PDA

View Full Version : Ink - Classic Sixties

kare
05-14-2003, 03:08 AM
Quick sketch, based on my reflection in the mirror.. I added a sixties hairstyle.

what do you think?

"Classic Sixties" ink, May 14, 2003.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2003/18486-classic_sixties.jpg

Jakeally
05-14-2003, 05:50 AM
Very good Ciarrai.... the alice band brings back so many memories:D
What size pen are you using?

kare
05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
jakelly :)
thankyou for replying :) my mam actually thinks that the initial face looks like me, but with the additional hair and aliceband, she was blushing because she thought it looks alot like her when she was my age..

i'm glad i caught that era. my mam certainly thinks those times are unforgetable! :)

artdude
05-14-2003, 09:17 AM
You're getting better with each pen sketch you post!! WAY TO GO!! :D Keep at it!! What type of pen do you use for your sketching?

:clap: :cat: :clap:

slatter
05-14-2003, 10:17 AM
Ciarrai,

I like the sixties hair style. I guess that dates me back with your mam.

Jerry

kare
05-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Hello again :)
i can't recall what pen size i am using on nibs lately.. i will post the sizes up on my next post.. the thickest lines are simply smudged with the tip of my fingers, an effect i think many use.. right??? :s

:D thanks for posting here.. i will get back to you on the pen size!!
ciarrai

drwells
05-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Nice fun liines. Full of energy. :)

Danny

kare
05-14-2003, 07:12 PM
i was expecting eyes and nose to come out all over the place considering i glanced at the paper every once in a while just for a few seconds .. kind of suprised myself with proportions, though i wasn't really worried about it.. the idea was just to have some fun and add some imagination.

thanks for looking here!
ciarrai :)

s-augustson
05-16-2003, 09:20 PM
I really like this one Ciarrai! Explore more in this area.
Do another to go with this with a hippie look, the flowers in the hair sort of thing. Heck you could do a few and keep changing the hair styles, even go with some color on a few. I think that would be neat.

I can't think of the artist name, but when I was in highschool I had a book I found at the library of his with pen & ink drawings. This reminds me of his type of style. he had some off the wall stuff though. One was of a woman and her skin unzipped so she could hang it up at night.

seejay
05-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Nice pic, ciarrai!

I like the style of this one...

Cheers