PDA

View Full Version : Last Friday-Lunch Sketch

drwells
05-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Hi guys, here is another. Sharon, I'm starting to figure out in my head that drawing you suggested. Here is my second attempt..gotta find the first. (I know it isn't exactly what you suggested but getting the picture out of my head and onto paper is such a challenge/frustration for me)

005 microns black and brown plus a little brown with the micron brush.

d

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2003/8954-twins.jpg

MonicaB
05-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Another very cool tree! Looks like the elves are colonizing. :D

Jakeally
05-13-2003, 05:43 AM
Oh! Yes.....you have definately got to work this one up. You have the beginnings of another super picture:clap: :clap:

artdude
05-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Like your idea Danny :) You'll have your own tree community before you know it :D Maybe you should get yourself a small sketch pad and take it to work with you. That way you won't have to draw on your lunch bags :) Mind you, I do like the brown bag color it adds to your sketches :D:)

BTDogMom
05-13-2003, 11:39 AM
This is a great pic, Danny - I had no idea there were so many different colors of ink - I like the brown on brown - I agree with Mon - u gotta build it up, I love the walkway between the 2 trees - Maybe e-woks live in this 1 ?

Nicolart
05-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Of course, still magnificient trees:D

mel-ink
05-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Kewl, Danny!! :cool: You ought to get a bunch of these tree drawings together and go hit up some galleries!! They really need to be displayed for people to see and appreciate them!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

els
05-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Great sketch Danny...

drwells
05-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Thanks you guys! Gawd I came back and looked at this...jeepers...definately a sketch. eeew...but I DO like the idea. Will keep working on it.

Murray. Maybe you should get yourself a small sketch pad and take it to work with you. That way you won't have to draw on your lunch bags

LOL...I do have sketch pads...they go with me just about everywhere. Irks the wife, but I do drag my bag all over the place..I was working on the tree with the wall wrapping around it while waiting for my lunch. I just get a kick out of drawing on the bags, most of the time I draw something, sign it and throw it away..I'm weird like that. But I was told that a couple of them are on the back wall in the restaurant. :D

Mel! Can't I just show em to you guys?? Scares the heck out of me to think about showing them to people that may not like them. :)

d

DragonladyfromOz
05-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Hey, how did I miss this? I must be getting slow in my old age - heheheee.
I like the idea here - it's great! Reminds me of the elven realm in the middle of a forest in one of the books I read. Everything was connected with walkways to huge hub type platforms waaaaay up in the trees. The name of the forest was Colandriel or something - I think???
You need to eat a bigger lunch Danny to get the rest of the forest in now - heheheeee.
Cheers
Manda

jjsangel
05-15-2003, 02:35 PM
HEY DANNY. Looks like your brainstorming is working. I think this is going to be such a cool idea. I can't wait to see all the things you will come up with. There could be a platform with ropes and pulleys for an elevator and wrap around porches and a water wheel with a stream.. There could be a spiral staircase with the bottom section that pulls up at night so no one can climb up. There are so many possibilities. I think I have the book around here somewhere. I will see if I can find it and see what all they had going on. I am so glad you are starting to think about what you are going to do. Can't wait to see more idea sketches and then the final idea all finished. YEA!!!!!!! COOOOOOOOL.

I like the look of the brown paper too. Maybe you could draw it on some Mien Tients (sp?) brown. That would be cool..

drwells
05-15-2003, 08:50 PM
OH jeesh you guys! You make me blush. I wish I had the confidence in my work that you guys have in me. :)

I love both of your ideas...Sharon, do not show me any references...I want to get this thing out of my head just using the ideas you guys have given me. (it is much more torture that way) :)

d

jjsangel
05-15-2003, 09:17 PM
All righty then...LOL.. I will just let you torture youself and not give you anymore ideas. I just can't wait to see what you do..:D I am holding my breath and turning blue..

drwells
05-16-2003, 12:18 AM
No, no Sharon!! That isn't what I meant :( Please keep giving me ideas...I was just afraid you were going to show me the illustrations from the book. You better promise to keep giving me ideas. ;)

d