PDA

View Full Version : Flags painting done!

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Yipee!

the flags painting is done! i am so glad it is done too! i decided i am never painting this again though:)
once was enough-twice was too much :p

Sarah

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2003/16927-Flags.jpg

artmom
05-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Congratulations! It's wonderful!!

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 09:08 PM
thanks Lyn!
i am so happy it is done! it is a commission so i am really hoping they will be happy with it too :)
i am ready to start painting poppies :clap: :clap:
there are so many buds and one is ready to pop in my mom's garden

Sarah

Annetta
05-14-2003, 09:17 PM
What beauty and detail. Wonderful!! :clap: :clap:

I bet you'd paint it again if the price was right :evil: ;)

M.A.
05-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Congrats!

al22
05-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Nice job Sarah.......I salute you!
........al

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 09:36 PM
thanks Fun:)

thanks Annetta :)
i really can't do this painting again...i almost messed the whole painting up. it really stressed me too.

it will go to the framer tomorrow.

Sarah

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 09:38 PM
thanks Al:)

maybe we can show this painting to Emilie's nephew who just got back from Iraq? it can be a salute to his courage :)
oh, the new (?) hat you are wearing is cool! are you sure it isn't for sale :p
Sarah

Strawberry Wine
05-14-2003, 09:42 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sarah. The buildings were wonderful but those flags; Oh MY Gosh" Fantastic!!!!

Next time I want a flag painted, I will send the painting to you and I will add the credit Flags by Sarahturtle. LOL

Wonderful, I am sure the buyers will be thrilled.

Gail

chookbrown
05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Really lovely Sarah... great job.

Chooky :D:D:D

jkook
05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Way to hang in the there Sarah ! I like the painting but I guess I'm not destine for an original ?
Jim

mhimeswc
05-14-2003, 09:47 PM
This is terrific Sara. I'm glad you painted it twice, since I missed the first one. I know how you feel about not wanting to ever paint it again. I have never enjoyed doing a painting a second time, and my second never comes out as good as the first.

All those flags make a pretty impressive sight.

Michelle

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 09:48 PM
thanks Gail :)
it was a fun painting the first time. this time, it was more difficult to get through for some reason. i was determined to get it done tonight though.
it is going to be a father's day gift for a student in my watercolor class. she saw my exhibit in March and he wanted that painting but it was sold. they commissioned me to do it again so i agreed.

i hope that the buyer wil be happy. i called her tonight to tell her it was done and offered the chance to see it before it was framed. she was sure it was fine. i really hope they do like it!

if the flags are multicolored, i would tell you how to do it. would that be good? it really wasn't hard though because i masked the stars with my masking pen, did a wash of cerulean and winsor blue. the red stripes are just aliz crimson and the shadows are paynes gray.

thanks Chooky!

Sarah

karenjh
05-14-2003, 09:54 PM
Great job!

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 09:55 PM
thanks Karen :D

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 09:58 PM
thanks Michelle
the first one had more flags in it, actually. i wanted to modify it so it was not exactly like the first one.
i like to move forward too. i first painted the painting 2 years ago.
thanks Jim :D
i just don't have it in me to do this one again :rolleyes:

i changed my title here? i am a veteran? i guess thats a good thing :p

yahooserious
05-14-2003, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Turtle33

maybe we can show this painting to Emilie's nephew who just got back from Iraq? it can be a salute to his courage :)

Thanks Sarah, what a wonderful thought!!...I'll email a copy to him tomorrow, if that's ok....Had a long day with grandson Nick on the movie set, so I'll wait till my brain is more alive..

Love the flags...

Emilie

Turtle33
05-14-2003, 10:05 PM
hi Emilie!
yes, please send him a copy of the painting!
i hope you have a good day tomorrow!

thanks!

Sarah

CharM
05-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Way to go Sarah! I knew all along that you'd finish this beautifully! And you did! Your client will be very, very pleased!

Nandie
05-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Just stunning, Sarah!! Thanks for sharing and telling us the colors you used.:clap: :clap:

lyn lynch
05-15-2003, 02:15 AM
Jeebus that's beautiful! Jaw droppin' for sure.
OBviously client will love it so just get that feather out of your brain. Better also for client to see it for the first time when matted and framed. Ready to go home.
Jeebus, just incredible work.
Gob-smacked, as Maddie would say.
I think I have to buy a painting from you before your prices go into the 4 figures.

Sher
05-15-2003, 02:22 AM
Your flags painting is so beautiful! I can understand your not wanting to paint it again though. Those flags look difficult. You are goooood!

Kate Mc
05-15-2003, 02:24 AM
OOOOOOOOHHH! I love it!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kate

madmum
05-15-2003, 03:15 AM
Wonderful, Sarah! :clap:

Gob-smacked, as Maddie would say.
LOL Auntie! :D

I know exactly how you feel about painting a subject twice, it's hard to develop any passion after the first time. I was asked to paint a half sheet size of the shells (from Em's photo's) but was putting it off. I persuaded my friend that a different reference would be better, so it won't be such a chore for me!

Ruth

Yorky
05-15-2003, 06:25 AM
Wonderful!

So much attention to detail!

Doug

painterbear
05-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Hi Sarah,

Terrific painting, very inspirational. I can see why you are done with this particular image though. There is so much detail here, the first time you painted it was probably exciting because of the challenge. The second time, it was a lot of detail to get done, not so much a challenge (you had already met that).

Read an article in Watercolor Magic website just yesterday. One of the artists was saying she always paints a subject twice. As soon as she finishes a painting, she immediately begins a new version of it. Claims her second version is always looser and better. I'm not sure I'd want to do that myself.

bswilson1147
05-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Classic and classy! Love it! What wonderful detail!:clap: :clap: :clap:

els
05-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Congratulations Sarah, it's terrific!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Darren
05-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Sarah, beautiful work!!! Your work is always so impressive.

How's about a row of flags from the UN?--all the different countries would be quite a challenge. Start a bidding war between the countries to buy it, maybe a whole series where a particular country is the focus, an entire career painting flags....think of it...MADNESS!

darren

gealflings
05-15-2003, 09:36 AM
wow, sarah, this is teriffic...Congrats! I can't even fathom painting all those stripes, so I definitely applaud you for your durability!!! :D

Turtle33
05-15-2003, 04:32 PM
thanks Gealflings. the stripes were that tedious but there were so many!
thanks Darren :D i am not sure i am ready for another flags painting but maybe some day. the UN flags are an idea but i do have a picture from the same spot of all the Rockefeller center country's flags.
thanks Els and B
thanks Sylvia:) :)
it was fun to paint the first time but now, it was more tedious and all i wanted to do was move on to a new painting :)
i tried painting subjects twice but i always failed.
thanks Doug:D
thanks Ruth! i just like to move on and i decided i am going to paint another fish painting! everyone really seems to like them so i have it drawn already :)
thanks Kate and Sher
Thanks Nandie :D
Hi Auntie Fookie :D
i really hope they like the painting! i did this differently from the first one and i think my colors varied. it is brighter than the first one. it was taken to be framed today so it will probably a couple weeks.
i doubt my paintings will ever be 4 figures! that is funny!

yahooserious
05-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi Sarah...I sent the flag painting to George...His mail quota is full, which doesn't surprise me...He stays pretty busy...I'll try again later.

Emilie

Uschi
05-15-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!!!!
Sarah, just beautiful, I can almost see them moving in the breeze!!!
I really hope you are getting top class photos of these wonderful pieces of art in case you want to reproduce later.
Uschi

Turtle33
05-15-2003, 07:43 PM
thanks Uschi :D

i really don't want to have any prints of this painting. 2 originals are enough. maybe i will paint more flags some day but it will be of all the Country's flags at the center in NY.

Sarah