PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Lowcountry Plen Aire

AndreaPaints
05-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Here's something I started last Saturday while sitting at a picnic bench at the edge of the marsh just outside of Charleston. What a peaceful afternoon that was! Great Breezes! I finished it this morning in my home studio. Comments? Critiques are welcome and much appreciated!

Andrea in Charleston

babybrush
05-15-2003, 12:55 PM
gorgeous. very marshy. like your lively colors

Bethany

minov
05-15-2003, 01:00 PM
love the water and the sky....very nice!

M.

hopefulbucky
05-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Lovely painting, looks nice and warm and summery there in Charleston already.

Gets me in the mood as we are having a reunion on the Isle of Palms this summer and I am so looking forward to being able to photograph Charleston streets and outer areas for painting later. Plan to take my paints but we will see with the grandchildren around how much time I end up having (that means uninterrupted without little fingers in my paints) :rolleyes:

Beautiful soft greens, like your style.

Gilberte
05-15-2003, 02:08 PM
very nice variation of greens !

artmom
05-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Definitely looks like the Low Country. IMO, however, you could use a few darks in the water in the foreground, particularly at the bottom right hand of the painting. I think that would really make the other colors stand out.

Lady Carol
05-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by artmom
IMO, however, you could use a few darks in the water in the foreground, particularly at the bottom right hand of the painting. I think that would really make the other colors stand out. Agreed. Lovely painting otherwise.