PDA

View Full Version : morning pages

debi-d
05-14-2003, 06:03 PM
last week I made an entry into my morning pages and didnt put my book away. YOu know how your little voice says put the book away but no! I didnt listen.
Some of the things I wrote in my morning pages were about my husband and how he can bug me, how I dislike his moustache and I dont like the way he talks to the kids. etc etc.
I also wrote how I have been attracted to someone other than him. * Im blushing now*, about my dreams and fantasys etc.

My husband has been off work sic for several months now and is starting to go stir crazy but here is the best part

Last week he picks me up from work and starts asking me all these really intense questions, finally he spills the beans, he has read my morning pages.

He wants to know if I am having an affair, etc, * no Im not*, he has shaved his moustache , told the kids every morning he loves them, and is really trying hard to communicate with us.

So Im thinking I should write I want to travel the world and see where it takes me. :) but as a word of warning Lock up your morning pages....
debi

Koert
05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
lol
well i'm glad this turned out somewhat ok for you

pastelist
06-15-2003, 04:50 PM
I have found that the morning pages are good for your mind. I have been doing them and describing my frustrations of the day. The words don't talk back and hears only your side and agrees with you too. I found it lets me vent and relax. I am then open-minded to paint.

:cat:

CarlyHardy
06-16-2003, 06:16 PM
Since I didn't want to go back and read my morning pages...when I wrote them!...I simply shredded them after I wrote them! LOL That way I knew I was really writing with abandonment and not thinking "what if someone ever reads this stuff"!

carly

pastelist
06-17-2003, 11:43 AM
I never read or go back on my morning pages either. I have begun to shred them as well. I have written things on those pages I don't want to share with peeking eyes. It is a great excercise to unload garbage in your head and for that I am thankful.

:clap:

debi-d
06-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I was angry that he would go through my stuff and read my mp, my little voice warned me to put the book away, did I listen .....nooo I tempted fate. On the upside there was a great deal of raw emotion in my mp, somedays my cup ranneth over in my I really dislike when he does this or talks to the kids the way he does, etc. The change has been wonderful, although my son says its "like our dad has been spirited away and replaced by nice guy", he is talking to the kids, spending time with us as a family. In whole he has been replaced by a kinder gentler Jon.
so it was all for the best, as talking was nagging and he just wasnt hearing what I was saying. Reading it just brought it home, there is power in the written word :angel:
deb

DanaT
06-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Hi deb. It looks like you didn't make a mistake then. But you're right, its better to be careful with the pages.