PDA

View Full Version : Search for New Ideas

bswilson1147
05-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Let's see what the washers think about new ideas.

coffee_girl3000
05-14-2003, 10:28 AM
I try out new things a lot, since I'm still a beginner. Some techniques I really like and use are a motherwash a la Pampe, a colour glazing pattern that I once read about on the web and using salt (though not too good with that).

babybrush
05-14-2003, 10:35 AM
i seem to learn something with every new painting i do even if it is just how to work with the kind of paper i'm using. like with Arches 140# hot press, you have to prewet the paper to get a smooth wash because it absorbs color very quickly.

Bethany

rapolina
05-14-2003, 10:37 AM
i get bored very soon... i can neither re-do a painting...
even techniques, i very often try new, also new materials... now i'm trying ink+watercolor.
i like painting with a lot of water, wet on wet, spry and so on, and they give new results every time.
I usually start and then decide how to go on...

thank you for this poll, it is very interesting!
ciao, rapolina.:cat:

CharM
05-14-2003, 10:50 AM
I am learning new things every day... I like to try to emulate those artists' techniques whom I admire... I like to stretch just a little because it keeps me challenged... I don't always succeed... But the lessons learned along the way are valuable...

tigre255
05-14-2003, 12:32 PM
I voted that I enjoy trying new things out ........get bored easy so have to keep the old mine fresh.......:D

Nitsa
05-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Still very new to watercolour so I try to challenge myself with something new each time I paint.
Little things, probably unoticable to others such as trying a different b/g technique or colour or working wet in wet or from my imagination or without masking.
I tamper with moods alot, trying to portray them in my piece, I know this is the "one" thing that makes me stop and stare at someone elses work is the mood of the piece, so I work on that when I can.
I hate to be beaten and I think that is the motivation that inspires me to keep challenging and keep painting! ;)

Little Old Lady
05-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Always open to something new.
JoAnn

Clasje
05-14-2003, 09:19 PM
I enjoy trying out new things. That's the only way to learn. And one is never to old to learn LOL.

Clasje:)

karenjh
05-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Since I've only been painting about a year just about everything seems new to me. So much to learn!

Bill J
05-16-2003, 10:47 PM
When it's not new and fun I'll try something else--W C has been very challenging to me as well as rewarding.

bill

Rod
05-17-2003, 03:34 AM
Always exploring for new techniques and textures,

thats the beauty of watercolour , its never really fully mastered ,

it always keeps suprising us and stimulating our creative side,

Rod.