PDA

View Full Version : St Tropez

somerset
05-15-2003, 05:54 AM
Never been there, hope to see it before I check out. Is this a little too tropical for the Mediterranean? Maybe a title in the Caribbean would be more appropriate. Could not find a place for the Sun, of all things. All comments welcomed.

Photsoshop Elements 2

Adrienne
05-15-2003, 06:44 AM
I don't have any answers for the questions you posed, having never visited either area. :crying: But I really like the flavor of the image. I like the layers and terrace feel, and the colors, and the sort of chaos of it all. Neat!!!

Edited to say that the sun is very much there in the best way --> the way you lit your piece... very nicely done.

rapolina
05-15-2003, 07:59 AM
ciao somerset!
i went to st.tropez last february, but IMHO i don't think your picture recalls it too much. the dominant colors of mediterranean place are blue, green and often yellow. concerning the chaos, you're right instead.
unfortunately, i've never been in caribbean places :(

anyway, I like it!

ciao, rapolina.:cat:

surreal
05-15-2003, 09:22 AM
It's a very strong piece.
I love your use of texture and contrast.
The composition is great!
:D

It looks like a cityscape to me.

I have never visited the places you mentioned.
:(

Dahzl
05-15-2003, 09:53 AM
This piece has a very Sunny, holiday, busy, musical feel to me if that makes any sense. -- the holiday feel is there in your image- not necessarily any particular place- Tropical islands also have strong blues, greens and yellows - if we are talking colors.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that your image portrays to me more of ' A Sense Of '

It works!! :D

Lovely somerset!!

Cheers Dahzl :D

somerset
05-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Adrienne...thanks. Mood & atmosphere are always the primary
targets. Much more so than anything else for me. The
extreme lights/darks became the Sun substitute. Glad
it worked for you.

rapolina....ahh, such envy. Glad you like it, thanks for stopping to
comment.

surreal...thank you. The 'ramped up' contrast was my cheat and
comp? Thanks!!

Dahzl... thanks for stopping & liking while beset by cyclones.

I guess I should re-title this, but I am at a loss right now.

Adrienne
05-16-2003, 06:03 AM
"I guess I should re-title this, but I am at a loss right now."
"Terraced Port"

"Sun Clouds Over Villas"

"Sun Terraces"

"Italian Island" (?????)

"At Home Among Strangers"

somerset
05-16-2003, 10:25 AM
Adrienne!! Thank you. Leaning towards 'Terraced Port' at the moment although 'Sun Clouds Over Villas' is interesting too.
Muchas Gracias.

Adrienne
05-16-2003, 06:03 PM
"Italian Sun"

"Island Sun"

"Terraced Sun"

"Life in Terraced Sunshine"

somerset
05-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Now don't go confusin' me with choices. I am a baby boomer, which means in the none too distant future (dang!) most everyones tax $$$ are going to support me. Isn't that great! I have about 2 hours of lucid thought per day.
I was just beginning to get my arms around "Sun Terraces".

Adrienne
05-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Sorry for going overboard. :D And you're about an hour and a half ahead of me each day in the realm of lucid thought. ;)

:D :D :D