PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished unicorn

adavesseth
05-14-2003, 12:08 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-14-2003/21977_unicunfinished.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Unfinished unicorn
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: size A3
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Ok, first post in this forum... Hello :)
This is the piece I'm currently working on. I'm quite new to acrylic, so call it an attempt.
So all critique welcomed, espetially to the way of painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Problem: I like the background, but when I started in the foreground, everything seemed to go wrong. I don't have a clue how to paint the surface underneath the unicorn, and the bushes seem.. well, not like bushes :)
Questions will be: What will I do next? and how am I going to paint the foreground? Suggestions welcomed

pero lane
05-14-2003, 01:31 PM
I think this may post twice...:confused:
I think you're off to a great start! As an acrylic painter, I love the versatality they offer. You can water them down like watercolors or straight from the tube like impasto, or somewhere in between!
I suggest that you continue to lay in your unicorn & then you'll be able to see what areas need more attention. You can darken or lift out lights as needed. This is the way I work, everyone has their own way!
I also suggest that you continue the work in the soft watercolor way ,as it fits the subject matter.
Hang in there & please don't give up on acrylics! After you figure out all that can be achieved with them you'll love them too! Keep us posted on how it's going. We're all here to help each other & there are some extremely talented people here that can help you more than I! Keep at it!

PS...the bushes are fine.

adavesseth
05-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the comment, pero lane!

I'll try to do the horse first, as you suggested. Suppose I will post it again then

^~^ adavesseth