003, 05:06 PM
All three of these boat paintings are beautiful, Alan. I love your skies.

Michelle

M.A.
05-15-2003, 05:53 PM
Another beautiful painting Alan.

Barb.. betcha thought you were starting a new thread lol.

Alan Cross
05-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Bethany thanks for looking in most of my sales are local I have sold about 15 on the net through my web site but none on ebay.

Sylvia thanks I think you said you liiked it all :)

Lyn Thanks for looking in...

Karen I really like those kind of skys...thanks

Betty yes I put all the details in the boats the rest if as loose as I can get it....

Thanks Gail glad you like my boats...

Auntie glad to bring back that childhood memory thanks!

Rhonda thanks I like your little story about the boat...

Michelle Thanks me too!!

Mary-Ann thanks our boats a just a bit different then yours!

Nandie
05-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Another stunner, Alan!:)

tigre255
05-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Another one of your great paintings. Love the movement that you get in them.......and the bright colours.....very appealing.......

taghera
05-15-2003, 07:09 PM
WOW Alan...another excellent one...:)

Alan Cross
05-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Andrea Thanks! ;)

Barb also thanks for looking in and commenting...

Tag Thanks for the WOW!

Bubba's Mama
05-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Alan, this is so incredibly wonderful.

Your sky is just nifty. I like theprior reference to puffs of smoke from a train. And the detail on theboat is so beautifully done. I am not at all surprised it is already sold!!

Susan

CharM
05-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Feel like I should talk in bucaneer-speak... you know... 'aare she blouws matey!

This has been a very enjoyable series Alan! I have liked every one of them... They each have their own special qualities that make them uniquely your style... I like the splashy waves in this one and the dark sky speaks for itself...

Alan Cross
05-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by dfwmdesigns
Alan, this is so incredibly wonderful.

Your sky is just nifty. I like theprior reference to puffs of smoke from a train. And the detail on theboat is so beautifully done. I am not at all surprised it is already sold!!

Susan

Thanks Susan yes I like Aunties comments also.....

Char yes you do need to do the bucaneer talk LOL thanks for looking in!

Phillip
05-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Alan I can see why your selling all your paintings, they are awsome.
Wouldn't mind buying one of you one day.

The only sugestion I can think of is, Frame it.

Which no doubt you already have.

:D

Alan Cross
05-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Phillip
Alan I can see why your selling all your paintings, they are awsome.
Wouldn't mind buying one of you one day.

The only sugestion I can think of is, Frame it.

Which no doubt you already have.

:D

THanks very nice of you to say......I appreaciate that you like my work that much!!

rapolina
05-16-2003, 05:15 AM
beautiful! the sky is impressive!
ciao, rapolina.

ripvanblair
05-16-2003, 05:21 AM
Excellent work Alan although I don't fancy sailing much in some of your paintings, looks like a lot of weather coming in:rolleyes: -----------well done---------Alan

Kate Mc
05-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Alan, this is magnificent.

Did you know that if you turn your head to the right, there is a really scary face in the clouds? DOOOdoooDOOOdooo. It looks like it's ready to blow that boat right away.

Great work. Thanks for posting it.

Kate

Uschi
05-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Beautiful Alan, as were the others. I am happy for you that this art venture has become such a success for you - and well deserved!!!!
Uschi

matingara
05-16-2003, 09:58 AM
I must admit. When I saw the first of these I was unsure if I liked the oreder and detail of the boat(s) with the looseness of sea, sky and landscape.

But, I think that was just the first of the three that I viewed. This one I am much more comfortable with. I think the man-made element is "crisp and contrived". The natural part is "wild and uncontrollable". That in itself makes a statement to me.

So in the end i give it two thumbs up!!! (One thumb is possum-injured tonight).......

In fact - I give it better than two thumbs up - I give it two ears and a tail as well.......

:)

Joel.

matingara
05-16-2003, 09:59 AM
I meant "crisp and controlled" not "crisp and contrived". My bad.

els
05-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Another winner... Congrats on the sale...

jkook
05-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Alan, your paintings are always so crisp and clean looking !! I guess painting with confidence helps ?? I noticed you used Bockingford paper ? I just bought some and don't like it . I guess I need to go back and try again ? I mean if it's good enough for the professionals > well................back to the drawing boards.
Your paintings are great . I wish I could afford one.
Jim

Alan Cross
05-16-2003, 12:16 PM
rapolina thanks yes I am fond of those skys also...

Alan you got that right! I also don't want to be anywhere near them in those storms!

Hi Kate and yes it kind of looks like one of those fluffy big dogs...thanks for the comments...

Uschi thanks very much!

matingara LOL thanks for all the body parts up!! watch out for those possum's they bite :eek: LOL the meaning can sure change with the wrong word eh?

Thanks Els for looking and commenting...

Alan Cross
05-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by jkook
Alan, your paintings are always so crisp and clean looking !! I guess painting with confidence helps ?? I noticed you used Bockingford paper ? I just bought some and don't like it . I guess I need to go back and try again ? I mean if it's good enough for the professionals > well................back to the drawing boards.
Your paintings are great . I wish I could afford one.
Jim

Thanks Jim sorry we cross posted.....yes I also didnt' like the paper at first but bought 50 sheets so by the time I got through it I liiked it for different resons.....keep working with it you also might grow to like it....not very good if you have to do much masking as its a soft paper and tears easy.

Annetta
05-16-2003, 12:47 PM
....YOU GO GUY!! :D Another gorgeous painting and also sold!! Wow!! :clap: :clap:

Gilberte
05-16-2003, 01:39 PM
What can I add ... nothing !
So CONGRATULATIONS !

Alan Cross
05-17-2003, 02:24 AM
Annetta and Gilberte thanks to both of you I apppreaciate it a bunch!