PDA

View Full Version : Untitled

Paintonbrush
05-13-2003, 10:09 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-13-2003/4969_greenvasedone.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Untitled
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x36
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
curious what you think

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
comments welcome

Wayne Gaudon
05-13-2003, 10:13 AM
amazing .. love it all but find the two strings of white are in competition and pull each eye in a different direction
.. perhpas if one string were in shadow it would make a great piece even greater.

Chuck
05-13-2003, 10:27 AM
STRONG! Although, the negative space is a bit too ambiguous, for me. Maybe a more defined horizon line, behind the vase would add 3D perspective.

pero lane
05-13-2003, 10:47 AM
I agree with Wayne on the two white glads(?) but this is breathtaking!

Wes Hyde
05-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Beautiful painting, Dianne, but the multi-directional light doesn't allow any longer shadows and gives a bit of confusion to the piece. I want to read it with light from the left, but then notice lit areas to the right which leads me to the white flowers and the other comments. I think this could be even stronger with heavier shadows.

Wes

artbabe21
05-13-2003, 10:57 AM
oh, lovely and a bigee at that! really nice job on those hard edges on the foreground flowers...

I think Mark may be right on those spiky, scary leaves...LOL...joking but I wouldn't want to go to sleep on those guys!

Paintonbrush
05-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Cool input! So I think I will go back "in" and darken the entire back right side and the glads too....make some shadow.

bocote
05-13-2003, 09:47 PM
this is good work. I dont dissagree with any previous reply.

I think this is the largest painting that I have seen you do and I'm excited to see it. Colors are great - hues and saturation perfect. Contrast has been commented on. The vase... is it a reflective type vase? a red or 2 in reflection would add to this work enough to make it worth while to mention, but its not needed (or not valid). I love the little roots on the onion stalk thingees (whatever those plants are called).

have fun,

bocote

Paintonbrush
05-13-2003, 10:41 PM
bocote-thanks, that means alot. I am a bit confused as to how to work it. I should post the photo I went from. the actual still was set up in a very sunny window and its almost all direct light. so how to shadow where there is no shadow. like the suggestion of the red. ;-)