PDA

View Full Version : Yet another archetype - Taurus

gealflings
05-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Hello again all - still painting my hands into bloody stumps over here.. hehehe.. Here is the 3rd archetype - Taurus, the Artist-Priestess. I made her staff as a huge paintbrush (which may be hard to see in this scan - my scanner and I are still battling), and, in my eyes, she's painting the universe.. The top frame is the sign for taurus, and I put the sun beams as there are many myths about taurus holding the sun between his horns, chasing it across the sky, etc... The bottom is made up of leaves and sky to represent earth. whew. Thanks for looking!! :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2003/21223-artistpriestess.jpg

lyn lynch
05-14-2003, 12:54 AM
My friend that I loved the best is a Taurus, such fun personality.

Now I love your concept. I think your drawing very good. I like her staff as brush. I like her hair. I like all that stuff, but I do not like the painting she is doing with her staff. I wish this to be very clear glazes of colors so bits and pieces of different colors will show--this is what I believe of the Taurus personality, so that why my opinion. And very earthy, too, so leaves, etc. is great.

Alan Cross
05-14-2003, 01:07 AM
Another great one....still waiting for mine :D
Alan :)

gealflings
05-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Fookie: Thank you thank you.. :) My scanner is the bane of my existence..heheh.. Here is a picture I snapped yesterday before I had finished everything, but the colors are a lot closer to life:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2003/21223-priestess.jpg

I don't know if that's any closer to what you're talking about or not.. :D

Alan: Thank you!! :) Aquarius, eh? Maybe I'll do that one next... :D

Annetta
05-14-2003, 08:44 AM
...do Sagi next!! pweez, pweez!! :D

Intersting paintings and style geaf....Do you ever use any ink? Looking forward to the next one :clap:

Little Old Lady
05-14-2003, 08:49 AM
Great. My father, husband an brother were Taurus. Why was I expecing a Bull. I will be waiting for Pisces.
JoAnn

CharM
05-14-2003, 09:22 AM
I, too, am enjoying this series... you'll have to continue bloodying those little stumps of yours!!! LOL... I had thought the same thing as Fookie about the dark colours coming from her staff... I absolutely love her hair and the leafy/viney things in the bottom panel... Waiting for Leo...

gealflings
05-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Meep! Now I don't know WHICH one to do next.. LOL

Annetta: Thank you!! I haven't ever really used ink... something to add to my list!! :D

JoAnn: Heh, thanks very much! I started off with the idea that I would put a bull in one of the frames, but it kept coming out looking like a diseased donkey, so I scrapped the idea.. :D

Char: Thank you!! :D I MUST invest in a better scanner, and my house is always so dark that it's hard to take a good picture.. maybe I should actually go out into the sunlight and take a picture ... ::Shrieks:: It burns!! hehehehehe.. The colors are really a LOT more muted in the actual painting than either picture I've posted - the tones are still relatively dark, blue and purple, but they're a lot more transparent than it looks.. ::Sigh:: some day my scanner will cooperate with me.. or I'll toss it and get a new one.. LOL

Thanks, all, for stopping by!! :D

mpopinz
05-14-2003, 03:25 PM
I Like it!

gealflings
05-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Thanks very much, iris! :D