PDA

View Full Version : DailyWash -Wednesday May 14,2003

ScarletLake
05-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Hello to everyone.

I never know what day it is for us all here.

It's almost midnight here in Ohio. I'm having trouble getting to sleep.

Got an email this morning responding to a fax I had sent for a job. The ad had read LPN to help RN's with paperwork such as prescription line, insurance certifications etc. Sounded right up my alley. The email address was even MRI in part of address.

So I get ready & drive to downtown & go to the building & find the 5th floor & the suite # & it turned out to be an employment staffing place. Never revealed that in the ad or the emails.

I wasn't to happy but I'm up for adventure. Well turns out the job is for Humana & they contract healthcare for the military. I really didn't get much info about it just that they would forward my resume to them. It took me 3 hours of time at that office. Then my car gave me trouble on the way home. It just wasn't my day.

Sorry don't mean to whine but I'm getting very down over this job sitiuation.

I just don't seem to have many things come to me easy & I don't know why that is. Sometimes I feel like everyone else falls in IT & they come out smelling like a rose & I end up smelling like IT.

Anywho = Tenn Lyn - I loved your rose. I spent time in art group on Friday trying to do a rose & it was awful. I'm not a good drawer. I must have spent an hour trying to just draw one. I told Bill in our group that everyone says you have to be a good drawer first or you'll never be able to paint. I'm not good at it & I get so frustrated trying to get everything so precise that I don't get anything painted. He said Throw that Darned pencil away & draw with your brush. Paint that rose like you envision it. Well I put the pencil down & then started working on it & at least it did resemble a rose. He said don't try for realism.

Well guess I'd better get in bed & hopefully I'll get up on the right side in the morning. LOL

Anita
(who said your 40's were fun)

Nandie
05-14-2003, 02:31 AM
(((Anita))) Don't give up painting just because you can't draw.... do what I did lots of times in the beginning and trace a picture onto your wc paper with graphite, and then get painting!!! The drawing skills will eventually develop if you keep practising.... but there's nothing wrong with tracing in the meantime!!

What a day I've had..... first my youngest son is home with the flu, then I got a phone call that a friend from Church has uterine cancer and a lump on her intestine.... she's having surgery (hysterectomy) in two weeks and they'll biopsy the other lump and see how far it's spreading... she's just in her 20's with a young family!!! AND THEN, my pal next door spent the whole evening in emergency today in incredible pain... we thought it was a kidney stone or something but it turns out it's probably just back pain (whew) but she sure had us all worried!! And ANOTHER neighbour ran up to me this evening (while I was still worrying about Alana) to tell me that her sister has cancer and I spent an hour listening to her pour out her woes..... I feel like a punching bag!!!!

BUT my problems still aren't as bad as some others (these weren't even my problems, but I just feel so darn bad when people I care about are going through them!!):crying: so you'll have to forgive me for whining too!!!

Anyway, I'm working on another WIP - it's great stress relief!!! I'm off to bed now - I'll check in again later. Have a great day in all your different parts of the world!:cat:

madmum
05-14-2003, 02:54 AM
Morning ((((((((((((((Anita)))))))))))) (((((((((((((((Andrea))))))))))))

More hugs (((((((((((((Sharon)))))))))))) for later.

Love to Pam who's spending next 24/48 hours with her friend while she recovers from knee surgery.

All I have to deal with today is food shopping :rolleyes:

Now I have Em's beautiful lily photographs I want to get started on the painting!!!!! Before I do, what is a standard size of mats to use with 1/4 sheet size painting? Want to keep framing costs down ;) Actually I think I'll buy the frame first and make the painting fit!

Apologies for not posting alot of comments over last few days. Trying to cut down a bit! lol

Hugs

Ruth

madmum
05-14-2003, 03:01 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaarg! Double post, wouldn't let me delete! :mad:

Yorky
05-14-2003, 04:56 AM
Morning all!

You having finger trouble, Maddie? :D :evil:

ANOTHER fine day! Is this a record? I have to admit that fine or not we can expect wind, rain, hail or snow before bedtime - but then again that's normal for Britain. That's why the weather is always the first topic of conversation :D

(((((everyone with problems)))))

Going to put the finishing touches to the carpet seller now and post it in the 2003 Challenge 2.

Cheerio,

Doug

lyn lynch
05-14-2003, 04:59 AM
Poopy, Anita. I hate agency tactics like you described. If Humana in your neighborhood why didn't you apply direct to them? I thought you did apply early on to all medical insurance carriers. Sometimes agencies like this try to build their files for "in case" and they don't really have a job to offer, are just shopping candidates "hoping" to get a hit. Well, good luck for a future position.
40s are fun, buy or library rent "Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain". Now that you have some downtime but it to good use. This easy book and accomplish much in little time.
{{Nandie}}
{{Pamps}}
Absolutely, Maddie, that's the way to go. I buy frames at junk store and faux finish them. Silver foil is my favorite. Best to get the frame, then the matt [some pre-cut have 1/2", 1", 1-1/2" borders, depending on what your store stocks]. Mat cutting is big expense for sure. Just use that "report to the moderator" and ask to have your double removed. Rod very nice about this stuttering.

2am here in SW US of A. Poor me, too tired to use my brain and not tired enough to sleep. Lie down and think of missed opportunities...tsk, what a waste of time and sleep. Long time since I have done this, goes to show ain't nothing over 'till the fat lady sings. Doctor appointment this morning, too so hope I don't oversleep when I finally do sleep.

I've been searching for a certain portrait book since Big Dog told me he bought one [it's out of print]. Finally looked on the net and found nothing on the world wide web. I moaned to Pamps about it and hot damn! if she didn't find several, many, at several, many price ranges! How that girl do that? Gol' dern she is a smart one, and so willing to help others. I think pamps deserves a PORTRAIT PROJECT all her own TOO. But not a reference posed for the camera, not enough detail in them for me. Hear anything about Marvin Project, MA?

OK, I'm checking out. Think I'll work on a piece just long enough to insure it is messed up good. LOL Good day and good night to all. Auntie.

painterbear
05-14-2003, 05:17 AM
Good Morning all,

It is 5:00 a.m. here in the Midwest U.S.A., still dark outside and VERY quiet. Nobody but me is up and about yet. I like this time of day.

Hugs to all who are hitting a rough patch. Andrea, you must have big shoulders, everyone comes to you for aid and comfort.

Anita, I heard the military recruiter on the radio recently saying the hospital at Wright Patterson AFB was looking for medical people. He is located in the shops across from Wright State on Col. Glenn Highway. You might stop in and talk to him. Like Fookie, I hate the kind of tactic you described the job agency used.

My husband and I had a wonderful evening out to celebrate our anniversary.

Not sure what I am going to tackle next something for the Challenge Project or another postcard for that project? I'm getting close to the finish for that one, only have three more to do. I have another one of Fookie's cactus photos from the RIL that I like. May do that next.

See you all later. Hope everyone gets some sleep and wakes up refreshed and raring to paint and has the time and inspiration they need.

M.A.
05-14-2003, 06:05 AM
((((((((((((((for everyone in this thread)))))))))))))) and AWAYTC too!

Got a few more comments to leave on various threads here this morning then I'm gettin' myself into work.

*Fookie - when you find yourself regretting missed opportunities, ask yourself the following questions: "What are you inspired by?" and "What are you proud of?" They can help bring you into the present, look ahead at the good things to come and remind you of the wonderful things you have already done.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Here's a quote (don't know who by).

Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift ... that's why it's called the present.

lyn lynch
05-14-2003, 06:38 AM
How sweet, MA, to send those kind helpful thoughts to me; of course, you are quite right little devil!! LOL Have a good day at work.
Morning, Doug. Be on the lookout for your carpet seller.
Morning, Sylvia. You go get 'um! I think you need to do another cactus, I enjoyed your cactus flower so much.
I just made a piece of toast and gave Shim half of it [half w/the butter], now I think it's true love. :D

Anita, RUN TO AF RECRUITING OFFICE...FAST...government job gold in the bank. AFB is goood duty, too; I was medical during vietnam era.

artmom
05-14-2003, 06:44 AM
It's 5:30 here and the sun is coming up over the mountain, the birds are singing, and we are supposed to have nice weather today.

((Anita)), you sound as if things are really getting to you. Is it beginning to show in interviews, or are the jobs not appealing to you? Why don't you get your hair done, or have a manicure, or do something else nice for yourself and go to a museum or a park and get inspired to paint. I can't draw either. That's why I was so excited to find out I could "draw" with my brush--that's what I did when I painted in oils! Paint something small--sounds as if you need a success!

((Nandie)), a burden shared is a burdened lightened--but don't let yourself be overburdened!!!! Easy for me to say, I'm a listener, too, and I know how you feel. I figure that's about all I can do for folk at this time of my life, though, is listen.

Ruth, hope you get to painting!

Doug, you sound so much better! The pain must be easing.

Fookie, good luck at doctor--don't miss that appointment!!

Sylvia, glad you enjoyed your anniversary dinner.

Fun2cook, don't work too hard!

AWAYTC, have a good day!

coffee_girl3000
05-14-2003, 06:55 AM
(((Hugs))) to everyone who's down today. I hope that all ill or just sad people feel better soon. Maybe the coming summer will cheer us all up.

Weather not too summery, grey with just a bit of blue sky. Was cold but sunny yesterday. Yesterday had drama exam - the performance went fine. In dress rehearsal, I laughed and came out of character but when did the real thing, managed to keep a straight face. Glad it is over but will miss doing drama.

Today is the worst exam of the lot! French Speaking, very difficult and scary. I am quite sure that I know some of the prep material but there is so much to learn. Finger's crossed I will get easier topics to talk about.

Will be back later to chat in Wash, much to do now so will log off.

andylavallee
05-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Hi everyone, Good luck Sarah Best wishes and hugs and support to those needing at this time, I'm home for the morning as I did what was supposed to be a sleeping in shift for my client who is having difficulties at the moment, she took full advantage of my presence as a consiquence I got 2.5 hrs sleep last night, supposed to be catching up now, but my studio is being put up so its a bit noisey!!..going to get some lunch then work for the afternoon we are short staffed.

CharM
05-14-2003, 07:35 AM
Good morning everyone from CharM(inion)...:D

I'm feeling great this morning. My health is good. I have a good home, a family that I like as much as I love, a good job and the sun is shining. I just plain feel great.... so I have lots of extra energy to send to all those needing {{{hugs}}} and {{{support}}} and {{{positive energy}}}...

Fookie... my Grandmother always told me that if I were 3 people I likely wouldn't miss any opportunities... but, there might be something missed... then I'd have to be 4 people... She also reminded me that I was to be grateful for the day if I turned on my faucet and water came out... LOL

Anita... my 40's were my favourite age... LOL

Nandie... some people are "givers"... They're easy to recognize. I think the givers of this planet must have a sign on their forehead or something... You, my dear, are a giver... The one thing you have to remember is that you cannot allow all these problems to become your own...

To everyone else and AWAYTC, have a good day... Be happy, productive and creative...

pampe
05-14-2003, 07:40 AM
early morning in Montana

ah, me

regrets are so unproductive and so crushing

best to give the past to the past

Staying in the "now" is all we have, the past is gone, the future uncertain

BUT THIS VERY MOMENT IS PERFECT!!!!

Good morning, friends and soon to be friends

I am ready to go pick Lil up, who has to be at the hospital at 5:45 (the ever popular health care HURRY UP AND WAIT PROGRAM) but wanted to say GOOD MORNING to you all first!

Thanks for the hugs...

Anita...look to see if there is a PLANETREE model hospital near you....

Fooks...sharing toast with one of the Universe's creatures is an act of goodness on a grand scale

Have a blessed day....

Pam

Rod
05-14-2003, 07:50 AM
((((((((((((( Everyone )))))))))))

Hope all of your days work out well :)

I've been painting all evening , one more for the challenge ,
now its time for bed, my wednesday is over ,
Nite all :)
Rod.

Bill J
05-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Good morning all its 50 degrees here in upstate New York. I still can't get used to the weather after being in Florida all winter. I had a pleasant suprise in the mail this morning from WC They given me my first merit badge.

bill

matingara
05-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Wednesday is nearly done here also. I only had the time and energy to do the red abstract tonight. I had been thinking about it all day and it is almost what I expected.

Getting set to learn lots more about color over the next few weeks. There are just not enough hours in the day.

:)

Joel.

Little Old Lady
05-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Good Day or Night! Looks like another lovely day here. I could get used to this.
Anita. Lots of good advice! Hope things look better in the morning!
Andrea Glad Alana wasn't seriously ill. Give her best wishes and tell her to get back painting and posting.
Fookie waht is the name of the book. Don't want to miss a good portrait book!
Hope things are looking up for all of you who are down and things stay up for the rest of you!
JoAnn

Uschi
05-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

TMR already, looked at posts first and too many slipped in in the meantime, but

fookie - My philosophy - We do the best we can with what we have AT THE TIME!!! No point debating with the wisdom of a 64 year old what I should have done at 30 when my wisdom was NIL. No regrets!!!! and remember, hind sight is 20/20 vision.

Ruth - standard size frame for 1/4 sheet is 16 x 20 " and standard mats have anything between 2 1/2" to 3" boarder, that gives you approx. 10 x 14" painting space.

Beautiful morning here, North wind has subsided (was damn cold yesterday) and we are expecting warmer temperatures. Won't be long and us Ontarians will be complaining about the heat LOL!!!

Made good use of the cold day and painted with several interruptions from neighbours who wanted to "chat".

Positive thoughts to those who need them and good health to all!!!
Have a great day!!!
Uschi

ScarletLake
05-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone

Got a good nights sleep. Things always look better in the morning.

Think I'll do some housecleaning today. Won't have a car for a few days this week.

Nandie - I'm a giver to & sometimes we get everyones hurts & then when we're hurting it's hard to find someone to listen to us.

Again thanks for the advise.

Anita

bswilson1147
05-14-2003, 09:04 AM
I agree: Don't beat yourself up about drawing....I totally agree with the following:

The drawing skills will eventually develop if you keep practising.... but there's nothing wrong with tracing in the meantime!!

Last night's class "threw butterflies" on their floral painting to give it little bright flakes of color. The secret is lots of tiny butterfly shapes, each one painted a bright solid color...turns out a little like confetti. Another idea is to do a fish painting and "throw tiny fish" amongst the coral and large fish, or you could "throw" musical notes or hearts, or just about any tiny shape...Have fun and I hope to see this idea painted here by someone here on w/c.:p (If you mess up, use acrylic on the butterflies...you could even use metallics)

ArtWench
05-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by ScarletLake
Sorry don't mean to whine but I'm getting very down over this job sitiuation.

I just don't seem to have many things come to me easy & I don't know why that is. Sometimes I feel like everyone else falls in IT & they come out smelling like a rose & I end up smelling like IT.

Anita: I know exactly what you mean. My whole life seems to have been that way. My mother says that it is because I struggle to hard to make things go the direction I want them to go in instead of relaxing and seeing what opens up for me. She believes that we each have paths that we are meant to take and that often we are too busy trying to take a particular path to see we have lost our way.

I personally feel that each of these battles is a lesson learned and that we somehow grow spiritually through the struggle. Doesn't really make it any easier; but, at least it gives a point to the suffering involved!

So, here is a virtual hug to you {{{Anita}}} and the hopes that today will bring you the job you need!

Oh.... And about the drawing... I draw very well; however, I lack skill at painting so I really don't think that drawing makes or breaks the watercolor artist. It is simply a skill which, if applied correctly, can aid the artist. Sometimes I think that being able to draw handicaps me because I tend to be too tight in my paintings. I want to control each detail which will ruin a watercolor.

So don't let the drawing part drag you down. I know there are a lot of art snobs out there who feel that if you don't follow the prescribed path of study that you are not truly an artist; but, who are they to judge? Follow your bliss and paint!

Sylvielu
05-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Good morning all! Yesterday I sent my mom the Flower I did and I hope she will like it. I lost an aunt the day before Mother's day. She had Alzheimer and my uncle had just brought her home from the hospital to spend Mother's day at home. So I thought how I most let my mom know that I care because you never know when the opportunity will no longer be there.

Also my husband made it back home and he is glad to be back. We grilled out on the balcony yesterday. We bought a new gas grill.

Today I want to paint. Whatever it is will have colors new gamboge and Scarlet Lake.

Not much else is happening. The weather has been sunny and warm in the afternoon.

I hope all do well in health and job searches. Most of all keep doing what you love to do.

ArtWench
05-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Y'all are worse than me! LOL! I went to bed at a reasonable time for a change so am feeling pretty good this morning. Got my daughter off to school and the breakfast bar cleaned off (well, almost totally) of Christmas, Easter, & Valentines Day cards. I am such a packrat! I hate to throw anything away!

Still having problems with the water in my penguin painting. Anyone who cares to debate whether water gets lighter as it goes toward the horizon or darker can visit my thread at http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1203268#post1203268 nd fight it out with Nandie & Baba!

Andrea: Sometimes it may seem overwhelming; but, think of what a blessing you must be to all those people who open up and share their problems with you! To me, it says a lot about your character... You are kind and a good listener! The world needs more people like you! Actually, the Bible refers to that as one of the spiritual gifts that God's ministers are blessed with. Have you thought about being a Stephen's Minister?

Ruth: Good luck on the lilies. I have no clue about what size frame or mat a quarter sheet would fit! You probably have the best idea of finding a standard and adjusting the painting to fit.

Doug: Sounds like your weather is as fickle as that in Georgia... After an earthquake one week and tornados last week we actually have had two beautiful days in a row! Wish I could putz in the garden; but, my back will not allow it I'm afraid.

Auntie: Hope the apt. goes well and you don't oversleep! And don't waste your time on regrets... Focus on the successes!

coffee_girl3000: Good luck on the French exam!

Andy: Hope you get a nap soon!

CharM: Thanks for giving us hope for the 40s! LOL! It was looking kinda grim there for a bit! You've lit up this thread with your terrific mood! Thanks!

Pam: Lil is lucky to have such a good friend! Hope you took a good book... or maybe a small travel paint kit & pad! I plan on taking one to my daughter's rehearsal for dance recital.... The recital is in this old auditorium which is gorgeous with huge old oaks surrounding a park in front. Can't miss this opportunity to paint!

Bill: So you are one of the perennial snow birds, eh? Better the 50 degrees than the heat which is on its way to FL. When we lived in Tampa, I just about melted every August!

Joel: How odd to think that as we begin the day here, you are just finishing it up!

Uschi: How hot does it get in Ontario?

BettyBoop: Does the confetti stick or did you have to spray some sort of gook on it? I know you can pick the special shaped confetti up at any Party City... Wine glases, animal shapes, numbers, letters.... The list goes on & on.

Hmmmml.... Seems that the women are busy ministering today while the men paint for the challenge....

bswilson1147
05-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Take a look at these paintings by a Florida artist...old rusted truck, dunes, Florida scenery....Enjoy

http://www.bansemer.com/gallery/gallery.htm:)

ArtWench
05-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Sylvielu
I lost an aunt the day before Mother's day. She had Alzheimer and my uncle had just brought her home from the hospital to spend Mother's day at home. So I thought how I most let my mom know that I care because you never know when the opportunity will no longer be there.

I'm so sorry to hear this; but, it sounds like she died where she wanted to be which is beautiful.

And yes, every time my mother gets on my nerves I remind myself that I am only borrowing her for a short while. Amazing that I've reached 40 and my mother can still drive me berzerk!

ArtWench
05-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by bswilson1147
Take a look at these paintings by a Florida artist...old rusted truck, dunes, Florida scenery....Enjoy

http://www.bansemer.com/gallery/gallery.htm:)

These are gorgeous! Thanks!

Yorky
05-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Back again!

Been at Peggy's this morning getting her online. She has an AOL trial, but is going to change asap to a normal ISP and Internet Explorer. AOL Ugh! :rolleyes:

She has relations alll around the world and is looking forward to keeping in touch with email.

I also registered her with WetCanvas! So watch out for FreePeggy - I hope she can cope with the modern technology. Her PC has W95 and is the speed of cold treacle :D

Peggy loves the"Daily Wash", so I think that's where you'll see her first.

Just finished off my "Moroccan Blanket Seller" for the Challenge and posted it.

Cheers!

Doug

al22
05-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Holy Shomly you people get up early........ :D or stay up late ....
Had good day yesterday..... Met Auntie at Starbucks and had great time discussing all of you..........ha!!.....your ears burning??
HOT here........yikes....triple digits already........!!
Going to San Diego next week .......... Hoping to get lots of painting in.......and soak up mucho kool.....

Big hugs to all that are hurting physically or emotionally...... is there a difference?? Don't think so.........

Have a creative day .......

...............al

mustcreate
05-14-2003, 11:12 AM
you people are CHATTY!!!

*whew*

it's hard to keep up ;)

(((((((to all who need them)))))))))))

fooks....did you get ANY sleep? :(

glad to hear my lily photos are being put to good use :)

Al - I'm glad you two finally got around to meeting. too bad we couldn't have all met while I was there.

busy day planned here. I am hoping to get a whole bunch of errands out of the way early so I can paint this afternoon.

Doug - I saw FreePeggy listed as our newest member!! coolness :cool:

WELCOME Peggy!!!!!!

have a creative day
em

babybrush
05-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by mustcreate
you people are CHATTY!!!

My thoughts exactly. the past few days i have kindof avoided posting on the wash because it took so long to read and by the time i was ready to reply, whatever i had to say would have not been of interest at all. oh well. i will at least post today and try to get back to at least reading the wash.

i think that i am going to be working for my dad alot this summer. best paying job i could find and it might even allow me to get my license (insurence is just SO expensive these days).

looking forward to graduation in a week and a half. better go work on school now so i can actually finish on time :D

Bethany

Christie
05-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Good morning everyone!

It is slightly overcast here, but clearing off later (I am told). :D

Nandie, I agree that some of us collect other people's woes. One of the reasons that I like coming to WC! is that there are others who will listen to me when things get tough. :)

After getting the kids off to school, I am coming home to clean and then paint. What I would really like is a nap, but then I would be starting tomorrow's WASH.:D cause I won't sleep tonight.

Cathexis, I am also almost 40 and my mother still knows which buttons to push! :D I wonder if I will be like that when my kids are grown up? :D Some days, I have to admit that the thought sure appeals to me. :D

Sarah, good luck on that exam! i am sure you will do fine.

I hope everyone who is feeling poorly will be better than they were today.

Take care y'all, :)

coffee_girl3000
05-14-2003, 11:25 AM
:D The exam went abosolutely fine. I suppose it's just a frightening concept. Got A* so I'm pretty pleased!

Doug, look forward to seeing Peggy in the forum. Get her to come to the wash and say hello.

Al, did you get any photos of you and Fooks? Would like to see 'em :).

(((Sylvia))), so sorry to hear about your aunt. At least she was at home with her loved ones.

al22
05-14-2003, 11:33 AM
No, Sarah, sorry.........neither of us brought a camera........ just sipped some drinks, shot the bull and tried to stay cool......
...........al

els
05-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Afternoon all! Another normal day here. Hope to paint sth tonight...

I've just applied for two juried shows. Results in the end of the month, three pics each...

Happy painting day!!!

Nandie
05-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Good Morning (again)!!

Thanks so much for all the (((hugs))) and words of support! You're right, I do tend to take the cares of the world (well, at least my little corner of it) on my shoulders (check out the shoulders Marvin gave me on my charicature below!!) but I figure that even if I can't solve my friend's problems I can at least listen.... so many people just want a listening ear and a soft shoulder! And I'm honestly glad to do it.... yesterday was just overwhelming because so many friends had such huge problems all at once! LOL!! Anyway, the same principle applies, and I was glad to come here and vent a little bit, and you guys were all happy to listen.:)

And Cathexis, to be a helper in the Biblical sense would be the highest honor I could achieve.

Now I'm sitting here with my Starbucks Latte, oldest sons are just off to school, youngest son is still home with the flu but I think he'll live - it's raining outside so maybe I'll paint later. Gotta work on my WIP, y'know!!

Al, I'd have paid good money to be a fly on the wall at Starbucks and listen in while you Auntie talked about us!!!

((((hugs)))) to everyone stuggling today, hope you all get in some painting today.

mchew
05-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Hi fellow washers,

I'm extremely late today and it's already 12.10am of tomorrow!

Although my PC was on the whole time... I was busy painting a shop logo for the mural client. It's part of the project... will start painting the mural on Friday.

Spent the whole afternoon and continued after dinner to finish this. The design is the alphabets i and e which stands for "Individual Expression", that's the shop's name. The little green thing is the dot for i.

I didn't design it, the shop owner hired a graphic designer to do it... he gets someone to cut the wood and my job is just to paint it.

I paint the whole thing sitting on the floor and bending my back ala Sarah (Turtle33)... should have done it on the dinning table... now I'm having mild back pain...

Here's the finished logo... the dots are driving me nuts!!! :rolleyes: :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2003/14541-logo.jpg

ArtWench
05-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Christie

Cathexis, I am also almost 40 and my mother still knows which buttons to push! :D I wonder if I will be like that when my kids are grown up? :D Some days, I have to admit that the thought sure appeals to me. :D

LOL! Someone once told me that it is the job of all mothers to drive their kids nuts and vice versa.... You know, the Circle of Life! LOL!

ArtWench
05-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Hey Marvin.... The logo looks really cool!

Take it from me: Take care of your back or you will be hobbling around like me waiting for surgery!

Christie
05-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by cathexis

LOL! Someone once told me that it is the job of all mothers to drive their kids nuts and vice versa.... You know, the Circle of Life! LOL!

More the Circle of Mild Irritation. :D

lyn lynch
05-14-2003, 01:38 PM
LOL, I like big chatty Wash, talking "about" each other as Big Dog and I did. LOL
No, no pictures, I think I may speak for Big Dog in saying we are tired of pictures...just look at how we looked then if you want to know what we look like. LOL. Big Dog gift me w/Pike Palette, Oh, I am so chuffed, can't wait to begin new color charts and plan them Wells!!! Turns out I get Mother's Day gifts after all, LOL...from Pamps and Big Dog...this is Mother's Day as I remember from sis and me...we exchanged gifts to each other for making it through another year of children. LOL

Our Sarah, drama Queen and Freedom Queen. Sigh, such a good girl, Congratulations on major accomplishments.

Here is another time I have misstated myself, soon people start ignoring me and then I really will have something to complain about. LOL. I think of missed opportunitites, but not with regret...Just think about them [there were so many]...and keeps brain too engaged to drift off. Invariably, and inevitably, thoughts turn to loss of Beautiful Kitty and therein is the regret--that I saw changes in her and presumed them to be just normal slowdown due to aging and did not get her to a vet; it is at that point that I get up. Whether or not she could have been saved is doubtful, according to vet, but the regret is w/thought of Beautiful Kitty. Thank you for helping me feel like "family" with your kind thoughts of assistance. Big sloppy kisses to all.

I hear of feisty cat at Shelter who, coincidentally, is named Lilah. Different spelling, but same name and perhaps temperment. After doctor I go to see her.

Love to all and a good day or night.

jageo
05-14-2003, 03:09 PM
lunch time in ALberta, on a sunny and warmish day. Nothing like Arizona! Do you want us to be envious Al? or sympathetic? ;)
I don't have much to add to the wash other than hellos.
Interesting poll about the colour wheel.

JA

artmom
05-14-2003, 08:20 PM
"LOL, I like big chatty Wash, talking "about" each other as Big Dog and I did. LOL" AS POSTED BY FOOKIE

Me, too, Fookie-Lyn! I thought that was the whole point of The Wash--getting to know each other!:evil: