PDA

View Full Version : Ink- Hand Study

kare
05-13-2003, 06:36 PM
This is one of my first hand studies.. i worked on the top hand for about 5 minutes, but ended up taking a photograph because it was impossible to draw my two hands..

all comments welcome.

"Hand Study" ink - 13 May 2003.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2003/18486-13-05-2003_HandStudy_ink.JPG

MonicaB
05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Yes, I can see how that would be difficult to draw what you see, when one hand is doing the drawing. . . :D What kind of pen are you using? You have some very bold lines, which is something I need to do more of. :D

kare
05-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Hi Monica!
I'm currently using a fountain pen with a broad nib (one of the old fashioned pens)
i love the broad lines myself..

i just wish i had someone to model instead of having to take a number of photographs to get the perfect view lol

ciarrai

Jakeally
05-14-2003, 05:53 AM
Great job.... I like this a lot.:clap: :clap:

kare
05-14-2003, 06:30 AM
I wish i could do many more hand studies though i may have to wait for the weekend.. i have asked my partner if i may take some photographs of the palms of his hands and do some works on them. to me, i believe hands are the strongest part of any person.. they can tell their age, their workload and especially how hard their life has been on them. they're unique tools that we use every second of the day, something we take for granted far too often. if we didn't have hands i think our chances of producing fine art would be quite limited! and i'm sure you agree..

drawing hands is something i would like to be better at.
ciarrai :)

Jakeally
05-14-2003, 07:29 AM
LOL....me too Ciarrai

drwells
05-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Ciarrai, Very nice hands. Yeah, I joke that i'm really good at drawing my left hand...cuz I'm right handed.

Great Job!

Danny

kare
05-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Jakeally;
nice to see your smiling face again! yes lol, i thought i wouldn't be alone in that one! i've got a question.. sometimes my pennib drops ink in places i don't want ink LOL.. is it because i've too much ink on the nib?

drwells;
thankyou for your nice comments. i'm new to this forum.. do you post any works here?

ciarrai

drwells
05-14-2003, 05:51 PM
ciarrai: do you post any works here?

A few. :) Um, mostly trees though.

kare
05-14-2003, 07:10 PM
pen & ink would be great for trunk texture on trees... have you any latest works on wc that i could have a look at.. i'm not sure where to start on looking at other ink art LOL

drwells
05-14-2003, 07:46 PM
Ciarrai!

Sure...Here is the latest WIP I'm working on.

http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94776

You should check out a bunch of posts here in P&I. There is some really great and inspirational stuff. :D

Danny

kare
05-15-2003, 01:37 AM
Great wip Danny!! i don't know how i'd go with a wip in ink just yet.. i'm still trying different textures and styles.

here's my new 'indian' piece.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107429 i feel like something is missing.. perhaps i should do a background, i'm not sure. any advice?