PDA

View Full Version : Cochise Scratch board and watercolor

sassybird
05-13-2003, 10:27 PM
This piece was done sometime between the mid and late 80's, and is owned by CarolinaGal. She thoughtfully took pics of it for me.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2003/1355-CochiseSized.jpg

Jakeally
05-14-2003, 05:45 AM
Wonderful work Lucky CarolinaGal.
I really love the way you have mixed the watercolour with the black and white...just stunning:clap: :clap: :clap:

artdude
05-14-2003, 09:09 AM
:clap: WOW!!! :clap: Love the overall design of this Sass!! CarolinaGal knows a good piece of art when she sees it :D Can you give us a bit of a step by step for working with the scratchboard and watercolor?

:clap: :cat: :clap:

DragonladyfromOz
05-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Stunning work here Sassy! Truly attention grabbing with an unusual mix of media. As with Murray, would really like to take a peek at your process with this one.:clap:
Cheers
Manda

sassybird
05-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by artdude
:clap: WOW!!! :clap: Love the overall design of this Sass!! CarolinaGal knows a good piece of art when she sees it :D Can you give us a bit of a step by step for working with the scratchboard and watercolor?

:clap: :cat: :clap:

I just bought some small clay board, so I can do a small demo :) That piece was done so long ago, and it is huge, 24x36" approx.

BTDogMom
05-14-2003, 11:48 AM
OMG - this ROCKS!!!!! Beautiful & interesting - I REALLY REALLY LOVE this!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

DragonladyfromOz
05-15-2003, 11:55 AM
Wooohooo - got myself a piece of scraper board today [boy - is it expensive or what!!!] and am now waiting for the demo :D
No pressure or anything sassybird - heheheeeee:evil:
Cheers
Manda

sassybird
05-16-2003, 02:19 AM
LOL Yep it is expensive these days. We used to ink bristol board to do scratch board work. That is much cheaper, but it is a PITA to get the ink on in an even layer. I just had an idea. You could put several layers of colored inks below the black:D Now that would be interesting. Right now I have 3 pieces of 5x7" clay board, so I will work on a demo. It will just be about a tenth of the size of this piece........lol