-Landscapes from Photos
-Painting Buildings
-Painting Water
-Painting Trees

And the following videos are still not available:

-Painting Waterfalls
-Painting Rocks
-Painting Skies

Then in May we get Painting Grass and Snow.

Did I miss any titles? I would like to be sure that I don't miss any! BTW-all of the above available titles were ordered through Johannes web site:

improve my paintings.com

Cheers

Doug

cajunRice
04-04-2012, 03:13 PM
"Painting Skies" is not available, yet.

I had a problem getting the oil demo in this one. Sold cans so I can buy as soon as it comes up.

Ginger

Improv
04-04-2012, 03:17 PM
"Painting Skies" is not available, yet.

I had a problem getting the oil demo in this one. Sold cans so I can buy as soon as it comes up.

Ginger
Thanks, Ginger, I forgot about that one! :thumbsup:

There are so many it's easy to lose track. That's why I started this thread.

Painting Skies is now added to the list.

Cheers

Doug

Johannes Instructor
04-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Are these all the videos that are available for sale right now:

-Landscapes from Photos
-Painting Buildings
-Painting Water
-Painting Trees

-Painting Waterfalls
-Painting Rocks
-Painting Skies

Did I miss any titles? I would like to be sure that I don't miss any! BTW-all of the above available titles were ordered through Johannes web site:

improve my paintings.com

Cheers

Doug
The above is correct. The skies and waterfall videos should be ready soon.

Improv
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
The above is correct. The skies and waterfall videos should be ready soon.

Thanks for the update, Johannes. Good news! :)

I hope everyone is supporting Johannes efforts by buying the recordings!

Doug

Tonalist
04-04-2012, 11:33 PM
There is also "Painting Mountains" that is available.
woody

Improv
04-04-2012, 11:39 PM
There is also "Painting Mountains" that is available.
woody

Right you are-I even own that one. There's so many of them now! :-)

Unfortunately I can not edit my original post, so I'll repost it.

Thanks

Doug

Improv
04-04-2012, 11:41 PM
How Many Videos for Sale Now? (Revised and updated)

Are these all the videos that are available for sale right now:

-Painting Landscapes from Photos
-Painting Buildings
-Painting Water
-Painting Trees
-Painting Mountains

-Painting Waterfalls
-Painting Rocks
-Painting Skies

Did I miss any titles? I would like to be sure that I don't miss any!

BTW-all of the above available titles were ordered through Johannes web site:

improve my paintings.com

Cheers

Doug

chalet_dor
04-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Thank you so much for this list.......Yes I have purchased and will continue to. They are the best teaching videos I have ever seen.............dor:))

Dorothyww
04-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the update, Johannes. Good news! :)

I hope everyone is supporting Johannes efforts by buying the recordings!

Doug
Oh yeah. Wouldn't miss a one. The price is right. These classes are 'must have' in my opinion. I feel so lucky as a fledgling artist to have found Jo.

Dorothy

Johannes Instructor
04-25-2012, 03:19 PM
The Essentials of Painting Skies and The Essentials of Painting Waterfalls course is now available for purchase and download at these links:

Skies
http://www.northlightshop.com/wetcan...t e&cid=54918
Waterfalls
http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-e...te &cid=54918

chalet_dor
04-25-2012, 04:44 PM
The Essentials of Painting Skies and The Essentials of Painting Waterfalls course is now available for purchase and download at these links:

Skies
Waterfalls

Hi Jo
When I click on those Links I get this message
We are sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found
This has happened to me before when using your links. How ever I can get to the videos at North Light Shop on my own.....but then you do not receive any commission for the sale. Have I got that right? dor:))

Ruth04
04-25-2012, 05:54 PM

Skies
Waterfalls

Hi Jo

Good news for me!!

I just bought Essentials of Painting Skies, but when I try to download I get this message:
"An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner"

I can not download today, I hope tomorrow :crossfingers:

Regards,

MIRSA

paintncook
04-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Jo
This has happened to me before when using your links. How ever I can get to the videos at North Light Shop on my own.....but then you do not receive any commission for the sale. Have I got that right? dor:))
I've been buying Johannes' videos directly through Northlight. I think, by putting in the code for your discount that Johannes gives you, Johannes gets credit for it. After all, they are his videos so he certainly should be getting paid for them.
Kathy

Improv
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM

Skies
Waterfalls

Jo-I went to improvemypaintings.com/Purchase Recorded Classes and the WCLIVE discount code seems to have disapeared. Is the code no longer valid?

Improv
04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
UPDATE:

As of today, April 25, 2012, the following videos are available for sale:

-Landscapes from Photos
-Painting Buildings
-Painting Water
-Painting Trees
-Painting Skies
-Painting Waterfalls

-Painting Rocks

improve my paintings.com

Cheers

Doug

Tonalist
04-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Kathy.. Actually I thought the opposite is true..

I think Johannes gets the credit if only purchased through his web site.
The code "wclive" is just for our 10% discount...

I may be wrong, but I.. like you.. would love to make sure Jo gets credit for his generosity and hard work.
woody

Improv
04-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Kathy.. Actually I thought the opposite is true..

I think Johannes gets the credit if only purchased through his web site.
The code "wclive" is just for our 10% discount...

I may be wrong, but I.. like you.. would love to make sure Jo gets credit for his generosity and hard work.
woody

The code "wclive" gets the error message "this code is no longer valid" when ordering on Northlight.

Sgourlayart
04-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Altough these videos (waterfalls and skies) have become available on North Light, the "WCLIVE" code is not being recognized and North Light's new website has blitzed the ability to redownload previously purchased videos. What gives? Jo, are you aware of this?

Johannes Instructor
04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi Jo

Here these links should work.

Skies
http://www.northlightshop.com/wetcanvas-live-essentials-of-painting-skies-with-johannes-vloothuis-downloads-u0512?utm_source=linkconnector&utm_medium=affiliate&cid=54918
Waterfalls
http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-essentials-ptg-waterfalls-dnld?utm_source=linkconnector&utm_medium=affiliate&cid=54918

Johannes Instructor
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Altough these videos (waterfalls and skies) have become available on North Light, the "WCLIVE" code is not being recognized and North Light's new website has blitzed the ability to redownload previously purchased videos. What gives? Jo, are you aware of this?

Yes I am aware of it.

paintncook
04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Apparently I was mistaken according to 'Tonalist's' message about buying directly through Northlight versus buying from Johannes' website. I have gone directly to Northlight to browse around and I 'thought' I had purchased Johannes' videos directly. I successfully used the WCLIVE discount and was able to redownload so I must have actually done it through the website and not directly through Northlight. I hope I have this straight - Is it true that buying through Johannes' website you are able to redownload your purchases, but if you buy directly through Northlight you do NOT have the ability to redownload? :confused: I thought Johannes would get a commission regardless of where you bought them because they are his videos, but correct me if I'm wrong - at any rate, I'll be buying through the website for sure! Kathy

Improv
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM

You can contact North Light directly at this link and let them know your thoughts on this:

http://www.northlightshop.com/contacts/index/

Improv
04-26-2012, 12:41 PM
UPDATE:

The discount code has been fixed and can now be used from improvemypaintings.com (Johannes web site). Be sure to order from that site so that Jo gets the commission for the sale.

Sgourlayart
04-26-2012, 03:21 PM
UPDATE:

The discount code has been fixed and can now be used from improvemypaintings.com (Johannes web site). Be sure to order from that site so that Jo gets the commission for the sale.
Doug, code accepted but product purchased won't download; here we go again. Stu

Amandine
04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
North Light's new website has blitzed the ability to redownload previously purchased videos.
Since last week, I've sent to North Light 2 messages about being unable to redownload purchased videos and, of course, have not received any news from them yet. :mad: Bad customer service. :mad:

Johannes Instructor
04-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Apparently I was mistaken according to 'Tonalist's' message about buying directly through Northlight versus buying from Johannes' website. I have gone directly to Northlight to browse around and I 'thought' I had purchased Johannes' videos directly. I successfully used the WCLIVE discount and was able to redownload so I must have actually done it through the website and not directly through Northlight. I hope I have this straight - Is it true that buying through Johannes' website you are able to redownload your purchases, but if you buy directly through Northlight you do NOT have the ability to redownload? :confused: I thought Johannes would get a commission regardless of where you bought them because they are his videos, but correct me if I'm wrong - at any rate, I'll be buying through the website for sure! Kathy
My site links to Northlight. They track the sale if you click on the links on my website.

Artsyme
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
You can contact North Light directly at this link and let them know your thoughts on this:

http://www.northlightshop.com/contacts/index/

I have contacted North Light and have let them know my thoughts:mad: . I am waiting to hear from them. Really bad customer service! I know that Jo works really hard to get these classes edited and submitted to NL, but I am really disappointed with NL because: 1) The time it took for these downloads to be edited and offered for sale-3 months!: 2) The check-out process is frustrating :3) Discount codes not working.

Sgourlayart
04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
I have contacted North Light and have let them know my thoughts:mad: . I am waiting to hear from them. Really bad customer service! I know that Jo works really hard to get these classes edited and submitted to NL, but I am really disappointed with NL because: 1) The time it took for these downloads to be edited and offered for sale-3 months!: 2) The check-out process is frustrating :3) Discount codes not working.Janet and other frustrated artists. I got no responses at all from Emails to Customer Service at North Light and I too shared my thoughts, but then I called the customer service phone number and it was promptly answered by a very polite young woman who explained that they redid all 16 of their websites and brought them up on the 16th of this month and have numerous bugs and thousands of Emails. She told me she would take care of my inability to download my skies and waterfall programs that I just bought. Johannes had already taken care of the discount code problem this morning. Several hours later I had an Email with the correct links and I thought it was almost all solved until I tried downloading--that did not work with IE9, but it did work with Google Chrome. I still have to make sure the downloads play, but they did stream ok with Google Chrome. So, I think there is hope for all this. Unfortunately there is no source but North Light for these classes and I find the classes to be incredibly valuable and I Johannes to be incredibly patient and a most gifted and passionate teacher. Stu

Improv
04-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Several hours later I had an Email with the correct links and I thought it was almost all solved until I tried downloading--that did not work with IE9, but it did work with Google Chrome. I still have to make sure the downloads play, but they did stream ok with Google Chrome. So, I think there is hope for all this. Stu
Chrome may have worked for you, but it did NOT work for me. Under Windows 7, I tried the following browsers: Firefox 11.x, Firefox 12, IE, Opera, Chrome, and Seamonkey. All of these browsers got the same error message as before:

"An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner. "

I also tried Under Ubuntu Linux 11.04 using Firefox 11-same error message.

That rules out the browser and the operating system.

Doug

Sgourlayart
04-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Chrome may have worked for you, but it did NOT work for me. Under Windows 7, I tried the following browsers: Firefox 11.x, Firefox 12, IE, Opera, Chrome, and Seamonkey. All of these browsers got the same error message as before:

"An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner. "

I also tried Under Ubuntu Linux 11.04 using Firefox 11-same error message.

That rules out the browser and the operating system.

DougDoug, next chapter is that with the new links from customer service I could only successfully download 4 out of 12 files; this is exactly the problem that occurred in January when the water and trees courses were released. All of the problems were with the mp4 files and not the wmv files, and now all we seem to have gotten for our money are the mp4 files (or rather one third of them). I am not sure where to go next. I will call customer service again today. Stu

Johannes Instructor
04-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Doug, next chapter is that with the new links from customer service I could only successfully download 4 out of 12 files; this is exactly the problem that occurred in January when the water and trees courses were released. All of the problems were with the mp4 files and not the wmv files, and now all we seem to have gotten for our money are the mp4 files (or rather one third of them). I am not sure where to go next. I will call customer service again today. Stu
We decided not to include WMV files because that just gave me extar work. Windows Media will play MP4's. You can download the free Quicktime as well.

Sgourlayart
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
We decided not to include WMV files because that just gave me extar work. Windows Media will play MP4's. You can download the free Quicktime as well.
Johannes, the only value to the wmv files in my opinion was that they all downloaded and played without the glitches of the mp4s. I am fine with only mp4 files, but only if they download and play. FW needs to fix their IT problem and not release these videos for sale until they have the discount codes in their system, links correct, and uncorrupted files available. All of this occurred in January with the release of the water and trees courses. I guess they just have a flat learning curve. I am sure that none of these problems are due to your original video material but to their own internal problems. I will call customer service again today; they were polite and helpful yesterday, but customer service is not the problem; they are just overwhelmed by IT problems. Stu

sparkling
04-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Oh thank god, I already wondered whether I was really the only one having problems with downloading the videos. :(

The funny thing is, two weeks ago everything worked fine, then the streams suddenly started to load only half-way and after that they changed something with the site and now I cannot even access the page where I could download them anymore. And what is very annoying is that I did not even see a big part of the videos I did purchase.

I've contacted NL three times in the course of the last two weeks and they never got back to me. It's such an annoying situation. I'm especially angry, because I didn't get any answer from them. I would have understood if they would have contacted me only to tell me that they still have some technical problems they're working on, but it's an absolutely bad customer service to not reply at all.

As things are currently, I'll let my CC company take care of getting me a chargeback, since NorthLight is either not capable or not willing to help this situation.

Improv
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Doug and Sparkling, hang in there with Johannes. I am sure it is not his fault. Try calling customer service. Lolanda Taber gets back promptly by Email and is trying to fix this and will send links. However, she just told me that I was the only one the links did not work for and I suggested she check out this website. I am virtually certain that it is a problem with their server. If they were smart, they would load these videos onto some DVDs and send them to the people having problems, postage paid, rather than taking a beating in the forums. I asked them to do that in January, but they said they "don't offer videos". Stu

Stu-I know you mean well, but I have major health problems, and don't need the aggravation of having to telephone their 'customer relations.' Why do they have an email for customer relations if they don't read the blessed thing? As you said, they just need to read this thread

sallspaw
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Hey everyone... there were some issues with the file download links and we are working to resolved that issue ASAP!

Johannes Instructor
04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Doug and Sparkling, hang in there with Johannes. I am sure it is not his fault. Try calling customer service. Lolanda Taber gets back promptly by Email and is trying to fix this and will send links. However, she just told me that I was the only one the links did not work for and I suggested she check out this website. I am virtually certain that it is a problem with their server. If they were smart, they would load these videos onto some DVDs and send them to the people having problems, postage paid, rather than taking a beating in the forums. I asked them to do that in January, but they said they "don't offer videos". Stu
Just to let you know. I submitted these videos two weeks after each course ended. They were uploaded in perfect playing funcionality. After that it went into the hands of Northlight. They own the rights to my material. I cannot sell them on the side. It is like a record deal.

Improv
04-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Of course it is not my fault. I submitted these videos many weeks ago and they were uploaded in perfect playing funcionality.

People who are not too tech savy have to realize that the problem is with faulty links to Johannes videos. As Jo so rightly says those are working videos. F&W's web techs did not connect the link to the video-thus when we click on the link, nothing happens. See Sarah Allspaw's post above.

Rosemarie
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Hey everyone... there were some issues with the file download links and we are working to resolved that issue ASAP!
Thank you Sally for popping in and tell us!:clap:

sallspaw
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey guys... if you bought the Skies and Waterfalls recordings and had issues, please try to download the product again. If you are still having issues, send me a PM. I just talked to the shop folks and they assured me the links are working, and they have all been tested--but you will have to re-download. So, please try again and let me know...

Ruth04
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Hey guys... if you bought the Skies and Waterfalls recordings and had issues, please try to download the product again. If you are still having issues, send me a PM. I just talked to the shop folks and they assured me the links are working, and they have all been tested--but you will have to re-download. So, please try again and let me know...

I just to try to download using Google Chrome first , then with Internet explorer and only get this message:

"An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner."

Again, I can not download Essentials of Painting Skies. :crying:

Mirsa

Improv
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
I just to try to download using Google Chrome first , then with Internet explorer and only get this message:

"An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner."

Again, I can not download Essentials of Painting Skies. :crying:

Mirsa

Email customer service at North Light and ask for the new download email to be mailed to you. They sent me a second set of download links, and I just finished downloading everything! :clap:

Sgourlayart
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM
People who are not too tech savy have to realize that the problem is with faulty links to Johannes videos. As Jo so rightly says those are working videos. F&W's web techs did not connect the link to the video-thus when we click on the link, nothing happens. See Sarah Allspaw's post above.Amen! ASAP for an IT department means next week not any minute now. I finally got a response to an Email from customer service (25 hours after I sent my Email) and I received another group of links that did not work at all. Deja vu from January. Stu

Sgourlayart
04-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Email customer service at North Light and ask for the new download email to be mailed to you. They sent me a second set of download links, and I just finished downloading everything! :clap:Doug, are you serious? I have gotten 3 sets of downloads so far; two were the same and did not work and the other worked for 4 out of 13 files. I will request another. Maybe we should all just send out DVDs to each other with the successfully downloaded videos? Stu

Improv
04-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Doug, are you serious? I have gotten 3 sets of downloads so far; two were the same and did not work and the other worked for 4 out of 13 files. I will request another. Maybe we should all just send out DVDs to each other with the successfully downloaded videos? Stu

I was sent a second dowload email, and the links all worked. I just finished downloading all of the Skies and Waterfalls videos, and they all seem to startup. :thumbsup::clap::D

Sgourlayart
04-28-2012, 07:44 AM
I was sent a second dowload email, and the links all worked. I just finished downloading all of the Skies and Waterfalls videos, and they all seem to startup. :thumbsup::clap::D
Doug, glad something has worked for someone finally. I sent another Email requesting correct links after trying again. No response yet, but it's the weekend now, so maybe early next week. Stu

Ruth04
04-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Email customer service at North Light and ask for the new download email to be mailed to you. They sent me a second set of download links, and I just finished downloading everything! :clap:

Happy for you. :clap:

I have sent 3 emails to custome service and I do not get any response.

Write English is hard for me, speak is worse. Maybe monday my son would have some time and call customer service instead of me.

Happy weekend.

Mirsa

Improv
04-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Happy for you. :clap:

I have sent 3 emails to custome service and I do not get any response.

Write English is hard for me, speak is worse. Maybe monday my son would have some time and call customer service instead of me.

Happy weekend.

Mirsa

You can also email Sarah Allspaw, the Wet Canvas Community Manager:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/member.php?u=188153

Ruth04
04-28-2012, 01:49 PM
You can also email Sarah Allspaw, the Wet Canvas Community Manager:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/member.php?u=188153

Oh! thank you very much for your kindness and your advice. I just sent an email to she.

Regards.

Mirsa

Improv
04-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh! thank you very much for your kindness and your advice. I just sent an email to she.

Regards.

Mirsa

You're very welcome, Mirsa. In the past, I have found Sarah to be very helpful. Let us know how it works out. Good luck! :clap:

Cheers

Doug

sparkling
04-28-2012, 02:59 PM
May I ask of those of you who are able to get to the download page on what URL you are actually accessing your files? The one link I was given (http://www.northlightshop.com/electronic_delivery_login) does not work at all anymore, so I cannot even reach the download page any longer :(

Amandine
04-28-2012, 03:40 PM
After going through all the posts about the new videos being not accessible or not downloadable, I'll wait a week or two before buying anything from NL. ;)

sparkling
04-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Improv, as you can see the link I was given was not a specific link (intended only for me), but just one that leads to the (general) electronic delivery login. There I could login using my personal code I got when purchasing the videos and some other private information.

I did at no time get any other specific link intended only for me.

And I did contact them to no avail a couple of times during the last two weeks.

But now I'm really curious how some of you obviously managed to get a reply/working links from NL.

Improv
04-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Improv, as you can see the link I was given was not a specific link (intended only for me), but just one that leads to the (general) electronic delivery login. There I could login using my personal code I got when purchasing the videos and some other private information.

Obviously,but I was referring mostly to your first sentence: "May I ask of those of you who are able to get to the download page on what URL you are actually accessing your files? "

That SOUNDS like you are asking for OTHER links, which should not be done as they are specific to each paying customer. For you or anyone else to post such a url, link etc here could enable or tempt someone to use the link for the purpose of getting free copies of the videos. Which I am sure was not your intention. And neither is it my intention to go on for 20 posts about this. Enough said.

But now I'm really curious how some of you obviously managed to get a reply/working links from NL.
No magic-I contacted North Light Customer Service via email explaining the problem. Then when Sarah Allspaw, the (WC Community Manager) posted above in this thread to send her an email if we were having problems, I did so.

It's not rocket science, just requires a bit of persistence!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Rosemarie
04-29-2012, 01:08 AM
I contacted NL through the Custom Services two times and then a mail arrived. I got links that didn't work and mailed back to NL and they send me new ones that I could use. They haven't addressed all the problems I had with the new site. One thing is that I can't download older downloadable purchases!
Anyway I got the Sky classes! They are so good!:clap: :clap:

Improv
04-29-2012, 03:03 AM
I contacted NL through the Custom Services two times and then a mail arrived. I got links that didn't work and mailed back to NL and they send me new ones that I could use.

People have to remember that this problem could effect hundreds of people. It could take a while, especially if they don't answer the emails in date order.

They haven't addressed all the problems I had with the new site. One thing is that I can't download older downloadable purchases!

I noticed that problem as well. Hope that they haven't discontinued the keeping of older downloadable purchases that we have paid for!

Rosemarie
04-29-2012, 03:28 AM
People have to remember that this problem could effect hundreds of people. It could take a while, especially if they don't answer the emails in date order.
I noticed that problem as well. Hope that they haven't discontinued the keeping of older downloadable purchases that we have paid for!

I am sure they are working very hard to rectify the problems. We have to be patient. Eventually they will have the download site working and hopefully older downloads available again without new cost.
I am off to watch the fantastic sky demos Johannes' is doing in pastel and wc. I got so hooked I bought panpastels myself and I didn't like pastels before!!!

Sgourlayart
04-29-2012, 09:35 AM

Doug, if you check your account with North Light you will see that for your recently purchased videos say that you have "unlimited" downloads; Nl has to restore those files to the accounts and they have not figured out how to do it yet. They took the skies and waterfall courses off their list for purchase, as I suggested they do in an Email. I have received 4 different Emails with links that do not work and I did Email Sarah as you recommended; I haven't heard back yet, but it's the weekend. So far I have been able to download 5 out of 6 of the skies videos and none of the 6 waterfall videos. Patience is like money--easy to run out of! Have a nice Sunday. Stu

Improv
04-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Nl has to restore those files to the accounts and they have not figured out how to do it yet. They took the skies and waterfall courses off their list for purchase, as I suggested they do in an Email. I have received 4 different Emails with links that do not work and I did Email Sarah as you recommended; I haven't heard back yet, but it's the weekend. So far I have been able to download 5 out of 6 of the skies videos and none of the 6 waterfall videos. Patience is like money--easy to run out of! Have a nice Sunday. Stu

Why am I not surprised at this point! :rolleyes: :lol:

Hey-it's Sunday, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the blossoms are blooming. Too nice a day to worry about this ****.

Cheers

Doug

Sgourlayart
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Why am I not surprised at this point! :rolleyes: :lol:

Hey-it's Sunday, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the blossoms are blooming. Too nice a day to worry about this ****.

Cheers

DougMonday morning; a new day, a new week. No answer yet to my Email to Sarah (Sallspaw), but I gave it another try at the last set (of 4 sets) of links sent to me. I took the downloaded links in the .doc file and copied and pasted them into my Google Chrome browser (IE9 browser just sat and spun) and got the videos to run and was able to download them with free downloader and real downloader programs once they ran. Still in progress of downloading and still have a broken link for the skies lesson 2 homework video, but making some progress on my own with experimentation so I guess that "necessity is the mother of invention" still. Even a $30 program should not be this difficult to acquire. Hopefully the IT geeks at F+W will listen and learn. I will call the customer service phone number again today and Email Lolanda Taber again with this info. :wave: Stu

Johannes Instructor
04-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Monday morning; a new day, a new week. No answer yet to my Email to Sarah (Sallspaw), but I gave it another try at the last set (of 4 sets) of links sent to me. I took the downloaded links in the .doc file and copied and pasted them into my Google Chrome browser (IE9 browser just sat and spun) and got the videos to run and was able to download them with free downloader and real downloader programs once they ran. Still in progress of downloading and still have a broken link for the skies lesson 2 homework video, but making some progress on my own with experimentation so I guess that "necessity is the mother of invention" still. Even a $30 program should not be this difficult to acquire. Hopefully the IT geeks at F+W will listen and learn. I will call the customer service phone number again today and Email Lolanda Taber again with this info. :wave: Stu
I am so sorry all this is happening. I don't know what to tell you. All I can do is be responsible on my side of things. However I just checked and the links are back up. Can someone tell me if you can download now?

nougat
04-30-2012, 10:57 AM
oh wow i am sorry all you guys are having such problems with your purchases!!

so sorry that Johannes will inevitably suffer from lost sales!

if northlight were doing such major changes to the site, they should have gone offline - leaving a notice for cutomers - and returned a couple of days later with everything up and running.

Sgourlayart
04-30-2012, 11:06 AM
I am so sorry all this is happening. I don't know what to tell you. All I can do is be responsible on my side of things. However I just checked and the links are back up. Can someone tell me if you can download now?Johannes, you have been a saint over all this stuff. Your videos are immaculate and I am sure perfect when delivered to North Light. I realize that they may need to set the release dates based on marketing issues, but to release them with broken links and issues with their new website worked out is really not a very good business strategy because it will drive existing and potential customers away from buying an excellent product. This will hurt their company, you, and your students. They need to identify the problem, fix it and sustain the fix. Part of the problem is that it occurred before back in January with the old website. You have absolutely nothing to apologize for; they have let you and us down; they need to fix it now so that we can all move on. In Sarah's defense, I sent my Email Saturday morning and I doubt that she has had the time to respond. Stu

Ruth04
04-30-2012, 12:17 PM
I am so sorry all this is happening. I don't know what to tell you. All I can do is be responsible on my side of things. However I just checked and the links are back up. Can someone tell me if you can download now?

Jo, no reason you have to apologize.

I just trying with the links I received when I made the purchase and again the same message:

I do not have yet any response from custome service and I have not received any new links to dowload.

I'll keep waiting until everything is settled because the quality of your teaching are worth the wait.

Mirsa

Rosemarie
04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Jo, no reason you have to apologize.

I'll keep waiting until everything is settled because the quality of your teaching are worth the wait.

Mirsa

This is so true, Mirsa!!!!:clap:

lumiere33
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
I've just bought and downloaded "painting water" on Northlightshop, it works but without the 10% discount.
but there are many videos lacking and I'm still looking for "waterfalls".

paintncook
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
I've just bought and downloaded "painting water" on Northlightshop, it works but without the 10% discount.
but there are many videos lacking and I'm still looking for "waterfalls".
I hope you went through the Improvemypaintings website and not directly through Northlight to buy your "painting water" video. If you go through Johannes website to purchase his videos he gets the commission, but NOT if you buy directly from Northlight. Also, going through his website you should be able to get the 10% discount using the WCLIVE code. Kathy

Sgourlayart
04-30-2012, 12:42 PM
but there are many videos lacking and I'm still looking for "waterfalls".NorthLight took down the skies and waterfalls classes for purchase until they get their website issues solved; check back every few days to see. There were similar issues right after release of the water and trees classes in January as well. Customer Service should be able to send you the correct links to download the files you are unable to download. Do not give up on the skies and waterfalls classes or on Johannes. I have finally (I hope) gotten the correct links to download both of these classes. I hope they will make them available for purchase very soon; they are fabulous courses. Please go through Johannes website www.improvemypaintings.com (http://www.improvemypaintings.com) to buy them (you click on "Buy recorded classes". Be real patient with Hope this helps. Stu

nougat
04-30-2012, 01:04 PM
If you go through Johannes website to purchase his videos he gets the commission, but NOT if you buy directly from Northlight. Kathy

REALLY??? how unfair is that!!!!!

paintncook
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
REALLY??? how unfair is that!!!!!
Yes, I just found this out from others, including Johannes!!! You'd think, since these are his videos, he'd get the commission regardless.

Improv
04-30-2012, 01:40 PM
However I just checked and the links are back up. Can someone tell me if you can download now?

Jo-On Friday, Lolanda Taber of F&W Customer Service was kind enough to email me a second set of links. I was able to download all videos for the Skies and the Waterfalls video series. All were tested and seem to work fine.

Don't know if they would work for others, but it might be worth a try for F&W to use the links that I got for others.

You have held up your end, it's up to F&W to come through for everyone now.

Cheers

Doug

Improv
04-30-2012, 01:43 PM
oh wow i am sorry all you guys are having such problems with your purchases!!

so sorry that Johannes will inevitably suffer from lost sales!

if northlight were doing such major changes to the site, they should have gone offline - leaving a notice for cutomers - and returned a couple of days later with everything up and running.

The way most companies do major web site changes is to set up their new system and changes on a separate computer, test it, then swap the new server for the old. Downtime should only be a couple of hours if everything goes right. If it ain't broken, don't fix it, as they say! :rolleyes:

Sgourlayart
04-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Jo-On Friday, Lolanda Taber of F&W Customer Service was kind enough to email me a second set of links. I was able to download all videos for the Skies and the Waterfalls video series. All were tested and seem to work fine.

Don't know if they would work for others, but it might be worth a try for F&W to use the links that I got for others.

You have held up your end, it's up to F&W to come through for everyone now.

Cheers

DougI have finally all downloaded properly working videos of the entire skies and waterfalls courses, thanks mainly to Lolanda Taber of F&W Customer Service. I hope that NorthLight will be have their website running correctly very soon so that Jo can count on them in the future to uphold their end of the deal with Jo and their customers without so much anguish. Stu

Johannes Instructor
04-30-2012, 08:18 PM
I have finally all downloaded properly working videos of the entire skies and waterfalls courses, thanks mainly to Lolanda Taber of F&W Customer Service. I hope that NorthLight will be have their website running correctly very soon so that Jo can count on them in the future to uphold their end of the deal with Jo and their customers without so much anguish. Stu
I need to know from more people if they are able to download and play the videos of the water and sky course.

Artsyme
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Jo, I was able to order the Skies Class through your website. I was given the discount and I received a confirmation. Presumably my credit card was billed.
HOWEVER, It has been at least 5 hours and North Light has not sent me the download links so far. I believe when I bought the other courses, it didn't take so long.
Really looking forward to re-watching your wonderful class on skies!!

Johannes Instructor
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Jo, I was able to order the Skies Class through your website. I was given the discount and I received a confirmation. Presumably my credit card was billed.
HOWEVER, It has been at least 5 hours and North Light has not sent me the download links so far. I believe when I bought the other courses, it didn't take so long.
Really looking forward to re-watching your wonderful class on skies!!
As far as I know they don't send you the links hours later. It happens immediately when payment goes thru. You get it in the confirmation email.

Ruth04
04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
I need to know from more people if they are able to download and play the videos of the water and sky course.

Only after my daughter called custome service this afternoon, NLS sent to me 6 new links. I downloaded the first and the second of the skies with no problem. I hope tomorrow will finish to download all.

Mirsa.

Johannes Instructor
04-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Only after my daughter called custome service this afternoon, NLS sent to me 6 new links. I downloaded the first and the second of the skies with no problem. I hope tomorrow will finish to download all.

Mirsa.
I need to know if the links work right when you pay and not need to send a separate email to Northlight requesting correct links. I have not notified the people by email yet about these courses being available and am waiting for these links to work the moment you pay. Thanks

sparkling
05-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Johannes, maybe it would be a good idea to address all your course students about the problems NL currently has with the videos in a separate newsletter, because it does not affect only the sky and waterfall classes, but apparently all the videos.

I've bought at the beginning of April 10 of your classes (the water class, and the rest were from the general painting from photos classes) and for over two weeks I cannot download anyone of these videos anymore and I didn't even have the chance to watch half of them.

I wrote NL several emails to the customer service and as Improv suggested I also wrote one to Sarah Allspaw, but until now I haven't heard back from them at all. And it seriously puzzles me why they keep ignoring me while at the same time they apparently find the time to answer other customers with 2, 3 and more mails.

See, I'm at least a member of this community and so I know that I'm not the only one who has these problems, but I can only imagine how those others out there might feel when they suddenly were left without all of their videos, without any kind of announcement from the NL site and with no one getting back to them.

Sgourlayart
05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Johannes, maybe it would be a good idea to address all your course students about the problems NL currently has with the videos in a separate newsletter, because it does not affect only the sky and waterfall classes, but apparently all the videos.

I've bought at the beginning of April 10 of your classes (the water class, and the rest were from the general painting from photos classes) and for over two weeks I cannot download anyone of these videos anymore and I didn't even have the chance to watch half of them.

I wrote NL several emails to the customer service and as Improv suggested I also wrote one to Sarah Allspaw, but until now I haven't heard back from them at all. And it seriously puzzles me why they keep ignoring me while at the same time they apparently find the time to answer other customers with 2, 3 and more mails.

See, I'm at least a member of this community and so I know that I'm not the only one who has these problems, but I can only imagine how those others out there might feel when they suddenly were left without all of their videos, without any kind of announcement from the NL site and with no one getting back to them.Sylvia, I agree with you that it would be helpful for Johannes to send something out to all his students, but he may have contractural issues with F+W that prevent him from doing that. I do not think that they are ignoring Emails; I just think that customer service is overwhelmed with the issues raised with their new website. They give assurances of 100% satisfaction with a money back guarantee on their website and give you unlimited downloads of the files you purchase; they will have to deliver this or give you your money back. Sarah Allspaw will probably respond shortly to your Email; she did to mine. Here is the address of the person at NL who helped me and Doug (Improv) and got us the correct links.

Please contact costumer service directly per Lolanda's request. -Sarah

I hope this helps you; a lot of us are in the same boat with you, and nobody seems to throwing a rope to rescue us. But patience is needed. This is a large company that makes money from selling their products around the world and they will get it together eventually. Unfortunately, patience is like money: easy to run out of! Stu

paintncook
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Johannes and everybody:
I just went onto the NL website and I find that my downloadable products from Johannes are now gone like everybody elses'. I will contact Lolanda Taber and see what response I get.
Kathy

Johannes Instructor
05-01-2012, 10:29 AM

See, I'm at least a member of this community and so I know that I'm not the only one who has these problems, but I can only imagine how those others out there might feel when they suddenly were left without all of their videos, without any kind of announcement from the NL site and with no one getting back to them.
I click on the links from my website and they do take me to the NL page where I am presented with the purchase option. Do you not get that far? Or is the problem once you make the purchase you don't get the download links?

Johannes Instructor
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Johannes and everybody:
I just went onto the NL website and I find that my downloadable products from Johannes are now gone like everybody elses'. I will contact Lolanda Taber and see what response I get.
Kathy
Did you refresh the page?

Sgourlayart
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Did you refresh the page?Johannes, the currently purchased videos show up in the downloads, but have corrupt links. Older purchases (before the new website came up on April 16th) that used to be still downloadable, just disappeared--and that is for everybody. That is what all the complaints are about. You should have NL let you "buy" all your videos (obviously at no charge, i.e., "complimentary") so that you can see in your account what happens. There is nothing wrong with the customers' computers or with customer service at NL; this is an IT snafu with the new website and they have not fixed it yet. I got an Email last night from my friend and your student Barb Sawyer (Wetpaint0938); she just bought the skies and waterfalls classes yesterday and cannot download them. I referred her to Sarah and gave her Lolanda Taber's Email from F+W customer service. If you call Lolanda, I am sure she can advise you on the magnitude of this. I suspect that all their previously purchased downloadable videos from all of their artists that were supposed to have unlimited downloads have disappeared from all their customers accounts, but I have not bought any other artists downloadables from them. If you do not have contractural issues with F+W about what you post about their products, it might be helpful for you to send out an Email to your customers from your website asking for the help and patience and cautioning them to wait a little to buy the videos. I think that most of your long term students will hang in there with you, but I am worried about new students trying to buy the videos. You might just try buying one of them yourself online and see what happens; I predict you will be amazed! Maybe you might want someone else close by to do it for you. I hope this helps. Stu

paintncook
05-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Did you refresh the page?
Refreshing the page would do no good. When I log on to my account with NL and go to 'my downloads' it tells me I haven't purchased any downloadable products yet. However, when I see my list of purchases, there it is in black and white that I have purchased some of your 'Paint Stunning Landscapes from Photos' downloads. They apparently did something with their site that wiped out everybody's downloads and they haven't restored them, except for a few who have complained mightily.:(
Kathy

paintncook
05-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I want to purchase more of Johannes' videos soon, but am afraid to do so with the issues with NL. My previously purchased downloads have been wiped out from their site. Until they get restored I am reluctant to buy any more. This is hurting Johannes and I am sorry for it!
Kathy

sallspaw
05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey everyone...

I know there are a few ongoing issues with downloads.

1- as far as the old download products go, if you need to re-download them, you will have to be emailed these links again from the North Light Shop. (for some reason they didn't move over to the new platform we are now using). I'm working on getting a direct contact email for that request.

2- if you purchased the courses while there were broken links, you should have gotten an email with the updated links. Use the new set as the shop left out a folder in the file path which made the first set of links error.

Sgourlayart
05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone...

I know there are a few ongoing issues with downloads.

1- as far as the old download products go, if you need to re-download them, you will have to be emailed these links again from the North Light Shop. (for some reason they didn't move over to the new platform we are now using). I'm working on getting a direct contact email for that request.

2- if you purchased the courses while there were broken links, you should have gotten an email with the updated links. Use the new set as the shop left out a folder in the file path which made the first set of links error.Thanks for the clarification, Sarah, but as you can see people are reluctant to buy any more downloads because of 1) poor communications from customer service; 2) repeated inability to download, despite Emailed "correct links"; 3) prior problems with the water and trees courses in January; 4) disappearance of products that they have paid for from their accounts. Action to correct these problems are going to speak louder than words. I have been taken care of because I aggressively pursued a solution after my prior problems in January and no resolution for a month, but the others who are complaining here and many more may just go away. The customer is always right! But thanks for your post and efforts to get North Light back on track. Stu

sallspaw
05-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks Stu.

I understand where you are coming from as the costumer. I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell you guys these files.

This time Johannes and I worked very hard to make sure there were no file corruptions... he double checked the file sizes for me.

However, with changes to the shop website, we still encountered many unfortunate and unpredictable errors.

I have the Rocks course ready to go... but I want to make sure this all gets ironed out first. I apologize for the mess everyone. I guess it's always something with this technology...

nougat
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
it will be a relief when it is all up and running as it should be. what a headache for all concerned!!

Wetpaint0938
05-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I purchased the two new ones and can not down load them and the older ones are not even listed any more ..They were supposed to be there forever ... Have tried several links and nothing but pages of showing the newer purchases They will not down load and they have my money .
I went there Johannas's site and got the discount . THIS IS TERRIBLE .I have written for over two week about the Purchases not being available to down load . I had 12 purchases from before that have vanished... No help or answers They say I have to purchase them ...

sallspaw
05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I purchased the two new ones and can not down load them and the older ones are not even listed any more ..They were supposed to be there forever ... Have tried several links and nothing but pages of showing the newer purchases They will not down load and they have my money .
I went there Johannas's site and got the discount . THIS IS TERRIBLE .I have written for over two week about the Purchases not being available to down load . I had 12 purchases from before that have vanished... No help or answers They say I have to purchase them ...

Unfortunately, those downloads did not move over to the new shop, but you can still get them if you never saved the downloads to your desktop, an external hard drive, etc. Costumer service will have to resend you the files.

At NorthLightShop.com, you can click on the ‘CONTACT US’ link and send the email that way. The toll free number for North Light Shop is: 855.842.5267 or 800.258.0929

Sgourlayart
05-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks Stu.

I understand where you are coming from as the costumer. I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell you guys these files.

This time Johannes and I worked very hard to make sure there were no file corruptions... he double checked the file sizes for me.

However, with changes to the shop website, we still encountered many unfortunate and unpredictable errors.

I have the Rocks course ready to go... but I want to make sure this all gets ironed out first. I apologize for the mess everyone. I guess it's always something with this technology...Thanks Sarah. I am glad you are holding off on the courses. This is not your fault or Johannes and I am sure that customer service is doing all they can at F+W. These thinks happen with new websites. I would just encourage you to be fairly assertive with the management at NorthLight Shop in pursuing the fix with the IT people. Maybe if you put the new videos up for a week or so and download only to test before selling them, some of this can be avoided in the future. It seems to be the links to your videos that are the problem each time, and telling everyone that the videos are available before some troubleshooting just leads to this kind of problem. I do thank you and Johannes for making these fabulous videos available, for your attempts to bug proof everything and, for your help when the bugs still happen. I look forward to the rocks course coming off with no hitches. Stu :clap:

sallspaw
05-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks Sarah. I am glad you are holding off on the courses. This is not your fault or Johannes and I am sure that customer service is doing all they can at F+W. These thinks happen with new websites. I would just encourage you to be fairly assertive with the management at NorthLight Shop in pursuing the fix with the IT people. Maybe if you put the new videos up for a week or so and download only to test before selling them, some of this can be avoided in the future. It seems to be the links to your videos that are the problem each time, and telling everyone that the videos are available before some troubleshooting just leads to this kind of problem. I do thank you and Johannes for making these fabulous videos available, for your attempts to bug proof everything and, for your help when the bugs still happen. I look forward to the rocks course coming off with no hitches. Stu :clap:

the bold part is what I'm planning for next time :)

buoscio
05-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Yes I am aware of it.
Hello,
Chris Buoscio, Senior Online Marketing Manger here from the NL Shop. Our apologies but if you have purchased a download from Northlightshop in the past, and are having trouble accessing your product, please contact our customer service at:
[email protected] You may also call toll free at 855.842.5267 or 800.258.0929.
We will be happy to forward the information you will need to access your download purchases.
Thank you

Johannes Instructor
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if the links for the skies course and waterfalls course are now working right after you make the purchase?

Improv
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Can anyone tell me if the links for the skies course and waterfalls course are now working right after you make the purchase?

Hi Johannes. The links listed on NL in my download history section do NOT download and still get the error "An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner."

However, if I use the second set of links emailed to me by Lolanda last Friday, I have no trouble downloading the files.

Pls. let me know if you need more info.

Cheers

Doug

paintncook
05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Poor Johannes, he shouldn't have to be wasting his valuable time dealing with this. Northlight owes him BIG TIME!

Johannes Instructor
05-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Hi Johannes. The links listed on NL in my download history section do NOT download and still get the error "An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner."

However, if I use the second set of links emailed to me by Lolanda last Friday, I have no trouble downloading the files.

Pls. let me know if you need more info.

Cheers

Doug

I don't mean the older courses from last year. I need to know if the sky course and waterfall course links work now that people would get when buying them. I want to advertise that those courses are available and I need to know if they will not have problems getting those two specific courses without having to get an email from NL correcting the links.

cajunRice
05-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Jo, I bought the "Sky Lesson" from your web site last night. Using the link sent to me in e-mail with the comfirmation, it still does not work, as of 9PM PDT.
I would hold off on sending that notice to everyone at this time.
This is not a complaint, just answering your request for information. I'm sure they are doing the best they can and all will be resolved soon.

Ginger

Rosemarie
05-02-2012, 02:11 AM
I don't mean the older courses from last year. I need to know if the sky course and waterfall course links work now that people would get when buying them. I want to advertise that those courses are available and I need to know if they will not have problems getting those two specific courses without having to get an email from NL correcting the links.

Improv meant the sky and waterfall classes. They give the mentioned error. The older classes are not downloadable without paying again, apart from asking for links from NL. So it is a standstill. :( I hope the IT people will resolve this.

By the way the sky classes are wonderful.

Improv
05-02-2012, 02:13 AM
I don't mean the older courses from last year.

Neither do I, I mean the sky and waterfall course links. I had the name slightly wrong, the section is called My Downloadable Products.
The only products listed there for me are the Sky and Waterfall downloads that I got when I purchased. As I previously said, those STILL do not work. The list that Lolanda from Customer Service sent me last Friday DOES work.

Bottom line: those two specific courses do not work without having to get an email from NL correcting the links.

Cheers

Improv
05-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Improv meant the sky and waterfall classes. They give the mentioned error. The older classes are not downloadable without paying again, apart from asking for links from NL. So it is a standstill.

Exactly right-thanks Rosemarie.

Sgourlayart
05-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Hello,
Chris Buoscio, Senior Online Marketing Manger here from the NL Shop. Our apologies but if you have purchased a download from Northlightshop in the past, and are having trouble accessing your product, please contact our customer service at:
We will be happy to forward the information you will need to access your download purchases.
Thank you
To Chris Buoscio, thank you for your apology, but since your new website obliterated access to all of your Johannes Vloothuis downloadable products purchased before the website changeover by all customers who had purchased them, the fix is to get those download links for the downloads back into the customer files on your server, not to have each customer call or Email you each time they figure out that their files have disappeared. Unless you failed to back up all your customer accounts before changing to the new website, your IT people will find them and will be able to create a program to restore them. You just have to have your senior management make it a priority for them to do this. Otherwise this just going to keep festering. This is a 100% IT problem and the scapegoats here are the folks who created and installed the new website; they are the ones who owe the apology AND They are the ones who are going to have to fix this, not the customer service or marketing people and certainly not Johannes or Sarah. The sooner you face up to this and start lighting a fire under the IT folks, the sooner this will be past history. I hope I have stated this clearly enough. Stu

Sgourlayart
05-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Hello,
Thank you
To Chris Buoscio, thank you for your apology, but since your new website obliterated access to all of your Johannes Vloothuis downloadable products purchased before the website changeover by all customers who had purchased them, the fix is to get those download links for the downloads back into the customer files on your server, not to have each customer call or Email you each time they figure out that their files have disappeared. Unless you failed to back up all your customer accounts before changing to the new website, your IT people will find them and will be able to create a program to restore them. You just have to have your senior management make it a priority for them to do this. Otherwise this is just going to keep festering. This is a 100% IT problem and the scapegoats here are the folks who created and installed the new website; they are the ones who owe the apology AND They are the ones who are going to have to fix this, not the customer service or marketing people and certainly not Johannes or Sarah. The sooner you face up to this and start lighting a fire under the IT folks, the sooner this will be past history. I hope I have stated this clearly enough. Stu

Johannes Instructor
05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Jo, I bought the "Sky Lesson" from your web site last night. Using the link sent to me in e-mail with the comfirmation, it still does not work, as of 9PM PDT.
I would hold off on sending that notice to everyone at this time.
This is not a complaint, just answering your request for information. I'm sure they are doing the best they can and all will be resolved soon.

Ginger
Ok this I needed to know before I send out bulk emails. I have removed the purchase buttons from my website until this is fixed.

Johannes Instructor
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Neither do I, I mean the sky and waterfall course links. I had the name slightly wrong, the section is called My Downloadable Products.
The only products listed there for me are the Sky and Waterfall downloads that I got when I purchased. As I previously said, those STILL do not work. The list that Lolanda from Customer Service sent me last Friday DOES work.

Bottom line:

those two specific courses do not work without having to get an email from NL correcting the links.

Cheers
I got confirmation that the links are working now. I would appreciate it if some of you confirmed this so the ones who want to buy are no longer hesitant to do so.

Thanks,
Johannes

Improv
05-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I got confirmation that the links are working now. I would appreciate it if some of you confirmed this so the ones who want to buy are no longer hesitant to do so.

Thanks,
Johannes

Maybe it takes a bit of time for the working links to appear, but non of the files in my account at NL work yet. (Skies and Waterfalls only, no older videos)

Will try again in an hour or so.

Cheers

cajunRice
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Jo,
Still not working. Used the link sent in the confirmation e-mail and also going to NL site-log in. Still get the error msg as of 10:30 AM PDT.
Ginger

Artsyme
05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
:confused: What does one need to do in order to get a response from customer service? It seems they have contacted some of you here with access codes, but not all of us. (I've sent e-mails to Sarah, to the link that the Senior Online Manager posted here, and to the F&W customer service) No one has sent me the "New Codes"
I still get the error message that tells me to contact the store when I go to"my downloadable products". I ordered the Skies class on 4/30.

Sgourlayart
05-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Jo
My links are still broken in my downloads account. No fix yet. Tried Chrome and IE9.
Stu

Improv
05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
My links are still broken in my downloads account. No fix yet. Tried Firefox 12, IE9. Tried F5 to refresh browser and also emptied my internet cache so that a fresh copy of the page would be fetched. No different from when I tried an hour ago.

When F&W techs say that the links work now, are they only trying on an F&W computer? Have they tried from elsewhere? If they are on the F&W network, maybe that makes a difference?

Ruth04
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
:confused: What does one need to do in order to get a response from customer service? It seems they have contacted some of you here with access codes, but not all of us. (I've sent e-mails to Sarah, to the link that the Senior Online Manager posted here, and to the F&W customer service) No one has sent me the "New Codes"
I still get the error message that tells me to contact the store when I go to"my downloadable products". I ordered the Skies class on 4/30.

Only after I made a phone call to customer service I received the new links. You should try to call.
Good luck!

Mirsa.

Rosemarie
05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Hello,
Thank you

I second Sgourlayart posting. Your IT department has to quickly see too that we who have bought downloadables are able to download without calling the custom services. You have to be aware that many of us are not US residents and can't call toll free nor when you custom service os working. We want the be able to download as promised when we bought the classes.

buoscio
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
We are working at restoring downloads to the individual accounts online. For now customers who have purchased in the past will need to contact our customer service for the links. I will post here when the problem is corrected.
Thank you

Johannes Instructor
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
We are working at restoring downloads to the individual accounts online. For now customers who have purchased in the past will need to contact our customer service for the links. I will post here when the problem is corrected.
Thank you
I just got a message from Christopher Buoscio that he actually made a payment with a credit card to follow the sequence and after he paid he got the correct links. The next step therefore is to see if you are downloading them correctly. Remember that if you right click on a link you will be prompted to save the file. This may apply of course to new transactions. If you did a transaction before today I suspect you will need to email them for the corrected links.

buoscio
05-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Johannes is correct, orders placed after today will be fine.
Missing links will be provided to purchasers who contact our customer service with their account information.

Sgourlayart
05-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Johannes is correct, orders placed after today will be fine.
Missing links will be provided to purchasers who contact our customer service with their account information.Mr. Buoscio, what about all the customers who ordered videos with unlimited downloads over the past year? Until the last 2 courses, both .wmv and .mp4 files were placed in customer accounts for "unlimited downloads" that have all disappeared. I bought the 48 videos of the "Painting Stunning Landscapes from Photographs", the 10 videos from the buildings course, 14 videos from the mountains course, 22 videos from the trees course, 10 videos from the water course and now 6 videos from the skies course (.mp4s only) and 6 videos from the waterfalls course (.mp4s only). Are you really going to send me all the links to these 116 videos? And what about the links to Johannes photo references that also came as a download in about 6 or 7 files? This is kind of like telling everyone that you have fixed the new model car, but they are going to have to schedule a week to fix the old model that they bought. I do appreciate that you got somebody to fix this. Now, what is going to happen when Johannes rocks videos are released? I don't think I will rush to be the first to buy them. S. Gourlay

Improv
05-02-2012, 10:37 PM
I bought the 48 videos of the "Painting Stunning Landscapes from Photographs", the 10 videos from the buildings course, 14 videos from the mountains course, 22 videos from the trees course, 10 videos from the water course and now 6 videos from the skies course (.mp4s only) and 6 videos from the waterfalls course (.mp4s only). Are you really going to send me all the links to these 116 videos? And what about the links to Johannes photo references that also came as a download in about 6 or 7 files?

I have also bought all of the JV videos. F&W needs to take a moment and really think about it: Do they REALLY want to put themselves in the position of having to supply links for hundreds (thousands?) of customers who have bought many of the past JV videos. That could end up as a full time hassle.

Much better if they are to accuratel replace all the dl links as they were before.

Sgourlayart
05-02-2012, 11:51 PM
I have also bought all of the JV videos. F&W needs to take a moment and really think about it: Do they REALLY want to put themselves in the position of having to supply links for hundreds (thousands?) of customers who have bought many of the past JV videos. That could end up as a full time hassle.

Much better if they are to accuratel replace all the dl links as they were before.
BINGO!

chalet_dor
05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Mr. Buoscio, what about all the customers who ordered videos with unlimited downloads over the past year? Until the last 2 courses, both .wmv and .mp4 files were placed in customer accounts for "unlimited downloads" that have all disappeared. I bought the 48 videos of the "Painting Stunning Landscapes from Photographs", the 10 videos from the buildings course, 14 videos from the mountains course, 22 videos from the trees course, 10 videos from the water course and now 6 videos from the skies course (.mp4s only) and 6 videos from the waterfalls course (.mp4s only). Are you really going to send me all the links to these 116 videos? And what about the links to Johannes photo references that also came as a download in about 6 or 7 files? This is kind of like telling everyone that you have fixed the new model car, but they are going to have to schedule a week to fix the old model that they bought. I do appreciate that you got somebody to fix this. Now, what is going to happen when Johannes rocks videos are released? I don't think I will rush to be the first to buy them. S. Gourlay

Thankfully, I have waited to purchase the water and sky videos. I had felt so secure when I purchased other videos believing I could re-download them. I am sick at heart. Dorian

Johannes Instructor
05-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Thankfully, I have waited to purchase the water and sky videos. I had felt so secure when I purchased other videos believing I could re-download them. I am sick at heart. Dorian
Originally Posted by Sgourlayart
Mr. Buoscio, what about all the customers who ordered videos with unlimited downloads over the past year? Until the last 2 courses, both .wmv and .mp4 files were placed in customer accounts for "unlimited downloads" that have all disappeared. I bought the 48 videos of the "Painting Stunning Landscapes from Photographs", the 10 videos from the buildings course, 14 videos from the mountains course, 22 videos from the trees course, 10 videos from the water course and now 6 videos from the skies course (.mp4s only) and 6 videos from the waterfalls course (.mp4s only). Are you really going to send me all the links to these 116 videos? And what about the links to Johannes photo references that also came as a download in about 6 or 7 files? This is kind of like telling everyone that you have fixed the new model car, but they are going to have to schedule a week to fix the old model that they bought. I do appreciate that you got somebody to fix this. Now, what is going to happen when Johannes rocks videos are released? I don't think I will rush to be the first to buy them. S. Gourlay

What I will be doing from now on is to ask the marketing director to buy the course by putting his own credit card in, download the videos and play them. Once he confirms he can save them and play them then I notify you all they are ready. He would go thru the same process as any customer. The difference is he can get a reimbursement on the card. This way it should be full proof.

Sgourlayart
05-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Johannes, creative solution! Should work. Stu

painter 55
05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Way back last year I was having difficulty downloading, and, although everything was made available and I was eventually able to download the Painting Landscapes from Photographs to my computer I decided to go way out and purchase a unit I can store my classes on. I am not sorry that I did that. My little E Book sits there waiting for me to tap into it for classes from the past. Perhaps this is a good way to guarantee that the downloads we pay for are truly ours and are there for us in the future, in spite of the added expense. As to F&W I've never had the feeling that they were ready to be consumer friendly as to computer downloads. They must be experiencing a terrific learning curve meeting student needs. Quite a step aside from mailing out magazines and books. We are privy to some of the best art instruction ever with JV but unfortunately he is going through the pains of getting things right for his students with F&W.

sparkling
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I absolutely and in each aspect agree with what Stu said.

Other than that a really big thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me to get in contact with the customer service, I received an email with a couple of links yesterday. It's not all of them, but it's a start at least :)

I do have another problem and I would like to know whether I am the only one: I have never been able to open the mp4 files. Neither could I open them, when the links were regularly in my account before the movement, nor can I access them now that I got the direct links via email.

On the other hand I can access the wmv files just fine and without any problems in each of my browsers (safari, opera, firefox). And mind you I'm on a Mac! (That's the proof, the end is near! ;) )

BTW, somebody told me that from now on the new videos are going to be released only as mp4 files, is this true? If yes, this would be really sad news for me.

Rosemarie
05-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I absolutely and in each aspect agree with what Stu said.

Other than that a really big thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me to get in contact with the customer service, I received an email with a couple of links yesterday. It's not all of them, but it's a start at least :)

I do have another problem and I would like to know whether I am the only one: I have never been able to open the mp4 files. Neither could I open them, when the links were regularly in my account before the movement, nor can I access them now that I got the direct links via email.

On the other hand I can access the wmv files just fine and without any problems in each of my browsers (safari, opera, firefox). And mind you I'm on a Mac! (That's the proof, the end is near! ;) )

BTW, somebody told me that from now on the new videos are going to be released only as mp4 files, is this true? If yes, this would be really sad news for me.

Sad to hear your problems. I also have a Mac and mp4 works fine most of the times. I wish I could help you. Try the Apple discussions forums https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os

carol_lee
05-03-2012, 11:06 PM
From RosemarieI do have another problem and I would like to know whether I am the only one: I have never been able to open the mp4 files. Neither could I open them, when the links were regularly in my account before the movement, nor can I access them now that I got the direct links via email.

I have 2 free media players on my computer that open mp4 files
The first is my default called SM player http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/ have had no problems opening all types of video formats

and the second is VLC Media Player that also reads MP4 format... just checked.. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Both programs are FREE!!!

I recently had a problem with some files that I purchased,not at F&W, and located my links from the email[thanks to googlemail]..2 yrs ago and re-downloaded... there were 2 options.... directly or through ftp....

I run a regular computer still on XP Pro... I do have a very good broad band running on cable connection not wifi...

Suggest you all check that your sound programs are configurated and plugged in correctly ... I usually listen through using ear phones..mainly because some of the webinars are at hours when everyone else is sleeping...
Had a problem with the pink plug but fixed it... think that is the microphone one...

Hope this helps !!!!

Painter55..Is your little E Book an external hard-drive... they are great!!! I recently got one for backups 500GB

insley
05-04-2012, 12:19 AM
First thing, Johannes this post has nothing to do with you as your our teacher and your great, its all F&W's side I'm directing my frustrations at.

My computer crashed losing all my painting lessons photo's from landscape and reference photo pack, my links for my so called unlimited downloads are all gone except for my last two lessons I purchased which still say they are unlimited on downloads. I emailed F&W and they replied saying I should have saved them on a flash drive not how can we help you, I've had flash drives fail before by the way. After horrible customer service they sent me the links only after demanding my purchase order numbers which I obtained from their own web site that day(don't know why they can't see what I purchased on my account). they told me I will not be able to get my purchases again after using these links even if my account has always said they are unlimited downloads. I would not be so mad if it was stated it was a one time download from the start, I would have taken extra time to make multiple backups. Things happen, computers crash like mine and things get stolen or kids get into things etc. Also wclive discount no longer works on any of the older classes I need which is no big deal to me but its another F&W boondoggle by the looks of it. They are being so anti customer friendly and I'm thinking to myself OK I want to buy the books Johannes recommends but should I after this? I'm in Canada and its much cheaper to go through amazon Canada in the end with shipping and customs factored in for all the same books for Canadians. I have my classes now but I am left with an awful aftertaste after dealing with F&w. Johannes and Kenneth are amazing art teachers, if they were not in the equation I would never give F&W another dime. I'll still buy the courses as Johannes is a giving person helping us with all these art secrets other teachers keep to themselves and deserves what living he can make from his talents, its just F&W makes it a pain at times.

Sorry about my little F&W rant just doing a little venting.

Ethan

insley
05-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Finally after poorly explained by customer service after a few emails and small sarcasm at the end of one email (very good customer service training here) that my downloads will be available when I need them, they will send a link by email, but because of lack of attention in their explanations it read they are not unlimited in previous communications. F&W should be letting customers know if they will be fixing the problem with their accounts instead of giving band-aid soloutions and answers.

I'm playing catch up with these videos as I just purchased landscape photo's lesson 15-16, wclive code is rejected after accessing through improve my paintings. I still bought the course as I'm not going to sit around and waste what little time I have not learning.

As for the books I'm not giving F&W my money for them as I'm that put off, they lost me as a customer for books and they don't offer Carlson's book anymore but amazon.ca does and is cheaper for Canadians in the end anyways even with the wclive discount for art books, I work hard for my money so I'll save where I can. Unfortunately they are the only place for these video's, after Johannes is done with these courses I'll wash my hands of F&W.

Ethan

Spenser
05-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I just tried to purchase a video to complete the landscape course, and true, it would not accept the WCLIVE discount, says it is not valid. So I didn't go ahead with the purchase. I too am not happy that the unlimited download has been taken away, so I spent yesterday copying the recorded classes that I do have onto an external drive as well as burning to DVD. Burning them is taking a long time, but I like that I will have a disc copy as well.

You know, back in early March, I received a promotional email from NL showing a big sale on books. So I ordered one of the ones recommended by Jo. After time had passed, I called to ask if it had been shipped, and I was told it was on back order. Why advertise books that are not even available? But anyway, I am still waiting. That, and I paid a high amount for shipping to Canada! Actually, the shipping cost more than the book. Now when I want books, I buy on Ebay.

I recommend to anyone that has any of the video series to make copies. I find it interesting that the new website shows my purchased products with a 'reorder' option, but not a download option. Reorder? As in pay for something again that I already paid for? I don't think so........

domeland
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I have purchased quite a few downloads and I am really disappointed that they are no longer available. I was taking my time in downloading my videos as I thought, as did everyone else, that these were indefinite links. I guess we now know that nothing is indefinite. I too have emailed F&W to no avail.
I think now it would be to F&W's advantage if they would offer these videos on DVD and not downloads seeing that they are having so many problems in their ability to offer downloads. I know it would take longer to receive these videos but at least we would have something concrete in our hands that hopefully would work and for that assurance I would be willing to wait for the shipping of my item. The down side to this is the shipping would be added to the price of the item, but then again it's the peace of mind of having the video in hand for whenever we would like to view it.

insley
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I just tried to purchase a video to complete the landscape course, and true, it would not accept the WCLIVE discount, says it is not valid. So I didn't go ahead with the purchase. I too am not happy that the unlimited download has been taken away, so I spent yesterday copying the recorded classes that I do have onto an external drive as well as burning to DVD. Burning them is taking a long time, but I like that I will have a disc copy as well.

You know, back in early March, I received a promotional email from NL showing a big sale on books. So I ordered one of the ones recommended by Jo. After time had passed, I called to ask if it had been shipped, and I was told it was on back order. Why advertise books that are not even available? But anyway, I am still waiting. That, and I paid a high amount for shipping to Canada! Actually, the shipping cost more than the book. Now when I want books, I buy on Ebay.

I recommend to anyone that has any of the video series to make copies. I find it interesting that the new website shows my purchased products with a 'reorder' option, but not a download option. Reorder? As in pay for something again that I already paid for? I don't think so........
Spencer try out Amazon.ca for books, shipping is free for orders over $25 in Canada and we don't have to pay customs, they have all or more books then North Light. Out of 4 books recommended in the course total came to $30 cheaper in final price to my doorstep with Amazon then North light, the saving's right their will pay for another one or two books. does not pay in the end for Canadians to buy from F&W.

Artsyme
05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I have purchased quite a few downloads and I am really disappointed that they are no longer available. I was taking my time in downloading my videos as I thought, as did everyone else, that these were indefinite links. I guess we now know that nothing is indefinite. I too have emailed F&W to no avail.
I think now it would be to F&W's advantage if they would offer these videos on DVD and not downloads seeing that they are having so many problems in their ability to offer downloads. I know it would take longer to receive these videos but at least we would have something concrete in our hands that hopefully would work and for that assurance I would be willing to wait for the shipping of my item. The down side to this is the shipping would be added to the price of the item, but then again it's the peace of mind of having the video in hand for whenever we would like to view it.

I think that offering DVD's is a great idea! I finally received an e-mail from customer serv.with new links to the downloads I bought but THESE LINKS STILL DO NOT WORK!!!! SO Frustrating!

insley
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM

I think the downloads are fine as we can burn to dvd's or copy to external memory sticks or drives and not have the high shipping charges, but some people are not as computer literate as others and a hard copy would be beneficial to them with the shipping, both options would be nice to have.

painter 55
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Hello again. Yes, I would think my little E Book is an external hard drive. It can sit on the desk and is the size of a small book. I have an icon on my desktop which allows me access to it if and when I plug it into the computer. On the back of it says "My Book Essential". I have a very inexpensive wireless laptop computer which has given me great service for 4 years but I was not so sure that I wanted to possibly 'fill it up' with classes so I got the E Book. I know that not everything which is generated by a Mac, i.e., emails, attachments, etc., will open on this computer and I usually have to make another request back to the sender. I hope that soon all our computer issues in getting the classes are resolved for every one of JV's students.

Spenser
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Insley, thanks. I actually do have a book ordered from Amazon.ca, but of the two I ordered, I had a notice that one of them was not available right now, s I found it on Ebay. haha, as I was typing this, the doorbell just rang. It was my shipment from Amazon.

I also just received the links in email from NL for my videos, so I will go try to download and see if they work.

paintncook
05-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Insley says. "I find it interesting that the new website shows my purchased products with a 'reorder' option, but not a download option. Reorder? As in pay for something again that I already paid for? I don't think so........"

Exactly what I thought. I certainly hope F&W media knows how much business they have lost due to their unfriendly, unaccomodating customer service. I'm beginning to wonder if Johannes is even getting his commission since the WCLIVE discount code doesn't even work. I'm thankful I didn't buy the photo package right away as I was going to purchase and then wait until I had opportunity to put it onto disc before downloading from Northlight. It was just about then that NL decided to screw up their website and wipe us all out, plus maintain a cavalier attitude about the whole matter.
Kathy

painter 55
05-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Hello again painters. I get a few magazine subscriptions from F&W. I noticed several times in past issues that F&W gives a 10% discount off of anything purchased from Northlight and I've used that discount twice (not for this art stuff). It is a shame that any of JV's students are being put off by poor customer service and poor follow up to F&W's promises to us. However, believe me, JV will be the one short changed by this. F&W has a lot of irons in their fire and this is a small part of that so I don't know about impact on them. Jo's teachings are precious jewels and although I understand the bad feelings about F&W I think you would cheat yourself of something far greater if you don't purchase his courses in spite your anger with F&W. Bottom line is, the full price is still a bargain for this quality of instruction. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.... that said, we should be able to download and keep what we purchase as our own. BTW Carlson's guide was something I owned prior to this course. It is available in my local library and you may be able to find a copy in old book sales--it has been around quite awhile.

Spenser
05-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I do agree with you both, painter55 and Stu. The only reasons I went elswhere to purchase books, as much as I want JV to get commissions from book sales, the shipping to Canada from NL is high, and the book I did order is still not here after 2 months. I didn't purchase the video the other day because clearly the site is not working correctly yet, but I will not deny myself Johannes' videos and will continue to buy them. Just not now until everything is fixed.

Like probably a lot of other people, I am learning more from these classes than I have learned anywhere else in over 10 years. Not that I haven't tried to learn, I just didn't 'get it' until it was explained and taught by Johannes. His videos are worth 3 times what we pay. :)

Tonalist
05-05-2012, 12:26 PM
BTW Carlson's guide was something I owned prior to this course. It is available in my local library and you may be able to find a copy in old book sales--it has been around quite awhile.

Carlsons book can still be found new, pretty easily if someone wants to puchase it for thier library..
I guess North Light doesn't carry it any longer though.

chalet_dor
05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Success with Northlight Shop

On May 2nd I wrote to [email protected] requesting downloadable links for Johannes videos I had purchased in December, 2011 and January 2012.
On May 4th Rebecca Singh sent me the links and they work..............:clap:

I will order more Johannes videos from North Light as soon as I get an OK from Johannes. Dorian

Sgourlayart
05-05-2012, 04:23 PM
I do agree with you both, painter55 and Stu. The only reasons I went elswhere to purchase books, as much as I want JV to get commissions from book sales, the shipping to Canada from NL is high, and the book I did order is still not here after 2 months. I didn't purchase the video the other day because clearly the site is not working correctly yet, but I will not deny myself Johannes' videos and will continue to buy them. Just not now until everything is fixed.

Like probably a lot of other people, I am learning more from these classes than I have learned anywhere else in over 10 years. Not that I haven't tried to learn, I just didn't 'get it' until it was explained and taught by Johannes. His videos are worth 3 times what we pay. :)DITTO for me Spenser; that's why Doug (Improv) and I keep posting what we know here, to try and get F+W to be the good partner they should be to Johannes. In one year of these classes with Jo, I have learned more and advanced my painting more than in the past 10 years with classes, workshops, books, etc. Online education is the future in most areas, not just art. This company knows that but they are suffering from the same problems with their IT that a lot of companies around the world do. Jo is on the cutting edge; when you are on the cutting edge you may bleed a little. Let's all hang in there with Johannes as much as possible. I buy books from Amazon also and other art videos. Please also post good stuff; when you get some help from F+W, like Dor's post above, let everyone know! Stu

chalet_dor
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Success with Northlight Shop:clap:

On May 2nd I wrote to [email protected] requesting downloadable links for videos I had purchased of Johannes, in December, 2011 and January 2012.
On May 4th Rebecca Singh sent me the links and they work..............Dorian
I am ready to order more Johannes' videos. Dorian:)

mickisew
05-05-2012, 05:41 PM
With all the conversation, I just went to Northlight to check my account. All my orders are listed, available, and unlimited downloads. Granted, we all need to vent when we have an issue. However, we must not get carried away with our emotions. Johannes is by far the best teacher and friend to us, willing to share and give 110% of himself. Everything will work out. We have class coming up on the 12th, and we have the open-studio classes coming up for those who want to participate. I look forward to our classes - I need a Johannes fix! :-)

Micki

paintncook
05-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I read Micki's post and checked the Northlight website. Maybe we all can start to relax now. All my prior purchases were back in my downloads and listed as unlimited download, whew!! Now I think we can all go back to purchasing without worrying about it. I'll be interested to know if this was a result of my contact with them or this revision has occured for all.
Kathy

Improv
05-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I read Micki's post and checked the Northlight website. Maybe we all can start to relax now. All my prior purchases were back in my downloads and listed as unlimited download, whew!! Now I think we can all go back to purchasing without worrying about it. I'll be interested to know if this was a result of my contact with them or this revision has occurred for all.
Kathy

All of my Downloads are back now too. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

Doug

insley
05-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I'll be buying Johannes's videos from F&W as its my only choice, if Johannes sold them himself I would make the drive to Hamilton and give him the money directly as he's only an hour away from me. The books on the other hand I'm not going to spend the $20 $30 dollars extra just because Johannes gets a cut of it as that does not make sense for me as I have to watch my money as well, so its not rushing off to buy elsewhere as in Canada it does not make sense to buy books from F&W, the videos is a different story as its a download with no shipping or customs fee's, now if it was a difference of a couple dollars for books I would be more inclined to buy from F&W before only because it helps out an artist we are learning from if F&W handled things properly, buying just the video's is still helping the artist as Johannes made these video's but he did not write these books so I don't feel bad about that. F&W has been horrible with my correspondence and with an unneeded sarcastic remark at one time and always vague messages. My customer rep I dealt with had me do their leg work to show purchase numbers for each video before I was sent links, what if I could not find them would they would have to do it? the information I had to send them I obtained from my account on their web site. As of now they will not get my book business. Burning someone a DVD would be copy write infringement so don't get yourselves in possible hot water.

cajunRice
05-05-2012, 08:45 PM
insley, Johannes does not get a commission ($) on the books. Only on his classes does he make a small commission.

Ginger

insley
05-05-2012, 08:53 PM
insley, Johannes does not get a commission ($) on the books. Only on his classes does he make a small commission.

Ginger

From my understanding if a book bought through his web page and had wclive code used he would, well if not then it just shows F&W that his courses help sell their books i guess. well if thats the case I feel even better about not buying from them if Johannes does not get anything from book links from his web site.

Ethan

Sgourlayart
05-05-2012, 10:30 PM
All of my Downloads are back now too. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

DougMe too (13 pages of download links AND they work). The two people at F+W who took a special interest in this and got it fixed were Chris Buoscio and Sarah Allspaw. Both have posted on this site and are the ones at F+W who stepped up and made sure it was fixed or Jo and all of us. He needs to be thanked by all of us. And by the way, if you have not checked out Larry Seiler's new course at NorthLight from his WetCanvas Live course last fall and this spring, check it out. His teaching rises to the level of Johannes', so support him too. He will be doing more webinars. The other person to thank is Doug, for starting this thread for all of us to find out what's going on. The rocks course videos should also be coming out soon. So it's on to grass and snow next week. Thanks to all who have hung in there and posted helpful material on this site. :clap: Stu

chalet_dor
05-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Me too (13 pages of download links AND they work). The two people at F+W who took a special interest in this and got it fixed were Chris Buoscio and Sarah Allspaw. Both have posted on this site and are the ones at F+W who stepped up and made sure it was fixed or Jo and all of us. He needs to be thanked by all of us. And by the way, if you have not checked out Larry Seiler's new course at NorthLight from his WetCanvas Live course last fall and this spring, check it out. His teaching rises to the level of Johannes', so support him too. He will be doing more webinars. The other person to thank is Doug, for starting this thread for all of us to find out what's going on. The rocks course videos should also be coming out soon. So it's on to grass and snow next week. Thanks to all who have hung in there and posted helpful material on this site. :clap: Stu

Stu.............I thank you for staying positive and helpfull. I have placed an order for the Johannes videos that I need and now I will go check out what Larry Seiler's is offering. I am familiar with him and love his style............Dorian :D

Tonalist
05-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Ok friends.. I need a little help please.

After North Light put back all of our downloadable files, I downloaded what I hadn't before, but I'm not having any luck with one file..
It is Lesson 20-Paint Stunning Landscapes From Photos.. I have tried 5 times for the MP4 and twice for the WMV. Each time it downloads approx. 600-700 mb's and then says the download was interupted. I started this task at 4:30am my time just to make sure I had good band width.. but now I'm thinking it's not on my end..

Can anyone who owns this file tell me what size this is suppose to be? Does your file play?

I've never had a problem downloading any of Johannes files or videos.. so this is a little puzzling, and after what North light has gone through the last couple weeks I'd really like to make sure it's not on my end before I contact them... But I really do think it's the file itself as I recall in the past there were a few files that didn't work.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

woody

Rosemarie
05-06-2012, 11:02 AM
That file has been an issue since the start. NorthLight hasn't solved the problem even though there was discussions about since they put it up for sale. I got a link last week for it and it still did create not a working file.

My suggestion is that you download the .wmv version. Then you convert it to mp4. It is a bit of a hassle but can be done. Are you using Mac or PC?

Sgourlayart
05-06-2012, 12:46 PM
That file has been an issue since the start. NorthLight hasn't solved the problem even though there was discussions about since they put it up for sale. I got a link last week for it and it still did create not a working file.

My suggestion is that you download the .wmv version. Then you convert it to mp4. It is a bit of a hassle but can be done. Are you using Mac or PC?That's what I did also, Rosemarie. When I tried to get NL to fix that one before, I was put on ignore. So, since the major battle seems to be won, I am totally unconcerned with one lesson video. Good advice, and thanks for all your support for fixing things at NorthLight. Johannes is lucky to have artists like you with plenty of technical knowledge as his support group. Onward and upward now with rocks course soon to be released and the grass & snow course the next 3 weekends. Stu

Tonalist
05-06-2012, 01:32 PM

My suggestion is that you download the .wmv version. Then you convert it to mp4. It is a bit of a hassle but can be done. Are you using Mac or PC?

Thanks Rosemarie.. I've tried to download the WMV 3 times now (MP4 5 times) and still it's not happening. At least by your remarks I know it's the file(s) and not me.

woody

Rosemarie
05-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks Rosemarie.. I've tried to download the WMV 3 times now (MP4 5 times) and still it's not happening. At least by your remarks I know it's the file(s) and not me.

woody
It is only the mp4 file that is a problem, not the wmv if it hasn't changed.

What do you expect to happen? Downloading? Open the video file or what?
I v been able to download both but the mp4 is something wrong with and can't be watched.

Tonalist
05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
It is only the mp4 file that is a problem, not the wmv if it hasn't changed.

What do you expect to happen? Downloading? Open the video file or what?
I v been able to download both but the mp4 is something wrong with and can't be watched.

I can't get either format to download.. Actually when I try, I get the message "Download was Interrupted"
after quite a bit of time download time.. (only on Lesson 20)
and I always have a "Partial file" on my hard drive.

I sent off an email to customer service.. guess I'll wait for a response.

thank you for your help.
woody

Rosemarie
05-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Hopefuly it will be solved!

Johannes Instructor
05-06-2012, 08:27 PM
I'll be buying Johannes's videos from F&W as its my only choice, if Johannes sold them himself I would make the drive to Hamilton and give him the money directly as he's only an hour away from me. The books on the other hand I'm not going to spend the $20 $30 dollars extra just because Johannes gets a cut of it as that does not make sense for me as I have to watch my money as well, so its not rushing off to buy elsewhere as in Canada it does not make sense to buy books from F&W, the videos is a different story as its a download with no shipping or customs fee's, now if it was a difference of a couple dollars for books I would be more inclined to buy from F&W before only because it helps out an artist we are learning from if F&W handled things properly, buying just the video's is still helping the artist as Johannes made these video's but he did not write these books so I don't feel bad about that. F&W has been horrible with my correspondence and with an unneeded sarcastic remark at one time and always vague messages. My customer rep I dealt with had me do their leg work to show purchase numbers for each video before I was sent links, what if I could not find them would they would have to do it? the information I had to send them I obtained from my account on their web site. As of now they will not get my book business. Burning someone a DVD would be copy write infringement so don't get yourselves in possible hot water.
I can see your point that if you can save money to get them by amazon.ca being in Canada.

Johannes Instructor
05-06-2012, 08:30 PM

Ginger
I get 12% on each book sold via my recommendation but only if you first click on the link on my website. That's the only way they trace the sale as being originated from me.

cajunRice
05-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Sorry, Jo, for giving the wrong info. I'm always in class before you arrive and never leave until the screen goes black, from the begining in Dec 2010, but missed that. Very glad to hear NL is giving due where due is deserved.

Ginger

Johannes Instructor
05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Just to let you know that the 10% discount coupon "wclive" when purchasing the skies course and the waterfalls course is set to expire on May 14. I asked Northlight to wait until Mother's Day. But that's as far as they will go.

paintncook
05-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Just to let you know that the 10% discount coupon "wclive" when purchasing the skies course and the waterfalls course is set to expire on May 14. I asked Northlight to wait until Mother's Day. But that's as far as they will go.
Does this mean that they will no longer give discounts on anything purchased through you? Also, does this mean that there no longer is a discount for other purchases, only the skys and waterfalls?

insley
05-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Does this mean that they will no longer give discounts on anything purchased through you? Also, does this mean that there no longer is a discount for other purchases, only the skys and waterfalls?

From what I can see it expires after a few weeks of a video being released so far. I'm playing catchup with the main student group as I'm three quarters of the way through painting landscapes from photograph's course, they lost all discounts from what I can see from my most current purchases in the past few weeks. I'm going to pick up skies and waterfalls earlier then I intended to make the cut off date for their discount.

Ethan

insley
05-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Johannes thanks for the heads up on the discount deadline and getting us some extra buying time in, I'll be buying them sooner then intended but its all the same in the end when the lesson collection is complete.

Ethan

chalet_dor
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Johannes Reference Photos From North Lightl.

I purchased and downloaded them a few minutes ago. All were corrupt!

Phoned North Light......talked to several people........Finally talked with someone who was able to provide me with the correct links. :clap:

This is a North Light problem:eek: .............phone them.........Dorian

buoscio
05-10-2012, 05:39 PM
As noted all the NL downloads that were part of a customer's account have been restored. Please do let our customer service know if you are still having difficulty. There is one bug we are ironing out on some browsers though. When you log in the site is secure (https instead of http). For some people it is also changing the download links to https when it should be only http.
You can get to the files by copying the links, pasting and then removing the "s". We've only had 2 instances but I did want to give people a heads up.
As always let us know if there is a problem and thank you for your patience.
Christopher Buoscio

Amandine
05-10-2012, 05:44 PM
As noted all the NL downloads that were part of a customer's account have been restored. Please do let our customer service know if you are still having difficulty. There is one bug we are ironing out on some browsers though. When you log in the site is secure (https instead of http). For some people it is also changing the download links to https when it should be only http.
You can get to the files by copying the links, pasting and then removing the "s". We've only had 2 instances but I did want to give people a heads up.
Christopher Buoscio
Thanks for this update Christopher.

Tonalist
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I earlier posted that I was having difficulty downloading a file
"Lesson 20-Paint Stunning Landscapes From Photos".. I have
been in touch with Julie at NL and she has sent me the proper links within
a day or two.. so thanks to julie for being on top of things.

woody

Tonalist
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
You can get to the files by copying the links, pasting and then removing the "s".
Christopher Buoscio

So can anyone tell me where to see the links?.. whenever I download something it's a "right click" and "Save Target As".. I never see an actual link.

I do believe this extra "s" is the source of the "download was interupted"
problem I am having.. as the links Julie sent me did not include this extra "s"

woody

Rosemarie
05-11-2012, 12:54 AM
As noted all the NL downloads that were part of a customer's account have been restored.
Christopher Buoscio

Mine ins't fully restored and I have written to the customer service but haven't heard from them about the issue. Nor can I see all orders.

I have a question to you, Christopher. Why is the sky and waterfall lessons now cheaper than when they were released? It changed within 2 weeks! and is only 2/3 d of the original price. I feel cheated!

Sgourlayart
05-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Christopher BuoscioChris, you have done a fabulous job of tracking this all down and communicating here with all the customers having problems. You are truly a "hands on" manager. Persistence pays off! Stu

Sgourlayart
05-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Mine ins't fully restored and I have written to the customer service but haven't heard from them about the issue. Nor can I see all orders.

I have a question to you, Christopher. Why is the sky and waterfall lessons now cheaper than when they were released? It changed within 2 weeks! and is only 2/3 d of the original price. I feel cheated!
Yes, I see that too, just like Rosemarie. Especially after all the hassle we went through as some of the first people to buy the skies and waterfalls classes and get them to download, I too feel a little cheated. I feel like F+W has just said "Let the suckers who buy first help us work out our IT problems, and then we'll discount the videos 33% to boost sales". There is a very strong message to the customer in that practice: "Do not be in a hurry to buy!". Stu

Ruth04
05-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes, I see that too, just like Rosemarie. Especially after all the hassle we went through as some of the first people to buy the skies and waterfalls classes and get them to download, I too feel a little cheated. I feel like F+W has just said "Let the suckers who buy first help us work out our IT problems, and then we'll discount the videos 33% to boost sales". There is a very strong message to the customer in that practice: "Do not be in a hurry to buy!". Stu

I AGREE WITH WITH ROSEMARIE AND SGOURLAYART, I AM DISSAPOINTED TOO!!

Mirsa.

paintncook
05-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Boy oh boy is the Northlight Shop ever screwed up! I went shopping this morning and saw that the listed price for the skies and waterfall videos change to a much lower price when you go to order them and the wclive discount works on the skies course, but doesn't work on the waterfall course. Oh well, the skies course is a super bargain right now and the waterfall course is also at a big discount even without the wclive discount so it paid for me to wait. Buy now before they discover they've messed up again!
The saying, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke" sure applies to their website. What was wrong with their old website and why did they feel the need to 'fix' it? Now, I have to see if the downloads work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:crossfingers:
Kathy

Rosemarie
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
The price was fair from the beginning. We were getting a lot for that money but the handling from Northlight isn't fair or good. They seem to try to rectify things but I think there are too many chefs cooking this soup.

Sgourlayart
05-11-2012, 01:05 PM
The price was fair from the beginning. We were getting a lot for that money but the handling from Northlight isn't fair or good. They seem to try to rectify things but I think there are too many chefs cooking this soup.DITTO, Rosemarie. The problem is not the pricing (I agree it was very reasonable), but just plain getting the website completely fixed. Someone at NorthLight and F+W needs to take charge and start applying FOCUS to the people who are applying the "fixes". I had thought that, with regard to Johannes products, Johannes, Sarah Allspaw and Chris Buoscio were of like mind, had a plan and had control; but that was last week and this seems to be a new chapter. I understand the need for a new website for a large publishing company, but to continuously create chaos with every repair attempt and then to repeatedly harm customer service is not a pathway taught in business schools (other than as an example of things to be avoided). I hope someone at F+W is not only posting here, but reading the posts. Stu

Johannes Instructor
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Northlight has now opened registration for the Live 6 Hour Sunday "Paint Along" classes. All mediums welcome.

WetCanvas Live! Paint Along with Johannes Vloothuis

Follow Johannes' steps with other students in a relaxed non formal studio environment, in a 6 hour marathon every Sunday. He will start a painting from scratch and finish it in real time while you watch and if you want paint along as well during a live video feed. Because of the lengthy duration of the class you will be able to complete your own art creation as well. During the class you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations professional secrets, and instructions to guide you along the way. If you miss a part of the class or cannot make it one day, don't worry everything will be recorded. These classes will include demos in oils, watercolor and pastels.

Fee: $19.99 24 hours of instruction
Time: 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM ET every Sunday from May 20 to June 10 (check your local time).
Requirements: High speed internet (aprox 1 MB download speed). An optional $3.99 USD may be required to remove commercial interruptions on UStream
Registration link:
http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-paint-along-w-j-vloothuis-strm (http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-p...vloothuis-strm)

chalet_dor
05-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Northlight has now opened registration for the Live 6 Hour Sunday "Paint Along" classes. All mediums welcome.

Time: 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM ET every Sunday from May 20 to June 10 (check your local time).
Requirements: High speed internet (aprox 1 MB download speed). An optional $3.99 USD may be required to remove commercial interruptions on UStream
Registration link:
http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-p...vloothuis-strm

I just tried your registration link.........
message I received was that page could not be found..............:confused:
Dorian

Johannes Instructor
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I just tried your registration link.........
message I received was that page could not be found..............:confused:
Dorian
try again
\

Follow Johannes' steps with other students in a relaxed non formal studio environment, in a 6 hour marathon every Sunday. He will start a painting from scratch and finish it in real time while you watch and if you want paint along as well during a live video feed. Because of the lengthy duration of the class you will be able to complete your own art creation as well. During the class you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations professional secrets, and instructions to guide you along the way. If you miss a part of the class or cannot make it one day, don't worry everything will be recorded.These sessions will include demos in oils, watercolor and pastels.

Registration link:
http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-paint-along-w-j-vloothuis-strm

chalet_dor
05-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I tried again and it is fine. Signed sealed and delivered :clap: Dorian

mickisew
05-11-2012, 04:42 PM

Follow Johannes' steps with other students in a relaxed non formal studio environment, in a 6 hour marathon every Sunday. He will start a painting from scratch and finish it in real time while you watch and if you want paint along as well during a live video feed. Because of the lengthy duration of the class you will be able to complete your own art creation as well. During the class you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations professional secrets, and instructions to guide you along the way. If you miss a part of the class or cannot make it one day, don't worry everything will be recorded. These classes will include demos in oils, watercolor and pastels.

Registration link:
(http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-p...vloothuis-strm)http://www.northlightshop.com/digw-paint-along-w-j-vloothuis-strm

Registered.

paintncook
05-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Weird! I downloaded the first of the skies videos from Northlight last night and instead of putting it in 'my downloads' it immediately started playing; this never happened with my previous purchases. I closed it out as I didn't want to watch it just then and after that I couldn't find it in my computer ANYWHERE! I downloaded it again and when it started playing I just stopped the video and searched again. Finally found it in 'media player' - only one copy so don't know what happened to the first download. Computers!!!

robert1952
05-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Will the 24 hrs of paint along be available for downloading, like the April22 session, to those who pay for the sessions? ie, included in the 19.99 fee?

robert1952
05-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Guess that's o go! Hope NL get's it together!

Sgourlayart
05-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Weird! I downloaded the first of the skies videos from Northlight last night and instead of putting it in 'my downloads' it immediately started playing; this never happened with my previous purchases. I closed it out as I didn't want to watch it just then and after that I couldn't find it in my computer ANYWHERE! I downloaded it again and when it started playing I just stopped the video and searched again. Finally found it in 'media player' - only one copy so don't know what happened to the first download. Computers!!!You need to right click on the link in your account and do a "save target as" to where you want to save it for a PC. If you don't specify where to save it, it will be in a downloads folder. With some browsers you can just left click on the link and the video will stream instead of downloading or stream and download to save. Wierd but more related to the browser than the operating system. These different browsers are part of why NL has had so much trouble with their new website and not really their fault. Stu

paintncook
05-12-2012, 11:24 AM
You need to right click on the link in your account and do a "save target as" to where you want to save it for a PC. If you don't specify where to save it, it will be in a downloads folder. With some browsers you can just left click on the link and the video will stream instead of downloading or stream and download to save. Wierd but more related to the browser than the operating system. These different browsers are part of why NL has had so much trouble with their new website and not really their fault. Stu
The weird thing is I am using the same browser I've always used and the first time I downloaded it, it didn't go into my downloads folder. I couldn't find it anywhere yet it was playing before I closed it out. Now I am more careful, being sure I save the thing, whereas, before, it was saved automatically. After I download the whole set I am going to save to a disc. I feel better having something tangible in my hands that won't disappear at the whim of the computer, lol.:smug:

Amandine
05-12-2012, 05:11 PM
... ... After I download the whole set I am going to save to a disc. I feel better having something tangible in my hands that won't disappear at the whim of the computer, lol.:smug:
Will do the same for all the videos I bought. I have some of the videos on DVDs, not all of them, only 2 or 3 demos. But after what just happened with NL, better be overcautious and play safe. ;)

Johannes Instructor
05-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Will the 24 hrs of paint along be available for downloading, like the April22 session, to those who pay for the sessions? ie, included in the 19.99 fee?
Yes but only for those who pay.

Sgourlayart
05-12-2012, 06:14 PM
The weird thing is I am using the same browser I've always used and the first time I downloaded it, it didn't go into my downloads folder. I couldn't find it anywhere yet it was playing before I closed it out. Now I am more careful, being sure I save the thing, whereas, before, it was saved automatically. After I download the whole set I am going to save to a disc. I feel better having something tangible in my hands that won't disappear at the whim of the computer, lol.:smug:Excellent plan. I have already done that with all of my videos. Biggest problem was the videos that would not download at all or were corrupted and would not play. I hope we are way beyond that now. Stu

painter 55
05-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I signed up for the paid series of 6 hr demos and received the WCLIVE discount. Something is working.

painter 55
05-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Paintncook. that is exactly what happens to me--more than once. but I did get it. smiles

bonniebowne
05-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Does anyone have an idea how to get the MP4 to download for the Skies Lesson? I let it run all night and I couldn't even get one file to download. Very frustrated, I'll keep after Northern Light, but no luck so far.

paintncook
05-15-2012, 12:17 AM
I signed up for the paid series of 6 hr demos and received the WCLIVE discount. Something is working.
I had signed up for the 6 hr demos and DIDN'T get the WCLIVE discount. It showed up discounted and then disappeared when I entered my payment information. So something doesn't ALWAYS work, lol!!!:(

nougat
05-15-2012, 10:47 PM
the WCLIVE discount expired on 13th may.

paintncook
05-15-2012, 11:58 PM
the WCLIVE discount expired on 13th may.
That's the day I bought it. It showed a discount and by the time I put in my credit card number it disappeared - bummer - like I was 2 seconds too late, lol.

CTpntr
05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I was wondering, does anyone know if Johannes' "Rocks course" is available yet from Northlight? Enjoying looking at all the terriffic submissions, that I may have missed this info.

Johannes Instructor
05-21-2012, 05:40 PM
I was wondering, does anyone know if Johannes' "Rocks course" is available yet from Northlight? Enjoying looking at all the terriffic submissions, that I may have missed this info.
Not yet sorry

ggk
05-28-2012, 04:44 PM
I have paid the $19.99 for the Paint Alongs and watched the first one, now I am trying to download the video through the new link the was sent to me with the new password. After I download it and then unzip it, nothing plays, it just shows the half started work and some voices in the backgroung. Can anyone else tell me if they had a problem with downloading that video?

chodi
05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Keep watching or play forward. You will get to it.
By the way, on my computer when I unzipped, both parts were named the same, but the second one was Part 1 and the one showing first was really Part 2.
Good Luck!

Johannes Instructor
05-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I have paid the $19.99 for the Paint Alongs and watched the first one, now I am trying to download the video through the new link the was sent to me with the new password. After I download it and then unzip it, nothing plays, it just shows the half started work and some voices in the backgroung. Can anyone else tell me if they had a problem with downloading that video?
Try different spots of the video. The camera may have had a black screen that I do sometimes. These are unedited videos.

ggk
05-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Everything is okay now as I had already tried to fast forward but it probably had not caught up to the correct spot yet. After getting your relpy I just let it play and all is good. But then I realized 2 is 1 and 1 is 2!!!

The information and enjoyment I have gotten from your classes is greatly appreciated. Thank you Jo, ggkhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Johannes Instructor
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Everything is okay now as I had already tried to fast forward but it probably had not caught up to the correct spot yet. After getting your relpy I just let it play and all is good. But then I realized 2 is 1 and 1 is 2!!!

The information and enjoyment I have gotten from your classes is greatly appreciated. Thank you Jo, ggkhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif
They must've inverted them at northlight. Good thing it is easy to tell which one is first

nougat
06-01-2012, 12:04 AM
same for me too - but as it's just 2 parts you can easily tell which one's first :)

T13 St Jean
06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I was on the northlightshop.com site this morning, and the Essentials of painting rocks is now posted for purchase.

I purchased this course and can download all the videos.

Also paid for the next series of Live Paint Along classes from June 23 to July 14.

Therese

mickisew
06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Remember, Jo only gets credit for purchases thru improvemypaintings.com

Johannes Instructor
06-20-2012, 11:30 AM
The Essentials of Painting Rocks is now up for purchase. To purchase go to:

http://improvemypaintings.com/RecordedClasses.html

and scroll all the way to the bottom. By purchasing this course and others you show your appreciation for all my work. Thank you!

Improv
06-20-2012, 11:50 AM
I was on the northlightshop.com site this morning, and the Essentials of painting rocks is now posted for purchase.

I purchased this course and can download all the videos.

Also paid for the next series of Live Paint Along classes from June 23 to July 14.

Therese

Essentials of Painting Rocks is listed for $29.99 on improvemypaintings.com, and listed for $19.99 on northlightshop.com.

Which is the right price?

chalet_dor
06-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Rock course is downloading now. : ))

Improv
06-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

UPDATE:

As of today, June 20, 2012, the following videos are available for sale:

-Landscapes from Photos
-Painting Buildings
-Painting Water
-Painting Trees
-Painting Skies
-Painting Waterfalls
-Painting Mountains
-NEW! Painting Rocks

-Painting Grass and Snow.

improve my paintings.com

Cheers

Doug

Tonalist
06-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Doug... it looks like you missed the Mountain course.

woody

Improv
06-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Doug... it looks like you missed the Mountain course.

woody

Thanks Woody-I edited the list.

Cheers

Doug

Improv
06-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Essentials of Painting Rocks is listed for $29.99 on improvemypaintings.com, and listed for $19.99 on northlightshop.com.

Which is the right price?

Anyone?

Amandine
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Once you've clicked on the link to purchase videos on "Improve my Paintings", it brings you to North Light website where the price is listed 19,99 $. Probably, a little error on Jo's website. ;)

Improv
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Once you've clicked on the link to purchase videos on "Improve my Paintings", it brings you to North Light website where the price is listed 19,99 $. Probably, a little error on Jo's website. ;)

You are probably right. Thanks.

T13 St Jean
06-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Remember, Jo only gets credit for purchases thru improvemypaintings.com

?? Oh I did not know that ??
Where and when did the information come out that Jo does not get credit for these purchases when we go direct to North Light? I've purchased every online course since day 1 and have never heard this before. I sure want to give Jo credit for all his wonderful work. The link on improve my paintings goes to North Light Shop so how is it that when we go direct he would not get the same recognition.

Therese

Tonalist
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Therese.. As I understand it.. it's the clicking through ImproveMyPainting site that actually tracks the info. for Jo.

woody

Johannes Instructor
06-21-2012, 12:02 PM
?? Oh I did not know that ??
Where and when did the information come out that Jo does not get credit for these purchases when we go direct to North Light? I've purchased every online course since day 1 and have never heard this before. I sure want to give Jo credit for all his wonderful work. The link on improve my paintings goes to North Light Shop so how is it that when we go direct he would not get the same recognition.

Therese
When you click on the links on recorded videos from my improvemypaintings.com the sale gets tracked and I make a commission on those sales. If you look at the address bar you will see a affiliate number.

mfarns
06-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I went back to my link to review Essentials of Painting Trees and the link no longer works. Do these expire after time? If not, is there someone I can contact? I tried to find a FAQ solution without success. Thanks.

gourdalicious
06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Contact customer service with your invoice number and the SKU for the class. They should be able to then send you the proper link(s).
I just did this yesterday and received a very prompt response and the info.

Johannes Instructor
06-29-2012, 03:51 PM
I went back to my link to review Essentials of Painting Trees and the link no longer works. Do these expire after time? If not, is there someone I can contact? I tried to find a FAQ solution without success. Thanks.
I do not have access to the Northlight files. You have to go thru them.

Improv
06-29-2012, 05:28 PM

Did you not download the videos for Essentials of Painting Trees when you bought it?

Sgourlayart
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Did you not download the videos for Essentials of Painting Trees when you bought it?Doug, he probably just paid the first time for the streaming version and did not pay extra for the downloadable version. I believe that was still going on with the trees course. F+W is still having problems with the links, it looks like. Stu

Ruth04
06-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi Jo

I love your courses and I hope to have all of them, you are an excellent theacher!!

I bought buildings, trees and mountains courses in streaming version. I did not pay extra for the downloadable version because I did not have the money at the time and I did not expect to have problems to watch the courses afterwards

I think although NLS fix the issues, in the future there may be issues again.

Could there be another oportunity for the ones that paid streaming versions to pay the complement to download this courses?

Regards.

Mirsa

nougat
07-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Hi Jo

I love your courses and I hope to have all of them, you are an excellent theacher!!

I bought buildings, trees and mountains courses in streaming version. I did not pay extra for the downloadable version because I did not have the money at the time and I did not expect to have problems to watch the courses afterwards

Could there be another oportunity for the ones that paid streaming versions to pay the complement to download this courses?

Regards.

Mirsa

i SOOOO agree and would like a reply to mirsa's question.
PLEASE don't say contact northlight cos i am totally disgusted with their (lack of) customer care.

since the beginning of june i have emailed customer care, sarah allspaw and chris (? i forget) buocio.
i got 1 (one ) email telling me the problem was fixed when it wasn't and that's it.
today i tried the buildings and trees + passwords AND THEY WORKED.

did i get at least some sort of notice?? NO.

Johannes Instructor
07-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi Jo

Regards.

Mirsa
Yes you would only pay the difference.

nougat
07-15-2012, 12:22 AM
don't be so sure - it seems there was a time limit.
sarah allspaw never answered my query about it. (and other questions)

Improv
07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
I just got an email from Johannes stating:

Northlightshop has released the recorded video course of, "Essentials of Painting Rocks". You can purchase this course by going to http://improvemypaintings.com/RecordedClasses.html. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the purchase link.

However, I already purchased Essentials of Painting Rocks on June 28 2012.
(I can see it in My downloadable products on NorthLight Shop.)

Can someone explain this?

Thanks.

Doug

Sgourlayart
07-19-2012, 12:49 AM

Northlightshop has released the recorded video course of, "Essentials of Painting Rocks". You can purchase this course by going to http://improvemypaintings.com/RecordedClasses.html. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the purchase link.

Thanks.

DougMaybe Johannes got mixed up and meant the Grass and Snow course. I bought the rocks course also. I get real confused about the paintalongs since there are about 11 or 12 paintalongs (with the freebies and make-ups); but I have been able to keep the courses straight. Stu

chalet_dor
07-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Well there are those of us that have and others who need to be reminded of what is available at North Light............smiles : ))

Improv
07-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Well there are those of us that have and others who need to be reminded of what is available at North Light............smiles : ))

No, this was not just an email advert, this was from Jo announcing that the Rocks videos were now ready-as in just released.

Rosemarie
07-19-2012, 01:25 AM

Thanks.

Doug

I attended the course too but I haven't got any new email about the course from Northlight or from Johannes. Are you sure it is a new mail?

Improv
07-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Maybe Johannes got mixed up and meant the Grass and Snow course.

No, I don't think so because the link goes to improvemypaintings.com and Rocks is listed, but Grass and Snow still isn't listed (as of today )

Improv
07-19-2012, 01:31 AM
I haven't got any new email about the course from Northlight or from Johannes. Are you sure it is a new mail?

I got the email at 4:13PM (EDT?) today (July 18). The announcement was in the email titled "Certificates "Essentials of Painting Rocks. The part of the email in question read:

" Northlightshop has released the recorded video course of, "Essentials of Painting Rocks". You can purchase this course by going to http://improvemypaintings.com/RecordedClasses.html. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the purchase link. "

paintncook
07-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I got the email at 4:13PM (EDT?) today (July 18). The announcement was in the email titled "Certificates "Essentials of Painting Rocks. The part of the email in question read:

" Northlightshop has released the recorded video course of, "Essentials of Painting Rocks". You can purchase this course by going to http://improvemypaintings.com/RecordedClasses.html. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the purchase link. "
I got this email as well. I think he was announcing the availability of the certificate for class attendance and, as an aside, reminded us that the course was also available for purchase. It was probably just a reminder that it was available, although it has been available for some time. Kathy

Improv
07-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I got this email as well. I think he was announcing the availability of the certificate for class attendance and, as an aside, reminded us that the course was also available for purchase. It was probably just a reminder that it was available, although it has been available for some time. Kathy

It read more like a release announcement IMHO. Whatever.

Rosemarie
07-19-2012, 10:42 AM

That mail I got too. The subject was "Certificates "Essentials of Painting Rocks".

Johannes Instructor
07-20-2012, 07:55 AM
That mail I got too. The subject was "Certificates "Essentials of Painting Rocks".
Sorry I had the wrong title but the message was correct. I took advantage to try to sell more rock recordings.

Johannes Instructor
07-20-2012, 07:59 AM

Doug
Thanks.
I sent a bulk email to everyone that registered in the Rocks course. I would not know who bought or did not buy the course. The main reason for the email was the certificates.

Improv
07-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks.
I sent a bulk email to everyone that registered in the Rocks course. I would not know who bought or did not buy the course. The main reason for the email was the certificates.

That makes sense now. At the time that I got the email, it sounded like a new announcement for the Rocks video as if it had just come out. Since I had already bought Rocks several days ago, I wondered if it was a new version or something.

No big deal, just momentary confusion! :D

Cheers

Doug

Ruth04
07-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Jo:

I followed the procedure for buying the rocks' course but When I was about the finish the purchase, I realized it didn't indicate it was a downloadable file, only says:

“WetCanvas Live! Essentials of Painting Rocks with Johannes Vloothuis
Files
Essentials of Painting Rocks Lesson 1: Anatomy of Rocks
Rocks 1 Oil Demo at Acadia Park
Rocks 2 Homework
Rocks 3 Homework
Rocks 3 Lesson “

I' d like to know if it can be downloaded or not because I' m still interested in buying it.
Thank you for your response.

Mirsa

Rosemarie
07-23-2012, 12:55 AM
To my knowledge they are downloadable. I went to the page and you are right, There isn't any information on this. You could ask Customer Service, link up to the right on the NL page.

Ruth04
07-23-2012, 01:56 AM
To my knowledge they are downloadable. I went to the page and you are right, There isn't any information on this. You could ask Customer Service, link up to the right on the NL page.

Thank you Rosemarie, but in past problems I have not been lucky with them, bad service :(

Improv
07-23-2012, 02:02 AM
Thank you Rosemarie, but in past problems I have not been lucky with them, bad service :(

Yes they are downloadable. I have purchased them myself.

Cheers

Doug

Johannes Instructor
07-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Jo:

I followed the procedure for buying the rocks' course but When I was about the finish the purchase, I realized it didn't indicate it was a downloadable file, only says:

“WetCanvas Live! Essentials of Painting Rocks with Johannes Vloothuis
Files
Essentials of Painting Rocks Lesson 1: Anatomy of Rocks
Rocks 1 Oil Demo at Acadia Park
Rocks 2 Homework
Rocks 3 Homework
Rocks 3 Lesson “

I' d like to know if it can be downloaded or not because I' m still interested in buying it.
Thank you for your response.

Mirsa

We have not received complaints about the downloads of the rock course.

chalet_dor
07-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I think the problem may be that there are no instructions..........

If I remember correctly, I had to right click on each one individually and choose save as to down load it.........Dorian

paintncook
07-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I think the problem may be that there are no instructions..........

If I remember correctly, I had to right click on each one individually and choose save as to down load it.........Dorian
IMHO, Northlight is a mess! I wrote a review on the waterfall course. I went directly to Northlight, clicked on videos, clicked on Johannes Vloothuis and the Waterfall course and the Skies course were NOT listed among his available video downloads. The average person sufing the NL site won't find everything available from Johannes! The only way to find everything is from Johannes' site, but not everybody knows about his website.
Kathy

chalet_dor
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM
After I paid for the class North Light sent me an e-mail where I could download the lessons.......but I did have to right click the download link and do a save as! I am downloading the grass and snow classes right now..........Tried to do it through Johannes web site but he does not have it listed on his web site. Some one mentioned this on Wet Canvas before.

Comments I have made are still not listed

..........Dorian

Improv
07-23-2012, 02:21 PM
deleted.

Improv
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Edit: Of course, just after I ask, I tried again and found the Grass and Snow page:

http://www.northlightshop.com/essentials-paiting-grass-snow-with-johannes-vloothuis-u0513

After I paid for the class North Light sent me an e-mail where I could download the lessons.......but I did have to right click the download link and do a save as! I am downloading the grass and snow classes right now..........Tried to do it through Johannes web site but he does not have it listed on his web site. Some one mentioned this on Wet Canvas before.

Hi Dor-do you have a link where the Grass and Snow videos can be purchased? I never received an email and can't seem to find it on NL.

Thanks

Doug