PDA

View Full Version : Value study - woman's portrait

M.A.
05-13-2003, 10:03 PM
This is a little value study I did tonight. W&N burnt umber.

Comments welcome.

500 bonus points if you can guess who is in the reference picture.
:p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2003/18725-valuestudy.jpg

Mary Smith
05-13-2003, 10:06 PM
I think the woman is lovely, but I cannot tell what that is beside her. Small dog or cat? It needs more definition. Will you do this in full color? The woman is a beauty.

lyn lynch
05-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Whoa....Gob-smacked, MA!!
Great job!
Agree with Mary, either that woman is truly lovely or you have made her look so lovely. After guesses have been made, maybe post the reference to see if it gives any more clues????
Looks like the lady is auburn-haired w/green eyes.
And, definitely a kitty--look at them ears and eyes is saying "I decide when you get a snuggle!" Definitely a kitty!
Fun!!!! I enjoy!

madmum
05-14-2003, 03:13 AM
I claim the bonus points!!!!!! :D

It's Auntie Fookie and her beautiful kitty :clap: :cool:

Good likeness and value study, MA, now for the full colour version :D

Ruth

lyn lynch
05-14-2003, 04:11 AM
Hey! No cheatin' by looking at the reference! :(

Flattwo
05-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Hi

Excellent...I thought it was Madona the "singer"

Flattwo

M.A.
05-14-2003, 05:49 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments...

*Mary, yes, the woman is a beauty. It's her kitty she's holding and think it could be more defined but I was concentrating on her facial features and hair mostly. Here's 500 points for being so kind.

*Fookie, yup, the woman is truely lovely :) I didn't do anything to add to the beauty that is already present. Even though someone already guessed, I'm going to post the reference pic. Plus, you're getting 1000 points for playing the game so well!!!

*Ruth, here are your 500 points (you didn't peak did you?:)). I think this would be an interesting full colour portrait ... are you going to do it in full color? ;)

*Flatwo, yes, you're right *Madona and kitty* ... she sings "like a virgo" here's your 500 points. Thanks for playing.

Here's a link to the reference image for anyone else who might be interested in producing a portrait of Auntie *Madona* Fookie and kitty.

Have a great day everyone!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/ref_image_viewer.php?proj_id=418&img=auntie.jpg