PDA

View Full Version : Cochise

sassybird
05-13-2003, 10:31 PM
CarolinaGal took a pic of this piece I did for her sometime between the mid and late 80's. It is scratchboard and watercolor on cambric linen paper.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2003/1355-CochiseSized.jpg

marilyn h
05-15-2003, 08:19 AM
Now this is wonderful! Love your style in your earlier days. It is great to see what you use to do. Did you do a series of these?

msue
05-15-2003, 12:55 PM
what is cambric linen paper? This is really great. Did you layer on top of the scratch board or is it the scratch "board" paper?

sassybird
05-16-2003, 02:10 AM
Cambric is the maker of a linen paper that is fun to work with watercolor, markers, and colored pencils on.

I didn't do a series of these. CarolinaGal and I have nearly half a life time of friendship, and I did it for her. The linen paper is layered on top of the scratch board first and then the scratch board work was done.

lisilk
05-16-2003, 07:32 PM
This is cool Charissa. I love seeing artists earlier work. You can see the seeds of where the work is now and how far you have developed. I too have a friend I've known almost 25 years that I have been exchanging art work with for almost that long. If she ever gets discoverd, I'll make a fortune. LOL.

Li